Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Edit town option on main menu

I don't know about any of you, but whenever I try to enter my town I hate going to my active household first and then press the edit town button from there. They shouldn't only put the edit town option on your active household menu, they should also put it on the main menu incase if I'd rather edit my town first instead of playing with my active household right away. This is so the process of changing active households isn't as complicated. Like when I first started the sims 3, it took at least a few days until I realized that you can change active households and not have just one family per neighbourhood due to the fact that I pressed new game every time instead of going to the other family.

I did hear quite a few complaints about this as well and I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that there is not an edit town option on the main menu. I just want to make it less confusing, that's all.

Keep in mind this is only a suggestion and I am not keeping my hopes up high for this at all, for those who disagree with this.

Comments

• Options
    CaonCaon Posts: 74 Member
    edited August 2009
    THIS

The Sims 3 was built for people who played legacy games, with ones household. This leaves the rest of us to either play Legacy households, turn off story progression or have countless neighbourhoods on the main menu. The least they could do is just make it easier to switch between houses.
  • Options
    Sgizzle09Sgizzle09 Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited August 2009
    I don't know about any of you, but whenever I try to enter my town I hate going to my active household first and then press the edit town button from there. They shouldn't only put the edit town option on your active household menu, they should also put it on the main menu incase if I'd rather edit my town first instead of playing with my active household right away. This is so the process of changing active households isn't as complicated. Like when I first started the sims 3, it took at least a few days until I realized that you can change active households and not have just one family per neighbourhood due to the fact that I pressed new game every time instead of going to the other family.

I did hear quite a few complaints about this as well and I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that there is not an edit town option on the main menu. I just want to make it less confusing, that's all.
    On the MAIN MENU screen where you choose your saved family that you want to play- below the pictures is a little ... thing like in play mode and if you click it, it should have the option to edit town...Or maybe not since you have to choose which town you want to be in first...I guess that does make sense...You have to choose what town first and then edit it..
  • Options
    robbyamrobbyam Posts: 607 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I support this idea entirely. It was so much easier on the Sims2 to just choose a town, then choose a household. Plus, if you just save a bunch of files for each family, then the neighborhood would be different for each one. Can we please get an OPTIONAL (in case anyone likes this way better) patch updating the game to do this? Tons of people would appreciate it.
  • Options
    Corymorrison1993Corymorrison1993 Posts: 161 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Sgizzle09 wrote:

On the MAIN MENU screen where you choose your saved family that you want to play- below the pictures is a little ... thing like in play mode and if you click it, it should have the option to edit town...Or maybe not since you have to choose which town you want to be in first...I guess that does make sense...You have to choose what town first and then edit it..

All I see under the family screens is copy town and delete town, I don't see anything else. And yes, for quite a long time I have realized that you can edit town on live mode but what I was saying was that you should be able to edit your town from the main menu instead of always going straight to your house. Thanks for the little support though!!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Caon wrote:
    THIS

The Sims 3 was built for people who played legacy games, with ones household. This leaves the rest of us to either play Legacy households, turn off story progression or have countless neighbourhoods on the main menu. The least they could do is just make it easier to switch between houses.

Just because there's story progression that doesn't mean it's impossible to put my idea in. Although yes I do also think that they should maybe have a change active household button on the live mode menu and not just on the town menu.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    robbyam wrote:
    I support this idea entirely. It was so much easier on the Sims2 to just choose a town, then choose a household. Plus, if you just save a bunch of files for each family, then the neighborhood would be different for each one. Can we please get an OPTIONAL (in case anyone likes this way better) patch updating the game to do this? Tons of people would appreciate it.

Yes, it should at least be optional for sure!! Thanks for the support.