Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chicken Coop

xPaxionxPaxion Posts: 1,119 Member
Could we have a chicken coop for The Sims 4?

country_living_1.JPG

Comments

• Options
    laazygnomelaazygnome Posts: 255 Member
    I sure hope so and other farm animals too.
  • Options
    kat_is_lostkat_is_lost Posts: 36 Member
    That would be so fun, and if you could build the coop as well. And that the chickens could move away from coop and not be stuck to it like Sims 3.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Building your own coop takes a lot more space for programing in a pack as does chickens that can wander around your lot. With them tied to a coop, as in S3, you still get all the same interactions as you would if they weren't tied to a coop. However, I would like more than one size. Maybe a small coop for one or two chickens like a kids school project and the one like in S3 and one that is much bigger, maybe your sim goes into it and rabbet holes the eggs and comes back out when done.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Building your own coop takes a lot more space for programing in a pack as does chickens that can wander around your lot. With them tied to a coop, as in S3, you still get all the same interactions as you would if they weren't tied to a coop. However, I would like more than one size. Maybe a small coop for one or two chickens like a kids school project and the one like in S3 and one that is much bigger, maybe your sim goes into it and rabbet holes the eggs and comes back out when done.

You could always make them walk around a set path, like an animation of them walking, eating, walking, eating, etc... not actually freeroam.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    xPaxion wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

You could always make them walk around a set path, like an animation of them walking, eating, walking, eating, etc... not actually freeroam.

As you can see in the picture you posted, some chickens walk around outside the coop and when chickens are hatched they come out to be played with.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    On Twitter @SimGuruGraham had a chicken coop listed on the brainstormed feature options of the Eco Living pack. Hopefully that idea sticks and makes it to the vote.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    On Twitter @SimGuruGraham had a chicken coop listed on the brainstormed feature options of the Eco Living pack. Hopefully that idea sticks and makes it to the vote.

I'd be over the moon with a Farming expansion pack.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    I think farming could be a game pack if they didn't add big, complicated animals like horses and instead had a chicken coop, beekeeping, new crops, a farming career, etc.
  • Options
    blugar44blugar44 Posts: 229 Member
    I'm pretty confident this time around they'll add a farming game pack -- cows, pigs, sheep and chickens tied to an object, mechanisms for large scale gardening (sprinklers, plowing, tractors), new crops and objects for making artisanal products like cheese, wine, jams etc, and a small rural world like Forgotten Hollow with a Farmer's Market community lot that functions a bit like the Flea Market in City Living. That's all we need devs :O
  • Options
    blugar44 wrote: »
    I'm pretty confident this time around they'll add a farming game pack -- cows, pigs, sheep and chickens tied to an object, mechanisms for large scale gardening (sprinklers, plowing, tractors), new crops and objects for making artisanal products like cheese, wine, jams etc, and a small rural world like Forgotten Hollow with a Farmer's Market community lot that functions a bit like the Flea Market in City Living. That's all we need devs :O

You've pretty much summed up my thoughts on the farming pack. I think anything that has to do with farming and laundry can be taken off Graham's list and the rest could be contenders for the eco pack like the solar, wind and water stuff.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    > @ChadSims2 said:
    > On Twitter @SimGuruGraham had a chicken coop listed on the brainstormed feature options of the Eco Living pack. Hopefully that idea sticks and makes it to the vote.

I hope so too. If bee keeping makes it, I'll vote for that, but chicken coop will be next on my list.

@xPaxion :
    I wish we knew that farming pack will happen, because that would affect on my voting for eco stuff pack. Bees and chicken would fit the farming pack just as well.

I'm using CC stuff for farming. I've got a bee box at the moment. Haha.
  • Options
    I think farming could be a game pack if they didn't add big, complicated animals like horses and instead had a chicken coop, beekeeping, new crops, a farming career, etc.

Yeah I would be happy with extra crops like, tomatoes, grapes, wheat, corn, rice, etc.... I don't care if we don't get animals. I'd be happy with and trees. Little stuff like chicken coop, beebox, and maybe rabbits. I'm with you on this one.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I'm getting bored/creeped out by the cowplant. I just built a little farm at the Bluffs, and decided, let's try growing a cowplant. Kind of want real cows, pigs, chickens, and Goats

and some new crops pumpkin, wheat, corn for starters.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I'm getting bored/creeped out by the cowplant. I just built a little farm at the Bluffs, and decided, let's try growing a cowplant. Kind of want real cows, pigs, chickens, and Goats

and some new crops pumpkin, wheat, corn for starters.

Yeah the cowplant is a stupid gimmick. Sorry but I don't like stuff like that.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    I liked the chicken coop. I bought it near the end of Sims 3 but my game wouldn't behave so I didn't get to use it much. I've wanted farming in Sims 4 ever since the beginning of the game. But I'd like more in chickens with a proper farming pack! I'd like to be able to have different breeds of chickens, and for them to be able to have a bit bigger of a range than the coop had. Maybe two coop sizes: backyard size and farm size. And I'd like to be able to sell eggs at the end of my farm lane or at a farmers' market, and to be able to go from just a couple of chickens to lots of chickens - some scaling.

Honestly, mostly I want adorable fluffy heritage chicken breeds. I really like chickens.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I liked the chicken coop. I bought it near the end of Sims 3 but my game wouldn't behave so I didn't get to use it much. I've wanted farming in Sims 4 ever since the beginning of the game. But I'd like more in chickens with a proper farming pack! I'd like to be able to have different breeds of chickens, and for them to be able to have a bit bigger of a range than the coop had. Maybe two coop sizes: backyard size and farm size. And I'd like to be able to sell eggs at the end of my farm lane or at a farmers' market, and to be able to go from just a couple of chickens to lots of chickens - some scaling.

Honestly, mostly I want adorable fluffy heritage chicken breeds. I really like chickens.

You've described the reasons why I'm relearning Blender and getting back into modding The Sims. I'll make farming stuff for decorate at first.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I really want my chickens back, I love the farming in TS4. Crossing my fingers it will come back maybe next year!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    LadyLilySophiaLadyLilySophia Posts: 121 Member
    I would love a farming pack! It would give more options for making money outside of having regular jobs.