Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want to do something different with SV... suggestions?

I love TS3. I finally have all EPs and would like to start a new game in Sunset Valley but do something real different with it. Any suggestions? I like having the Goth and Wolff families (although Thornton and Morgana always divorce) but am not crazy about most of the rest. Was thinking of a game with only Goths, Wolffs, and my usual Sim family of my husband and me, and then see what happens. Perhaps reincarnate all the dead Goths. Of course, some NPCs would be added as playable along the way.

What fun things have you done with SV? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    I've taken everyone out completely and added only sims I've made to the town. Actually, I made a bunch of sims from my favorite tv shows and used them. It's so fun to see what Jim from The Office is up to, or that Kimmy Schmidt and Shawn Spencer (from Psych) started dating. Just stuff like that.

But really you can do that with any town, not just SV. And making all the households took way longer than I thought. Still really fun though. :)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I once tried to turn it into a future town. I replaced the rabbit holes with the Into the Future ones and placed every lot from this EP that was in my library into the world. Sadly, my game crashed without me saving before :'(
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    I have two ideas that i'm only half way with them (meaning I started to build it but hav'nt finished so I didn't play and actually tested these ideas):
    1) To create sort of an "Allstar sims" town = taking your favourite households from every town and populate one town. I did finished to create a save like this (I imported their original houses too) but not yet played with it to see how it goes :smile:
    2) Resurrect all of the ghosts in town (using cheats) and create sort of an old version of town. For example if you're playing with the Goths - make Cornelia and Gunther younger (also Agnes), and resurrect their hole family and play it like a reguler household, but it's like the story of the family being told from an earlier point at time. I like to call it "Sunset Valley's Origins" :smile: Meanwhile I did resurrect all the ghosts of SV, but hav'nt populate them yet in houses.
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    I have two ideas that i'm only half way with them (meaning I started to build it but hav'nt finished so I didn't play and actually tested these ideas):
    1) To create sort of an "Allstar sims" town = taking your favourite households from every town and populate one town. I did finished to create a save like this (I imported their original houses too) but not yet played with it to see how it goes :smile:
    2) Resurrect all of the ghosts in town (using cheats) and create sort of an old version of town. For example if you're playing with the Goths - make Cornelia and Gunther younger (also Agnes), and resurrect their hole family and play it like a reguler household, but it's like the story of the family being told from an earlier point at time. I like to call it "Sunset Valley's Origins" :smile: Meanwhile I did resurrect all the ghosts of SV, but hav'nt populate them yet in houses.

#1 is basically how I see Rflong's Legacy Island 3. It's so fun! :)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    edited July 2017
    KATENESS wrote: »

#1 is basically how I see Rflong's Legacy Island 3. It's so fun! :)

I'm not familiar with it, but googling at these moments :smile: By the way I know I'm not the first one who thought about the idea, I just wanted to share where am I at the process :lol:

Edit: after googling, @Rflong7 - I LOVE your picture at the exchange!! so cool!
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    I once took SV and replaced all of the new families (including the Wolffs even though I like them) with Sims 2 families as they would have been before The Sims 2. It was a tonnnnn of work, but it was a lot of fun to see, say, Flamenco Caliente and his wife, Ni.ghat, before they had Nina and Dina. :smile:
  • Options
    ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    I've been thinking about building a Fallout-esque vault somewhere underneath Sunset Valley (like under central park with the entrance under the fountain, or something). I'd want it to be full of unrelated Sims so they could mix-and-match and create a bunch of future generations who've only ever known life underground. I know I'd have to use cheats to fit that many Sims in one household (...or to continue the household at a certain point). I don't know if I'd play them exclusively or maybe switch back and forth between them and families above ground, living it up on the surface where, unbeknownst to the vault dwellers, no nuclear apocalypse actually happened. The problem with switching households is that the game would make my vault dwellers randomly hang out around town when I'm playing the other families. I want the last generation of that household to dig their way out via desperation and loneliness, and when the light of unfamiliarity fades from their eyes, all that's out there is a town full of same-face Katy Perry bikini-wearing elders who like to read in public and ignore each other. It would be like the end of Planet of the Apes, except instead of Charlton Heston screaming at the Statue of Liberty's head, bikini-wearing elders.
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I used the SV terrain in my first appempted CAW project and Gibsons was the result of that attempt though it turned out to be more stable than the original Sunset Valley and it was also empty in a new game until I started moving my own families in.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    I once took SV and replaced all of the new families (including the Wolffs even though I like them) with Sims 2 families as they would have been before The Sims 2. It was a tonnnnn of work, but it was a lot of fun to see, say, Flamenco Caliente and his wife, Ni.ghat, before they had Nina and Dina. :smile:

Did you know there's a TS2-type Pleasantview world for TS3? It's WAY fun!
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    [quote="Avatarit;c-15917415"Resurrect all of the ghosts in town (using cheats) and create sort of an old version of town. For example if you're playing with the Goths - make Cornelia and Gunther younger (also Agnes), and resurrect their hole family and play it like a reguler household, but it's like the story of the family being told from an earlier point at time. I like to call it "Sunset Valley's Origins" :smile: Meanwhile I did resurrect all the ghosts of SV, but hav'nt populate them yet in houses.[/quote]

What a cool idea; it would be like going back in time. Thanks to you and everyone for the suggestions! You are the most creative people on the planet. :-D

• Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    I always play in SV, I like the way the town is laid out. But I get rid of all the townies and replace them with my own families. I have every kind of supernatural and lots of normal sims. I redo the whole town, I've used buildings from Roaring Heights as I like those, and have some apartment buildings. That really changes the look of the town. I have each supernatural (witches, vampires, werewolfs and fairies) in their own areas of town with similar type homes and community lots. The witches and vamps all have Victorian type houses, the werewolfs sort of log cabinish, the fairies tree house type or bright colors. On the waterfront I have beach type housing. It's work in progress, I never seem to be finished.
  • Options
    KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,067 Member
    Blow it up.
  • Options
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    [quote="Avatarit;c-15917415"Resurrect all of the ghosts in town (using cheats) and create sort of an old version of town. For example if you're playing with the Goths - make Cornelia and Gunther younger (also Agnes), and resurrect their hole family and play it like a reguler household, but it's like the story of the family being told from an earlier point at time. I like to call it "Sunset Valley's Origins" :smile: Meanwhile I did resurrect all the ghosts of SV, but hav'nt populate them yet in houses.

What a cool idea; it would be like going back in time. Thanks to you and everyone for the suggestions! You are the most creative people on the planet. :-D

[/quote]

Thanks and good luck :smile:
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    edited July 2017
    Was it @TreyNutz that recently posted about creating an apocalyptic, burnt out shell of SV using Adventureland where only two families had survived? That was a cool idea. But sounded like lots of work to get the atmosphere before playing. Nope! Sorry that was @Nikkei_Simmer that had that cool story planned.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited July 2017
    @1need4kaffee Yep, that was me. The nuclear holocaust idea. Am in the process of trying to find burnt out shells of houses and buildings. It will be an alternate "Chikamori Legacy" where River and Haruo have to go underground in a bunker before a nuclear war between the different SimNations. But trying to figure out how to make the environment look as though it is irradiated...with maybe patches of green between lots. And the sky has to be completely different; y'know...nuclear winter and all that.

nuclear-winter-1.jpg

Something like this:

Getting it to snow 24/7 is pretty easy with Seasons and set on Winter/Winter/Winter/Winter,

Life is going to suck badly for the sims in this story-line.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer , you might want to check out Lost Cove. Kind of a similar idea, but not with SV.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=532114

I haven't used that world, I have no idea how it plays.
  • Options
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    Emily4331 wrote: »

Did you know there's a TS2-type Pleasantview world for TS3? It's WAY fun!

I did! I have it installed, in fact, and I have a save game where it is all populated and everyone has the correct relationship with each other and everything. :3
  • Options
    @1need4kaffee Yep, that was me. The nuclear holocaust idea. Am in the process of trying to find burnt out shells of houses and buildings. It will be an alternate "Chikamori Legacy" where River and Haruo have to go underground in a bunker before a nuclear war between the different SimNations. But trying to figure out how to make the environment look as though it is irradiated...with maybe patches of green between lots. And the sky has to be completely different; y'know...nuclear winter and all that.

nuclear-winter-1.jpg

Something like this:

Getting it to snow 24/7 is pretty easy with Seasons and set on Winter/Winter/Winter/Winter,

That's a really cool idea!!
    You might want to try to play a while with the empty world with using Ambitions (or whatever EP that has the meteor attack).
  • Options
    @KaikoMikkusu How dare you speak ill of my boy, Thornton, you monster! :tongue:

baoPtIL.jpg
    He is a god among men! :lol::lol:
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member

nuclear-winter-1.jpg

Something like this:

I did something similar to this, but with meteors (a natural disaster) in the town of Adventureland! I had to remove tons of trees and replace them with dead ones. I took several of the houses and tore them up, so that the insides were exposed to the elements. I also placed tons of wrecked cars and wrecked pick-up trucks (from PETS - thanks to a mod that unlocks them) all over town. I also set the weather to a constant winter so survivors have to scrounge for food... or try growing it in a basement.

Using a mod - I also took a school bus, re-colored it all rusty and (using Moveobjects on) sank it up to the top of the tires in a pond (just for added effects). :wink:

It was alot of work but it was worth it. Unfortunately, I didn't get around to play it, because my EP's got lock out. I got them back now, but I'm still wary and it'll be awhile before I trust it not happening again.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    @KaikoMikkusu Wow, when I wrote that joke I really didn't expect to receive an autobiography, but here we are. :tongue: I was just teasing you. I know your style already, friend. :wink: