Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

question about reshade?

okay I tried looking up and so far im just confused on what to do. All I want to know is how I can get lower settings on depth of field? I want to use it in pictures but it just makes the back ground to blurry, i just want it to be settled. could anyone help me out?
giphy.gif

Comments

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    @GrijzePilion could probably help you.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    Definitely. There's two relevant parameters here:
    1. DOF_FARBLURCURVE, which determines how far something must be away for the camera to be blurred. The higher this value, the closer you'll have to be to an object in the foreground for the background to blur.
    2. DOF_BLURRADIUS, which determines an absolute maximum distance a pixel can be blurred over. Does not scale with screen resolutions, so if you sometimes play in a higher resolution, like I do, the blur effect will be smaller.
    Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Ah okay thank you!
    giphy.gif

• Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Definitely. There's two relevant parameters here:
    1. DOF_FARBLURCURVE, which determines how far something must be away for the camera to be blurred. The higher this value, the closer you'll have to be to an object in the foreground for the background to blur.
    2. DOF_BLURRADIUS, which determines an absolute maximum distance a pixel can be blurred over. Does not scale with screen resolutions, so if you sometimes play in a higher resolution, like I do, the blur effect will be smaller.

Now the problem is i can't seem to find that. I only have 2.0 so when i go to settings all i see is user, user interface, and depth settings but those two aren't under any of them.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    edited June 2017
    Now the problem is i can't seem to find that. I only have 2.0 so when i go to settings all i see is user, user interface, and depth settings but those two aren't under any of them.
    I'm on 2.0 too.
    You're in the wrong tab. You need to be in the SHADERS/SHADER SETTINGS tab. You're in the PROFILE SETTINGS tab.
    Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • Options
    AsunaSama10AsunaSama10 Posts: 30 New Member
    I like shaders on the Sims 3, IDK why