Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Keatons - a werewolf legacy

EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
Once upon a time there were two brothers. The older begrudged the younger his bride and attacked him in a fit of jealousy. And when the younger brother fell and didn't stand up again, the older drank his blood. He and his descendants got cursed for this act and are said to still prowl the night as vampires.

Now the younger brother had been a ranger and friend of the forest creatures. After his death, the wolves fed on his sucked-dry husk, so that he'd run with their pack forever. The wolfpack and all their descendants, it is said, got blessed for this act.

Though I can tell you from experience that for all practical purposes the "blessing" works no different from a curse...

...at least game-mechanic-wise.

I created a werewolf sim using the vampire GP and this thread will chronicle his adventures.
I'm not playing the legacy challenge, I just use the term because it rolls better off the tongue than "The Keaton generational gameplay".

- All installments in the second post, will bump this thread whenever a new chapter is added. -

tumblr_oryq4tQrg41t1fm14o1_1280.jpg

Before we start, let me dropp off some gameplay information:

Name: Mark Keaton
Aspiration: City native
Represents desire to defend territory (the aspiration gives a bonus moodlet when in home neighborhood, this works everywhere, not just in San Myshuno). I took this aspiration for the bonus trait, in actual gameplay I switch back and forth to farm for those points.
Traits:
Bro - playful, energetic, but not too sophisticated
Insider - natural pack animal
Neat - ruled by unquestioned instincts and as pack animal adheres to strict pecking order
Also letting rubbish rot is a waste of good food and might attract larger predators

Powers & Weaknesses:

Reveal personality - It's all in the smell and the body language. Humans are an open book to Mark.
Eternally welcome - Who would turn away a cute puppy?!
Spontaneaus hissing - Rrrr!
Vampiric Strength - Being a born predator justifies at least level 1
Child of the moon - Naturally nocturnal creature
Restless sleep - Always alert
Daywalker -
Werewolves aren't harmed by the sun, so the requirement to stay indoors before getting this power might be explained as an allergy to pollutants, sensitive eyes, social anxiety and so on. Or maybe your starter werewolf broke a law and must hide for some time. He could even be a convict that has to wear an electronic manacle that confines him to his home lot.
In Mark's case I decided to just gloss over this drawback and pretend it doesn't exist. He hunts each night, so it stands to reason that he'd sleep through a good portion of the day.
Unnatural Speed - Faster on four paws
Undead aura - Humans easily become nervous around the supernatural
Influence emotions - Be it puppy charme or dominance gestures, a wolf's body language is versatile and efficient
Garlic immunity - Got this late, as strong smells aren't pleasant and my wolf had to overcome his aversion to it first

Post edited by EnkiSchmidt on

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2017
    San Myshuno, city of dreams - and tears. The place where I was rejected for a job interview because of my "excessive nightlife".
    When the moon is full, I turn into a wolf. Not the hairy, upright hybrid form that I can assume at will, but the full deal: fur, four paws, senses heightened even more than usual, animal instincts taking over fully, waggly tail...
    It's not fair. Other employees get roaringly drunk at the weekends and as long as they show up somewhat coherent come monday, nobody cares. Me, I'm hosed because there's a chance I'll have a stray patch of racoon fur between my teeth in the morning.
    I should get a nightjob, but the night is when I hunt. And because that is so, I sleep through half of the day. That rules out both a day- and a nightjob.

Continued here:
    Generation One: Finding a mate
    Generation One: Apartment Life
    Generation Two
  • Options
    damagedlostbrokendamagedlostbroken Posts: 293 Member
    Wow, I love the Keaton Legacy!! It's so creative!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Generation One is online now. I'm still adding to that album.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Updated "Generation One".
  • Options
    Finished Generation One with 12 more pictures, album is complete now.

I didn't plan to end the first generation on such a gritty note, but the combination of Undead Aura, Uncontrolled hissing and extremely nosie sensitive apartment neighbors is brutal.
  • Options
    Lol, here I was thinking I had created something original. But the whole gallery is full of werewolves made on a vampire base.

Nevermind, updated for Generation 2's teenage years in post 2.