Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions about installing TS3 on my SSD

I have my first SSD in my computer and I seem to be having some problems.

I installed TS4 first and didn't think about putting it on the SSD so it's in the regular place. When I installed TS3 I put it on the D drive. One of my problems is this.....when I click on the D drive I see Game, Game Data, Support and Thumbnails. The actual TS3 folder is, as usual, in my documents with all the regular files. This is where I put my mods folder and the game isn't recognizing them. It's not recognizing cheats either.

Help? What do I need to do?

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Your SSD is C drive. Your HDD is D drive. You want the sims 3 on C drive on the SSD.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Now I feel really stupid. I just took for granted that the C drive was the same as always. :p
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    LOL!!!! They always put the ssd on C drive to boot windows and other programs quicker. You have a 500 gb ssd so you should have no problem running the sims 3 and 4 on that :D
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I'm off to uninstall and reinstall.