Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I didn't like how the gameplay features were grouped in the survey.

So, I just took the survey and I wish they hadn't grouped things together. My ideal pack would be:

hamper
clothes line
wash tub
well pump/water well
canning/preserving

and maybe the off the grid lot trait.

I get that they grouped things together for a cohesive theme, but it feels limiting. Does anyone else want parts from different groups?

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    It's a stuff pack, not a game pack or EP.

With laundry, you will get a washer and dryer. And a PITA.

• Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    I can't really see releasing anything laundry related without a washer and dryer.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    AflutterAflutter Posts: 139 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    It's a stuff pack, not a game pack or EP.

With laundry, you will get a washer and dryer. And a PITA.

I'm aware it's a stuff pack, but the survey has multiple features in each group. https://www.thesims.com/news/vote-gameplay-features?sf57238235=1
  • Options
    starcrunch wrote: »
    I can't really see releasing anything laundry related without a washer and dryer.

Me, either - this was just a list of what I personally would want, based on the survey that was posted today.
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    Aflutter wrote: »

Me, either - this was just a list of what I personally would want, based on the survey that was posted today.

I personally agree with your choices, but the forum riots... I shudder to think of them!
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    Aflutter wrote: »

I personally agree with your choices, but the forum riots... I shudder to think of them!

Forum riots? Do you really think so? That's part of why I started this thread - I wanted to see other people's opinions and things they would want if the survey hadn't grouped things together the way that they had.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited June 2017
    That Is way too much content grouped together for a stuff pack. Believe me, I'd like to have it all too.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    That Is way too much content grouped together for a stuff pack. Believe me, I'd like to have it all too.

You mean the list I made? It's on par with the survey groups. You can take a look here: https://simsvip.com/2017/06/23/sims-4-cast-vote-round-4/
  • Options
    SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    We explored various ways that we could present this vote, and ultimately settled on grouping features, as you pointed out. We were trying to find a good way to let people mix and match a bit more, but ultimately the logistics of it would have resulted in a muddled set of winners, that didn't really represent your top choices. This is because when we curated these groups, we're doing so with the knowledge of how much development time each feature is estimated to take, and using that knowledge to determine if each group of features is something we're confident we can deliver within the schedule of a Stuff Pack.

I can't share the specific data we use, because it gets into business topics that I can't divulge. That said, I'm hoping to write a post sometime after the winner is declared that gives you all a detailed look at how we determine these things when building a pack, using percentages instead of specific numbers.
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    I assumed as well, that we would be voting on individual gameplay options, not groups of features.
    But. . . You know what they say about assumed. :p