Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm back after a long break and running into issues already

JessicaBPlyrJessicaBPlyr Posts: 70 Member
So I haven't played in over a year (I know, I know). I've taken breaks before, but this has been the longest. Anyway, I have saved downloads and Lot catalogue on a flash drive since the beginning. Some CC I've had for 7-8 years already. They are my tried and true downloads. I have never had an issue with them effecting my game negatively or crashing my game, and I really can't see playing without them. But now, when I'm in buy/build mode and I start scrolling through certain categories, it crashes at the same point each time. For example, Say I'm in the Décor/wall hangings category, I can click the arrow to see more of the category until I get to the end. My game crashes after the third click every single time at the same exact spot. Its the same in the Bush's and Window categories in build mode. Well sometimes it crashes and I get the little box saying it crashed, but sometimes the game just freezes and I have to restart my computer.
I know its something in my CC that's causing this, I just don't know which CC is doing it, or how to locate the bad CC. I've already used Clean installer and gotten rid of all Mods, empty files, and anything else that was highlighted. It helped a little but I'm still having the issue. Does anyone have any ideas that I could try?

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited July 2017
    Here are a couple of things that come to mind that you could try.

You could start up a new game save, and see if there are any issues there, this will be just to make sure your old game save didn't get corrupted for some reason.

Another would be you could do the 50/50 test. What you do is pull out everything, mods, CC, and then put back in half of what you got. Run the game and see if you are still having an issue. If you don't, then put in another half of what you haven't put in, and test it again. Now if for some reason in one of those groups you find a problem, you will then know which group the issue is in. After that it will just be a matter of just finding the one (or more) that could be the cause of the problem. I've had to do this a time or to, and it did take up some considerable time, but I was able to find out which one was causing the problem.