Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why I Think Pre-Teens Wouldn't be Fun

Comments

• Options
    navaninavani Posts: 86 Member
    What people need to understand is that the idea of ​​preteens, or rather tweenagers, is not aggregate in terms of gameplay. If they do, even better. But the idea of ​​tweenagers is to fill the gap that exists today in the game. Because teens who exist today in TS4 represent young people aged 16 to 18 years. What about young people between the ages of 11 and 15? Do not cling to the term preteen. What we want is to remove this limb in which a child jumps directly into adulthood. Because this is what happens today. Note that in the previous games of the franchise, where the adolescents were smaller, leaner and with less mature features, there was never this discussion. The problem is that the TS4 teens were rushed. Parenthood solved the behavioral problem, but those spines that can be added in CAS do not solve the physical aspects. About this thing that tweenagers do not do anything that a child or adolescent does not do, what is the behavioral difference between an adult and a young adult in the game? None. Even the elderly are a third adult stage. The only difference is that older women do not get pregnant. That, too, should be corrected. It does not matter that in real life, children and adolescents can do ballet, karate and other activities. This is a game. And specifically in the game, you have to create some exclusive activities. Just as they could create chess championships for the elderly. Do you understand? These are not exclusive activities for seniors in real life, but this is important to the game.
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    edited August 2017
    Pre Teens would be unnecessary period, lol.

I mean, people wanting the stage just to build up skills?? Turn aging off. And start when they're toddlers. One of my child sims was able to master the logic skill (after it mastered the child version of the logic skill, I forgot what it was).
    If you raise them right and allow them to master their skills starting at the toddler life stage, by the time they're young adults, they should be set.

Teens don't look like teens?? Then maybe we should ask the devs to fix the teens instead of implementing a new stage??

I also don't understand what gap there is between teenagers and children. Before I was a young adult like I am irl I was a teenager. Before that I was a child. Sure I was also a pre-teen, but I was still treated like a child and looked at like a child.

I am a die hard against pre-teens person. It honestly gets really tiring to open up the speculation and rumors forum, and see like four posts by the same person begging for pre Teens. Really??

And the reason why me and other people are going to be nasty about it is because when some of these players want something, they won't stop whining about it. Me, like everybody else, also want things from the devs and are starved of content, but we're mostly pushed to the side because we have players asking for unnecessary life stages like preteens and older babies (???), and the same two expansion packs that the sims franchise has been providing for us since day one.

Honestly, if the devs are being extremely slow in releasing content and fixing bugs, why, after it took them two years (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) to release toddlers, would they release preteens?

Thank you OP for making this thread. It's about time we had somebody make a list of why pre Teens are not a good idea.

EDIT: whoops I completely forgot I commented on this thread already...
    Post edited by ElenPink on
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Options
    BuildingGoddessBuildingGoddess Posts: 14 New Member
    You know what I want? Elder's stuff.
    I loved Generations' walking sticks, and old people being able to show photos of their grandkids. I really think Elders have been shunted to one side to make room for the younger generations in Sims 4.

And god- what would pre-teens bring to the game? A different height, and I can't think of much else. They're too young to build a romance, get a teen job, or go through a rebellious stage. And they're too old to play with dolls and toys like a child does.

I think people forget how LONG it takes to make a new life stage with its own CAS options and features. Simmers demand this, and demand that, but forget that the animation takes a while to develop. Pre-Teens isn't worth the time. They're a transition period in a kid's life, and not much else. It's just that awkward stage.
    Really though, what would they add? I'd like some evidence that what they bring to the game is worth it. I'd personally be very unimpressed if they brought a pre-teen thing before they added University, Seasons, or something to do with Elders.
  • Options
    FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    I agree completely
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,600 Member
    I have a question for the OP how can you say you don't like the life stage when you never play them?
    See for me I want to have them in the game because the big part is we never had this lifestage in game on PC. I personally want to see how they will be in game and what the devs will come up with I think it will be fun well...at least for me.
  • Options
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I have a question for the OP how can you say you don't like the life stage when you never play them?
    See for me I want to have them in the game because the big part is we never had this lifestage in game on PC. I personally want to see how they will be in game and what the devs will come up with I think it will be fun well...at least for me.

I don't like the idea of the life stage. There is almost nothing that a preteen could do that a child or teen can't do. All of these resources to make preteens and in return you get a new height and another birthday per sim. That is it.
    Mafia Stats

• Options
    FloppyFish wrote: »

I don't like the idea of the life stage. There is almost nothing that a preteen could do that a child or teen can't do. All of these resources to make preteens and in return you get a new height and another birthday per sim. That is it.

So you don't like idea of a pre-teen well in my opinion to me your opinion sounds like you have little faith of what the devs can do. They probably have/had a plan for this life stage. No one knows what the devs have planned and what's in store *although I wish I did :p* expect when "leaks" get out or they announce it themselves.
  • Options
    I have little faith in what the developers could do with preteens. All of the new "gameplay" for them could easily be added to another lifestage, It is not the developers fault, it is the preteens.
    Mafia Stats

• Options
    edited August 2017
    I have little faith in what the developers could do with preteens. All of the new "gameplay" for them could easily be added to another lifestage, It is not the developers fault, it is the preteens.

How is it the Preteens fault when we never had Pre-teens? :D
  • Options
    I meant that I don't have little faith in the developers in making preteens fun because they don't produce good content. I meant that I have little faith in them producing fun, unique preteens because preteens are no different than children and teens in terms of gameplay that could be added to them.
    Mafia Stats

• Options
    I meant that I don't have little faith in the developers in making preteens fun because they don't produce good content. I meant that I have little faith in them producing fun, unique preteens because preteens are no different than children and teens in terms of gameplay that could be added to them.

Yeah but that's the thing they may have something to make them different like special Traits, aspirations, wants we don't know really but I'm just talking I really don't know either but I'm hopeful.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited August 2017
    lol this reminds me of a song
    this is the song that never ends it goes on and on my friends some people started singing it not knowing what it was
    and they just kept on singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends it goes on my friends
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    this is the song that never ends it goes on and on my friends some people started singing it not knowing what it was
    and just on singing forever just because this is the song that never ends it goes on my friends

I hate you why would you do this why :D
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    and just on singing forever just because this is the song that never ends it goes on my friends

I hate you why would you do this why :D

lol >:)
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    navaninavani Posts: 86 Member
    If the developers corrected the height, body, and features of teens, I would not even think about preteens. But honestly, despite the difficulties in creating a new stage of life, I find it more likely that they add preteens / tweenagers than to modify the current teenagers. Because it would be laborious too. They would have to play in various animations, like hugs, and create new clothes. It would also make people who like teenagers disgusted. It is a fact that I personally want to see one of two things: either the correction of the adolescents or a new phase that ranges from 11 to 15 years.
  • Options
    BuildingGoddessBuildingGoddess Posts: 14 New Member
    If anything, I would ask that the developers find a way to create a height slider to go alongside the muscle and weight slides. The teens already have a different body type, ANYONE could notice that when you age a child to teen on CAS, they start off having little to no curves, and females have very flat busts. You have to alter it to make them curvy. That's the look of a prepubescent teen. They usually all start off like that.
    People still haven't said anything that could convince me that pre-teens are a good idea. New 'special traits' would make no sense for them. You'd have them for ONE stage and then any relevance to the pre-teen age would be gone. Toddlers have a special trait because they don't possess the features of a child+. Why should pre-teens get a special trait they'll lose after anyway?

Once again though. We've had a Kids pack, we're getting a Toddler pack. I want an Elders pack. I'm always sad when I have so much to do with my Sims until they reach Elder status, where I just retire them and don't play them because they can't do anything.
  • Options
    We will likely never get a height slider. While it would be amazing, how would it work? You would need to animate things like hugs, sitting, etc. with all of the 100+ heights.
    Mafia Stats

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited August 2017

What people need to understand is that the idea of ​​preteens, or rather tweenagers, is not aggregate in terms of gameplay. If they do, even better. But the idea of ​​tweenagers is to fill the gap that exists today in the game. Because teens who exist today in TS4 represent young people aged 16 to 18 years. What about young people between the ages of 11 and 15? Do not cling to the term preteen. What we want is to remove this limb in which a child jumps directly into adulthood. Because this is what happens today. Note that in the previous games of the franchise, where the adolescents were smaller, leaner and with less mature features, there was never this discussion. The problem is that the TS4 teens were rushed. Parenthood solved the behavioral problem, but those spines that can be added in CAS do not solve the physical aspects. About this thing that tweenagers do not do anything that a child or adolescent does not do, what is the behavioral difference between an adult and a young adult in the game? None. Even the elderly are a third adult stage. The only difference is that older women do not get pregnant. That, too, should be corrected. It does not matter that in real life, children and adolescents can do ballet, karate and other activities. This is a game. And specifically in the game, you have to create some exclusive activities. Just as they could create chess championships for the elderly. Do you understand? These are not exclusive activities for seniors in real life, but this is important to the game.

Agreed
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options

Yes it would be interesting to see what they would be like.

As much as I want them to fix the face and height issue for me I want to have fun with them.

• Options

Why do people worry so much about the resources?
    So now some fans worry it costs too much to bring another lifestage or lifestate?
    Again we have no idea what could be added to them if they ever did them

I would pay for them.

• Options
    marcel21 wrote: »

So now some fans worry it costs too much to bring another lifestage or lifestate?

I would pay for them.

If we had the option to pay for them I would so than people will have the option to have them in game or not.
  • Options
    marcel21 wrote: »

I would pay for them.

If we had the option to pay for them I would so than people will have the option to have them in game or not.

agree

• Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    We will likely never get a height slider. While it would be amazing, how would it work? You would need to animate things like hugs, sitting, etc. with all of the 100+ heights.

Not a slider, but some height presets would definitely be possible, even if there would be only 3 for each life stage, one taller than average, the other one average, and then another, smaller than average. It would still take some time to do all the different animations, but much less than it would be with a slider. Nonetheless, they should only work on things like this when they almost finished development of TS4.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    Never gonna happen, though i wish it could
    Mafia Stats

• Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    You can't say never... really even if it doesn't happen in the next ten years it could happen. I would love three different heights for each life stage. If we do get a sims 5 I would like to see a baby, toddler, child, young teen, teen, young adult, adult, and elder with two to three options for height. Sims with unique traits that really shape their personalities which in turn affects their wishes/wants or fears. Sims would have turn ons/offs which would also shape who they are and who they want to be with. One can always dream.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24