Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Installing Houses Question?

butterfly61butterfly61 Posts: 1,921 Member
I am trying to install houses that are just a Sims2pack File, not the self installing ones. Where should I put them if I have the Sims 2 Collection that was offered by Origin? Thanks so much for any help.

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    HI :)

What self installing ones? How did you install them before?

I use the Clean installer- http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/
    If you want to use the game installer and don't have it as the preferred way then right click on the package file ->open with-
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\CSBin - Packageinstaller.exe
  • Options
    Well since I posted this I discovered the installer I was missing, so I have tried installing a few houses and they still won't show up. I have forgotten a lot about this game so I have been searching the internet, my son fixed the resolution so it looks better, I have figured out hair, but these houses just will not install. Thanks for the ideas :) I will just keep trying.
  • Options
    I have but so far no luck, I am getting other cc to show up just not houses for some reason. I love your Legacy Island btw :)
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Where did you get the house file? As far as I know there is no way to get houses as anything but the files that install via the game's installer or a third party one like the Clean Installer. Maybe if we see where you got it from we can see if there was anything else there that can shed light on how to install it.
  • Options
    I had some houses saved from years ago, I thought maybe they had been corrupted so I downloaded a new one from TSR, and it also won't install. I have thought about doing a total uninstall of everything and deleting everything and reinstalling? I have tried to repair the game so I don't know really what is wrong. I am going to try the clean installer and keep trying.
  • Options
    Can you post a link to the one on TSR that you've tried?
  • Options
    Looked at it and it is a .sims2pack. Those files you double click to install via whatever program you have as the default installer for those file types. If you don't have a third party installer like Clean Installer, it's the game's own installer.

Stupid question, but sometimes we all forget the stupid stuff: have you tried double clicking on the file?
  • Options
    No it's not a dumb question, been years since I played! I reinstalled the clean installer, I will double click and it will install the house but it just isn't in the house bin. I don't know if it matters but this is the free version given out by Origin. I have the discs I could reinstall. Do you think it makes a difference?
  • Options
    Btw thanks to both of you for trying to help.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    No it's not a dumb question, been years since I played! I reinstalled the clean installer, I will double click and it will install the house but it just isn't in the house bin. I don't know if it matters but this is the free version given out by Origin. I have the discs I could reinstall. Do you think it makes a difference?

Nope doesn't matter. Lots work with the UC. Chances are the lots might be stuck in the teleport folder. Follow the instructions here and see if it helps.

http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?topic=4645.0
  • Options
    @JULES1111 it worked! Thanks so much for the help and thanks to Seera1024 and Rflong7 for the ideas.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Awesome! You are most welcome. Glad you got your lot working. If you have any other issues don't be afraid to ask. :)
  • Options
    I appreciate this community being so helpful, it's great.