Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vote for Eco Friendly Stuff Pack

Check out the blog and click the link for the gameplay feature of the Eco Friendly Stuff Pack! There are some very interesting ideas.

https://www.thesims.com/news/vote-gameplay-features?sf57238235=1
Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
Twitch: ForgottenAmber
Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
#BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam

Comments

• Options
    Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    I know I am going to get a lot of hate, but I chose Laundry. I get that I can do Laundry in real life, but I can also eat, poop, watch t.v, play video games, troll the forums (No pun intended), and etc in real life too. It's not a forced thing and as someone who's been wading the pool of new features I finally get a chance to choose something I really want. I can see so many opportunities story-wise whether it's grounding, chores, etc. Not only that, but I'd rather see the home grow with piles rather than just empty plates and cups. To me at least it's more realism and it's just something I've always wanted to experience in Sims 3 though never had the chance.
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    Sorry. I want food options for my Sims. I want more ways to prepare food, more varieties of food, and more ways to store food. My Sims eat better than me. I doubt it'd win though. It seems there are a ton of people who want laundry :/
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    edited June 2017
    Why would you get hate @Dayvon64?! There is a whole petition for it! However my fear is that even those who signed up for laundry won't for it..
    *bites nails*
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I too, want laundry, in it's own pack. Laundry is NOT eco friendly. Laundry in an eco friendly pack would be so limited that people would be very disappointed. I want a pack just for laundry and nothing else. I want a Laundromat so my single sims cam meet while doing their laundry. All the cool laundry feature people want, will not be in an eco friendly pack with a bunch of other eco stuff.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    You shouldn't get hate for voting laundry. I voted for off the grid because it would be something different and it would make my game a bit more challenging. I wasn't a fan of laundry in the sims 3 and it became a pain in the backside in the game, very much like real life laundry!

I do think laundry will win.
  • Options
    @Dannydanbo My concern is that we won't get anything more than a stuff pack for laundry. And a laundry stuff pack won't have any more gameplay or CAS features than this one.
  • Options
    mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    I put my vote in today. I want laundry, but the other things sound interesting too.

However, I can't justify my budget putting out $10 for one thing in a pack. The items would work better together in an EP, and justify the cost of the pack.
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I voted laundry and have wanted it back for a long time, but it was not an easy choice! I love the other ideas and know I'll be happy with whatever we get.

For those wondering why laundry I can tell you I felt the same way back in TS2 and 3 before it was added. I would go into threads and moan about "why? oh why?" LOL. I found that I loved it once it was added though. I can't really explain but it just fit and when 4 came along and didn't have it I was a little sad. I really hope we can get it back. I will never judge anyone who doesn't want it though because I was one of you back when.

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited June 2017
    Recycling? Laundry? This all sounds so exciting! :D
    But no, really. I'm happy that all you folks who wanted this are getting it. I just can't wrap my head around it myself :s
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    Dunno why people don't want more food options. Has nobody picked food like me?? I figured it wouldn't win.
  • Options
    mmertormmertor Posts: 186 Member
    I voted for laundry but the food stuff looked really interesting as well. I hope they put either one or another in an EP later on.
  • Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    I really liked the food one and the off the grid one. I ended up choosing the latter bc I felt it had more to offer but Ik laundry will probably will win, which is totally okay bc it does sound cool too, but I do wish they hadn't grouped things together and instead told us to choose x amount of features that interested us so that we could get a variety of features rather than just a load of features that are all related, if that makes sense, like having the ability to preserve food and have a water pump at the same time. But I can understand if that would be too much for a stuff pack.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    tobumon wrote: »
    Dunno why people don't want more food options. Has nobody picked food like me?? I figured it wouldn't win.

@tobumon I thought I'd pick laundry at first. I like more food options too. Once I read about the canning and nectar options, I chose that. I loved nectar making (and I loved the mods for nectar) in TS3. I also enjoyed the canning station. I feel as if laundry could be added to a future GP or EP, like w/ Ambitions. I loved all of the options and hopefully we'll get everything in the future. Laundry will most likely win, and I'm happy with that too because I used it often when playing w/ my TS3 families.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    @Dannydanbo My concern is that we won't get anything more than a stuff pack for laundry. And a laundry stuff pack won't have any more gameplay or CAS features than this one.

The difference is that a stuff pack dedicated to just laundry, won't have other stuff taking up space. It will all be laundry stuff. Whereas, in the eco living pack, we already know there will be a lot of furniture and clothes that wouldn't be needed in a laundry pack. So, in the eco laundry stuff pack, you will be getting less laundry with fewer options than if it were in it's own dedicated pack. I know a lot of people want laundry, so do I. But I think people thought that they weren't going to get a laundry pack so some decided to shove it into an eco friendly pack, and it will suffer for it.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

The difference is that a stuff pack dedicated to just laundry, won't have other stuff taking up space. It will all be laundry stuff. Whereas, in the eco living pack, we already know there will be a lot of furniture and clothes that wouldn't be needed in a laundry pack. So, in the eco laundry stuff pack, you will be getting less laundry with fewer options than if it were in it's own dedicated pack. I know a lot of people want laundry, so do I. But I think people thought that they weren't going to get a laundry pack so some decided to shove it into an eco friendly pack, and it will suffer for it.

Could you clarify? What do you mean more laundry stuff? There is always only one or two gameplay features in a SP. So a SP for laundry would always only have laundry. The eco living theme dictated the clothing and deco styles. That's it.

Are you referring to more laundry specific build mode objects?
    Post edited by JayandMeeka on
  • Options
    PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    I chose the food one. Canning station for grandma. Nectar making for grandpa. My elder sims need more stuff to do.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    tobumon wrote: »

We've gotten SOOOO much food options through the course of sims 4. Popcorn, ice-cream, restaurants, day of the dead food, cultural foods etc. Seriously, I am a foodie and I LOVE all the food love, but I want something new.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    I thought I'd choose laundry because I do miss doing laundry (in the sims obviously) but after reading the options I went with canning and nectar making. Canning sounds new and nectar making was always popular.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Okay how do you think laundry is a big enough subject to warrant its own pack?

It DOES fit the eco friendly theme because it'll add clothes lines and wash bins too.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I want all the things! I wish they could just combine the choices into one pack.
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    I want all the things! I wish they could just combine the choices into one pack.

I agree! This was the hardest vote for me by far!

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    Why would you get hate @Dayvon64?! There is a whole petition for it! However my fear is that even those who signed up for laundry won't for it..
    *bites nails*

I just see that a lot of people are already saying "Why do we need Laundry, I can just do that in real life". It's not a very good argument considering everything you can do already do that you can do in real life. "We want pets", just go and buy one in real life then. "We want seasons", just go outside in real life. Heck the majority of stuff on the list is things you can already go out and do.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I originally wanted this pack to be about off the grid, but the canning and nectar looked too good to pass on so I voted that. I have a lot of gardeners in my game. I want them to benefit from it.
  • Options
    mookie1981mookie1981 Posts: 189 Member
    I do like the laundry, and if it won I would be completely okay with it. I chose the food for the preserves. So if either of the two win I would be fine.
    2vmcal4.jpg
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Haven't voted yet but that's only because the first three options are all really good imo and I haven't managed to decide quite yet. . .
    6riwm5.png