Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Confirmed -The Sims 4 - Coming to CONSOLE - Confirmed for Gamescom 2017

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    I hope they throw in the official holiday set
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,616 Member
    As long as the console edition is an addition and not in any way, shape or form, usurping the PC edition, I'm all for it. I don't do consoles, for one, and I afforded that gaming rig, for another. Not looking to change…
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    This is so rubbish !! No expansion pack announcement but yet again something so foolish! :# To announce !!

We know there's an EP coming, probably in November -- after the catastrophe that was the early announcement of GT I don't think we're going to hear anything about the EP until September or October.

This is a totally different product -- different developers. Likely a lot more limited than the PC game unless consoles have developed the capacity to install CC and mods. Might be good for potential players who don't have control of the family PC (teens and such, with parents who don't want their computer loaded down with "fluff" when it's supposed to be for work/study). I'm surprised -- I didn't think we'd see Sims 4 on console but I'm fine with it.

I am not sure it will be a totally different product. Maybe a different dev house has done the port, but I suspect the essential code base to be the same. An XBox One is pretty much just a PC.

I was thinking more that any work done "in-house" is being done by a different group of developers rather than the ones that work on content for the PC version, so it's not like we're going to be delayed getting content due to the new console version. That's what I meant by "different developers". :)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    What features does it have compared to base game
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    CrueltivityCrueltivity Posts: 161 Member
    I hope it flops so they can focus on the PC version
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I hope it flops so they can focus on the PC version

Its a port, a new non EA team are working on porting it. It will not effect the pc development.Google the company porting it.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited July 2017
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Someone said it best, "Strike while the iron is cold".

Not that it was ever really hot to begin with..

That suggests the iron was never hot with The Sims 2, since they both sold the same (6 million).
    I'm sure the Sims 4 has easily sold a million since March 2016.

The iron won't be cold if they are going to allow pre-orders when Pets is announced too.

When the base game price consistently goes on sale, and has even reached as low as 10-15 dollars numerous times, I would hope there would be more sales! That was never the case with TS2. I also don't recall TS2's release causing a huge controversy amongst the franchise's player base, and gamers in general, either. TS2 was always MASSIVELY praised for being a huge improvement over the first game.

So, no, the iron was never really hot at all. Warm, perhaps? Kind of? Slightly?

Now, TS4 has been out for almost 3 years. Why release a console port three years after the release of the PC game? That's Bethesda levels of thinking, without the massive following of Skyrim to actually have it pull through. :lol:

The Sims 4 going on sale alongside all other AAA games is fairly normal.
    The Sims 4 went on sale for $10 - $15 for the very basic of versions in it's third year.

"That was never the case with The Sims 2" uh, buddy. The Sims 2 was reduced to $10 in in sales (not even the standard base game, The Holiday Party Pack which included Christmas + Santa NPC etc) before it had even reached 2 years old :grimace: And that was on Amazon.

Why are we talking about initial reception when we're talking about striking while the iron is hot? Do you know what it means? It means making the most when something is popular. The Sims 4 was 1 million off outselling The Sims 2' PC sales over a year ago as acknowledged by SimGuruNinja. Feelings of the game aside, that's a great amount of players who have bought the game, and that's definitely another peak in the franchise's popularity. So what better time than to start working on a console platform (assuming they spent a year - 18 months on this).

"Why release a console port 3 years after the release of the PC game?" Well it will be past 3 years when it actually comes out, and perhaps Q4 2017 is when they predict the Sims 4 to have it's first slowdown, considering they say every quarter sales continue to grow.

The Sims 1 had it's console release after 3 years, because they allowed the PC game to thrive (they actually started working on URBZ first, then came back to TS1) and was so successful they made a remake/sequel of it less than a year later. It looks to me that The Sims 4 did really well, so rather than expect a drop in sales the following year, (The Sims 4 topped the PC chart in it's second year while The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 had fallen) they waited longer for it to drop and then decided to work on the console variant.

I mean, they aren't going to overshadow the PC game if it's still selling strong, nor would they need to boost sales if it was, but they also aren't going to worry about making a console version if The Sims 4 was selling average.

I imagine this news also means they are sticking with The Sims 4 for longer. There's no way that The Sims 4 is coming to console later this year, for them to announce The Sims 5 next year (normal 4 year cycle). And they wouldn't stick to a game longer than usual if the 'iron wasn't hot' as you say.

So all of this pretty much shows my confusion as to why "striking while the iron is cold" makes no sense, when it is literally growing more players than The Sims 2, for example, did. And the iron was always hot then, apparently "popularity" wise.

Did you read the link you provided? A third party shop was selling it discounted for a flash sale. EA themselves *consistently* discounts it, and very often, all the way down to $10 dollars through Origin. The Sims 4 is just always going for a discount. In fact, only *three* months after its release date, The Sims 4 was discounted by 50%. That's unusual, and does not happen frequently with 'AAA' games.

We are talking initial reception, because I had said in my original post that the iron was never hot, and especially isn't today. TS4 essentially rode (and continues) to ride off of the success of the former versions, and takes advantage of rather large sales to obtain its sales numbers. That's how SimCity '13 did well, sales-wise. Of course, like SimCity '13, it did not receive well amongst fans. Things improved once they started to patch the basic functionality of Sims games. But you are rather quick to put feelings of the game aside to talk numbers, which, you know, works out very well in the gaming industry (check if EA's hiring :lol: ).

I think your logic may be incorrect though. The Sims 1 console was released in 2003, the same year they announced The Sims 2, AND showed gameplay at GC 2003. There's a possibility, regardless of this news.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,970 Member
    Be funny if the console version had terraforming tools lol.
    Yeah I can see the backlash if that was to happen. :D

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    wait, this is coming for CONSOLE - Nintendo switch?!!?? pls say yes people
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Cool! I know a lot of people who liked previous console versions, and some who play on PC now who started on console. Glad to see that the game is doing well enough to support more than just one way of playing it. Maybe some of the players who have been trying/failing/struggling to play on homework-level laptops will have access now. An LED TV and a console is cheaper than a gaming laptop for people who need a laptop for school, and a lot of those people might already have the TV if not the console.

I see this just as the opposite, this pretty much screams DESPERATION after 3 years. Looks like a quick port to sell more and more DLC, such a good plan

Or perhaps it's a marketing strategy to earn more profit and not actually indicative of the game's success or desperation?
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Cool! I know a lot of people who liked previous console versions, and some who play on PC now who started on console. Glad to see that the game is doing well enough to support more than just one way of playing it. Maybe some of the players who have been trying/failing/struggling to play on homework-level laptops will have access now. An LED TV and a console is cheaper than a gaming laptop for people who need a laptop for school, and a lot of those people might already have the TV if not the console.

I thought the sims 4 was designed to run on a toaster, doesn't this kind of defeat the purpose of that?

Not everyone has a computer or a toaster :'(
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    I'm rather excited about this, although I am wondering if they'll also be releasing the packs as DLC?
  • Options
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    I'm rather excited about this, although I am wondering if they'll also be releasing the packs as DLC?

Me too!
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Someone said it best, "Strike while the iron is cold".

Not that it was ever really hot to begin with..

That suggests the iron was never hot with The Sims 2, since they both sold the same (6 million).
    I'm sure the Sims 4 has easily sold a million since March 2016.

The iron won't be cold if they are going to allow pre-orders when Pets is announced too.

When the base game price consistently goes on sale, and has even reached as low as 10-15 dollars numerous times, I would hope there would be more sales! That was never the case with TS2. I also don't recall TS2's release causing a huge controversy amongst the franchise's player base, and gamers in general, either. TS2 was always MASSIVELY praised for being a huge improvement over the first game.

So, no, the iron was never really hot at all. Warm, perhaps? Kind of? Slightly?

Now, TS4 has been out for almost 3 years. Why release a console port three years after the release of the PC game? That's Bethesda levels of thinking, without the massive following of Skyrim to actually have it pull through. :lol:

The Sims 4 going on sale alongside all other AAA games is fairly normal.
    The Sims 4 went on sale for $10 - $15 for the very basic of versions in it's third year.

"That was never the case with The Sims 2" uh, buddy. The Sims 2 was reduced to $10 in in sales (not even the standard base game, The Holiday Party Pack which included Christmas + Santa NPC etc) before it had even reached 2 years old :grimace: And that was on Amazon.

Why are we talking about initial reception when we're talking about striking while the iron is hot? Do you know what it means? It means making the most when something is popular. The Sims 4 was 1 million off outselling The Sims 2' PC sales over a year ago as acknowledged by SimGuruNinja. Feelings of the game aside, that's a great amount of players who have bought the game, and that's definitely another peak in the franchise's popularity. So what better time than to start working on a console platform (assuming they spent a year - 18 months on this).

"Why release a console port 3 years after the release of the PC game?" Well it will be past 3 years when it actually comes out, and perhaps Q4 2017 is when they predict the Sims 4 to have it's first slowdown, considering they say every quarter sales continue to grow.

The Sims 1 had it's console release after 3 years, because they allowed the PC game to thrive (they actually started working on URBZ first, then came back to TS1) and was so successful they made a remake/sequel of it less than a year later. It looks to me that The Sims 4 did really well, so rather than expect a drop in sales the following year, (The Sims 4 topped the PC chart in it's second year while The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 had fallen) they waited longer for it to drop and then decided to work on the console variant.

I mean, they aren't going to overshadow the PC game if it's still selling strong, nor would they need to boost sales if it was, but they also aren't going to worry about making a console version if The Sims 4 was selling average.

I imagine this news also means they are sticking with The Sims 4 for longer. There's no way that The Sims 4 is coming to console later this year, for them to announce The Sims 5 next year (normal 4 year cycle). And they wouldn't stick to a game longer than usual if the 'iron wasn't hot' as you say.

So all of this pretty much shows my confusion as to why "striking while the iron is cold" makes no sense, when it is literally growing more players than The Sims 2, for example, did. And the iron was always hot then, apparently "popularity" wise.
    The Sims 4 was discounted by 50%. That's unusual, and does not happen frequently with 'AAA' games.

It was a holiday season, do you expect EA to not put their largest title of the time on sale?
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    That's good for those who have consoles but im gonna stick to pc :)
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I am really happy, its such a good game and im over the moon that console payers will get the chance to experience it!!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I really am over the moon, its so impressive that they are able to take such a unique game like the sims 4 and port it over to consoles. Its such a good game and its so much fun to play. Im really happy console players will be able to experience it. Sorry ifi sound sad i just love TS4 and im happy. I only have a desktop and a console so for me and my bf its perfect, we can both play the game we love at the same time as we dont have the money for a laptop or new pc as we got our first house.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    It's official sports fans. Sims 4 coming to both Xbox One and PS4 this November, [ Confirmed!].
  • Options
    Now we get all dlc on console i no longer need a pc. or a desk! So much space free for a fancy new furniture set for my bedroom!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Wait, so it is coming with DLC: Do you have to buy the DLC seperatly, or is it included at no extra free?

And if no extra free, will it stay that way, or will you have to buy future DLCs seperatly?
    Mafia Stats

• Options
    edited July 2017
    FloppyFish wrote: »
    Wait, so it is coming with DLC: Do you have to buy the DLC seperatly, or is it included at no extra free?

And if no extra free, will it stay that way, or will you have to buy future DLCs seperatly?

The official statement makes it sound like yes you can BUY the pc dlc for console. The new consoles can handle it so i hope so. Im praying you can!! That statement gives the impression you can.
  • Options
    Le0HeartLe0Heart Posts: 154 Member
    This is so rubbish !! No expansion pack announcement but yet again something so foolish! :# To announce !!

I'm sorry but I politely disagree. Many people don't have access to high tech computers where you are able to run the game without any lag. So having the sims fully fleshed on console is great for the community because it brings more attention to the sims which means more packs and also sims 5. Also I'm sure it's a completely different team that is working on computer EPs. Like I understand why you're upset cause I want a EP too but this is great news for me and everyone else who doesn't wanna play the sims 4 on low settings and lag or who can't afford to buy a high tech pc
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Le0Heart wrote: »

I'm sorry but I politely disagree. Many people don't have access to high tech computers where you are able to run the game without any lag. So having the sims fully fleshed on console is great for the community because it brings more attention to the sims which means more packs and also sims 5. Also I'm sure it's a completely different team that is working on computer EPs. Like I understand why you're upset cause I want a EP too but this is great news for me and everyone else who doesn't wanna play the sims 4 on low settings and lag or who can't afford to buy a high tech pc

This ^ I have looked into the team porting the game onto console and they have ported games to ps4 in the past like the bioshock collection. The console game, as i understand, will have no effect on the development of the pc game as its just a port.
  • Options
    I hope they throw in the official holiday set

Yes!! I need my Christmas tree especially as its coming out in November around that time. I know for a fact im buying the game.
  • Options
    I read the blog, you probably have to buy the DLC seperately, cause if you pre-order console version now, you get Perfect Patio code free.
    Mafia Stats