Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Absence of Facial Feature Trait is too much

The lack of an open-mouth template (or slider) is glaring. This is a very common and yet very distinctive trait, so much so that its lacking in the Sims 4 (and all previous games) is unreasonable and painfully obvious. It makes gameplay difficult and irritating. With the template-system used in the Sims 4, I would think it would be much easier to incorporate an open-mouth option into the game than in previous Sims games.

This common and distinctive facial feature being totally absent from the game has been extremely frustrating, and continues to be frustrating; I have often gone through bouts of not playing the game or not purchasing new games due to this frustration. I am nearing my end with patience in this matter, as I don't see the point in purchasing more Sims games when I can't even make over half of the real people in my life as well as fictional characters I admire in the game. I would imagine that there are many people who feel similarly, seeing as this trait is very common and not really work-around-able.

Please see my post regarding this trait in the Ideas Corner http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/919493/please-add-open-mouth-template

Comments

• Options
    FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    i don't mean to sound insensitive. but you might just be getting a tad bit dramatic with this one
  • Options
    AFeazyAFeazy Posts: 91 Member
    @Falynios
    Falynios wrote: »
    i don't mean to sound insensitive. but you might just be getting a tad bit dramatic with this one

I am not intending to be dramatic, I am just trying to make it clear that this isn't a work-around-able issue. Many other things you can make-do with when it comes to making people on the Sims, and I do that all the time; heck, I try to make creatures and monsters not even present in the game, and just make-do with what's there. The issue here is that if the person you are trying to make has the lifted upper lip - especially if it's pronounced - it simply will never look like them. That is like not having eyes with eyefolds in the game - if that was lacking, it simply would never look right if trying to make someone with that trait, despite lots of people having that trait. Thankfully they included many different variants of eyefolds. However, they didn't include an open-mouth shape, which, while not as common as eyefolds, is just as distinctive and still relatively common, enough that in any given cluster of people there's usually going to be at least one person with it.

I'm not even mad. It's more confusing to me than anything else. They have so many much more subtle features that they include in the game, but a common and distinctive trait is not present. In previous incarnations of the Sims, I figured it was too hard to do. With the templates, it seems like it would be relatively easy. ...Maybe not, I don't design games. But in case it is and they are somehow overlooking the trait, I thought it necessary to try to point out that it is wanted.

I have asperger's/nonverbal communication disorder, and am shy, so I don't really post anything unless it is somehow really basically ruining gameplay and I think many others may also feel similarly. In 5 years I've only made 11 threads and 90 posts on here. = )
    When re-reading my post I realized it could be read with an angry or spastic voice, but the voice in my head when writing it was calm. = ) But I don't know how to portray that in writing. Oh well. = )
  • Options
    princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    AFeazy wrote: »

I have asperger's

• Options
    FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    > @AFeazy said:
    >
    > I have asperger's/nonverbal communication disorder, and am shy, so I don't really post anything unless it is somehow really basically ruining gameplay and I think many others may also feel similarly. In 5 years I've only made 11 threads and 90 posts on here. = )
    > When re-reading my post I realized it could be read with an angry or spastic voice, but the voice in my head when writing it was calm. = ) But I don't know how to portray that in writing. Oh well. = )

No worries. It did read calmly. I didn't think it was aggressive at all, just dramatic
    I hope they implement this feature you desire, OP :)
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member

I have asperger's

Awesome. Glad you admit to it. Not a good enough reason to pick on the OP though.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    kremesch73 wrote: »

I have asperger's

Awesome. Glad you admit to it. Not a good enough reason to pick on the OP though.
    why would i pick on him for it if i also have the same condition? boo, go hide in a hole you mean troll >:c
  • Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member

I have asperger's

why would i pick on him for it if i also have the same condition? boo, go hide in a hole you mean troll >:c

Why would that be the only thing that you quote, then? Out of all that response said THAT was what you chose to quote!

I have a very mild form of it and look -it doesn't make me exempt from making fun of people!
    You seem like a jerk.
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member

I have asperger's

@princess_kaguya Maybe you should have added something like "me too" Kremesh's not a troll in my previous experience of his posts. You might have upset the OP though as she/he hasn't replied to you.

@AFeazy I also would like more specialized facial features but think it would be a bit expensive to implement. I remember in Sims 3 that some flower items cost a lot as they were difficult to make. One can always hope though.
  • Options

I have asperger's

Why would that be the only thing that you quote, then? Out of all that response said THAT was what you chose to quote!

I have a very mild form of it and look -it doesn't make me exempt from making fun of people!
    You seem like a jerk.

wow. step down dude.
    i just reported you for insulting and being ableist.
  • Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member

I have asperger's

You seem like a jerk.

wow. step down dude.

And I'll report you for harassing me on my profile. :kissing_heart:
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member

I have asperger's

You seem like a jerk.

wow. step down dude.

What on earth is an "ableist"? What a horrible term. You are wasting the moderator's time, in my opinion, by reporting people when you were the one in the wrong in the first place and placing your opinion of @PrincessSaturn on the Activity pages.
  • Options
    JennyggJennygg Posts: 1,574 Member
    Ableist means discrimination or prejudice against individuals with disabilities
    hC6F85532