Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Im not buying another pack until...

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I was just thinking the other day that my sims could use more stuff and activities for outdoors. Playground equipment comes to mind. Just things to do outside besides put the basketball goal (which is still glitched if your sim has the active trait) and the GIANT pirate ship for kids, and the HUGE water slide. Some little things they can do that you can only put outdoors. Is that too much to ask?
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I was just thinking the other day that my sims could use more stuff and activities for outdoors. Playground equipment comes to mind. Just things to do outside besides put the basketball goal (which is still glitched if your sim has the active trait) and the GIANT pirate ship for kids, and the HUGE water slide. Some little things they can do that you can only put outdoors. Is that too much to ask?

I would love it if the upcoming fitness pack had some 'small' fitness items like say a jumprope. The same animations could even be used for kids, making it possible for kids to increase their fitness as well.
    Or something like a small set of weights.

You know, the kind of fitness items that a sim could use even in a small apartment if they wanted to.
  • Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

That would be nice. I actually have a thread for requests for more play/toy objects for kids. I want more outdoor play equipment and also, just some beloved childhood games, for example, hopscotch. We had hopscotch in the sims 2 and we need it now.
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    edited June 2017
    i probably won't buy the fitness SP right away. That will only be the second I haven't gotten fairly quickly. I'm waiting for more information about what's next to decide if I'll buy or not. I enjoy owning it all too. There's not a until x, y or z comes for me it's will I use it and do I like what I see? Instead I'm spoiling my bestie with SPs she's wanted but can't afford for her bday month. ;)
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,970 Member
    edited June 2017
    i probably won't buy the fitness SP right away. That will only be the second I haven't gotten fairly quickly. I'm waiting for more information about what's next to decide if I'll buy or not. I enjoy owning it all too. There's not a until x, y or z comes for me it's will I use it and do I like what I see? Instead I'm spoiling my bestie with SPs she's wanted but can't afford for her bday month. ;)
    If they do bring out the Fitness SP, I hope they put in a weight gauge like the one in Sims 2 which showed where your Sim stood in regard to fitness.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    If the fitness pack is just gym equipment im definitely not buying it. I dont care for pets so i won't be buying that either. There's a good chance there won't be anything im interested in, until sometime next year.
    Post edited by BrownGamerGurl1 on
  • Options
    angelchromeangelchrome Posts: 421 Member
    Finish the sentence. What is something you are holding out for? Personally, Im not buying one more thing until I get more fun activities and hobbies.
    ...maybe never? Seasons would be a yes but I have no idea if it will happen.
    Fitness SP = :frowning: - I'm trying to keep an open mind.
    Pets = :frowning: - This one would really have to wow me. I have zero interest in pets.

Yeah, im not really interested in pets. I couldn't care less if it were only cats & dogs vs more animals. I think cats and dogs are the most popular pets anyway, so whats so wrong with it only being those two. But hey, i'd rather stay out of the pets drama.

I want more game packs or expansion packs that expand on hobbies/interests and fun @angelchrome . I doubt that sims 4 will go without having seasons. It will probably be next year, but Im sure it will come.

Thing is, I can see a lot of activities they could add to Pets (based on toddlers and Parenthood additions) but as stated you and I are not about Pets ;)
    Seasons opens the door for many sporty activities.
    And you mentioned pools. No version of TS has used pools to their potential. For something that takes up so much space they are really nothing more than eye candy. I imagine it's animation, time, and budget intensive to add pool activities.
    It's sad because they've made toddlers and children better than the previous games (IMO) and I can only imagine what they could accomplish with pools if given the task.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Finish the sentence. What is something you are holding out for? Personally, Im not buying one more thing until I get more fun activities and hobbies.
    ...maybe never? Seasons would be a yes but I have no idea if it will happen.
    Fitness SP = :frowning: - I'm trying to keep an open mind.
    Pets = :frowning: - This one would really have to wow me. I have zero interest in pets.

Yeah, im not really interested in pets. I couldn't care less if it were only cats & dogs vs more animals. I think cats and dogs are the most popular pets anyway, so whats so wrong with it only being those two. But hey, i'd rather stay out of the pets drama.

I want more game packs or expansion packs that expand on hobbies/interests and fun @angelchrome . I doubt that sims 4 will go without having seasons. It will probably be next year, but Im sure it will come.

Thing is, I can see a lot of activities they could add to Pets (based on toddlers and Parenthood additions) but as stated you and I are not about Pets ;)
    Seasons opens the door for many sporty activities.
    And you mentioned pools. No version of TS has used pools to their potential. For something that takes up so much space they are really nothing more than eye candy. I imagine it's animation, time, and budget intensive to add pool activities.
    It's sad because they've made toddlers and children better than the previous games (IMO) and I can only imagine what they could accomplish with pools if given the task.

Well, i think they are going to. Simgurugraham mentioned a pool pack and said something about potential expansion of pool stuff and activities . So that is encouraging. Being able to go to the backyard and play in the pool would be amazing.In addition to a few more hobbies/past times and play equipment for kids @angelchrome
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    edited June 2017
    There is a sale, currently I'm waiting for bundle #5 to go on sale so I can get parenthood. I'd probably only pay for a Season EP at regular price.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I didn't buy this pack for the simple reason that I new it was not going to deliver on what most people wanted and that was activities for the whole sim family. It mostly deals with social actions for teens and that is what I think the GP is geared to. I really don't care about playing with the teens they are not that much fun but I suspected that is what they game was about. I think they just wanted t shut us up about teens.
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    The Fitness Pack is released... :D

Agreed I want to have more workout activities that my adult Sims can do naked. They already workout on the machines naked, naked pushups, naked sit-ups, but what about naked jump rope, naked pull ups (not the diapers), naked squats. We need more naked fitness activities!
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    edited June 2017
    Deleted! :)
    Post edited by DegrassiGen on
  • Options
    candy8 wrote: »
    I didn't buy this pack for the simple reason that I new it was not going to deliver on what most people wanted and that was activities for the whole sim family. It mostly deals with social actions for teens and that is what I think the GP is geared to. I really don't care about playing with the teens they are not that much fun but I suspected that is what they game was about. I think they just wanted t shut us up about teens.

Let me correct you, 'they weren't that much fun', they ARE a lot more fun now, now that parenthood has come out.
  • Options
    liliaeth wrote: »
    candy8 wrote: »

Let me correct you, 'they weren't that much fun', they ARE a lot more fun now, now that parenthood has come out.

I agree that the parenthood pack is really fun. I enjoy what it did for family play. But I do still get tired of playing families. And it would be nice to have more entertainment and gameplay options for all types of players :/
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    So far I've bought all three EPs (two on sale), all GPs except Vampires (not my play style) and 5 stuff packs (there are going to be waaay too many of them for me to need or want them all). So I won't buy anything that comes out, at least not at release, and I don't know yet if I'm going to be interested in the fitness SP. So we'll see.

My highest wants, that I'm guaranteed to buy:
    - seasons and weather
    - university or something that focuses on higher education and more careers
    - at least two more vacation destinations
    - hotel venue type that you can visit and own
    - pets
    - farming
    - anything with houseboats in it :love:
  • Options
    thekey23thekey23 Posts: 37 Member
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    hmm i'm not buying another pack untillll...hopefully another "life-fleshing" like pack or maaaybe seasons (depends on how it looks). I'd jump for joy for a love/wedding pack or some sort of ancestry pack that would also enhance legacies and diverse family lines. A major one would defiantly be a school pack (that would go from pre-k to highschool) that would compliment a future university. I'm still crossing my fingers for a toddler stuff pack too lol.

Eh if it's not one of those, I'll happily pass it lol.

I've been waiting for a school pack that allows you to follow the kids to school and make decisions all the way from when they are kids to college. No Rabbit holes. that would be awesome to follow kids and teens to school if you want just like you can with certain careers
  • Options
    thekey23 wrote: »
    hmm i'm not buying another pack untillll...hopefully another "life-fleshing" like pack or maaaybe seasons (depends on how it looks). I'd jump for joy for a love/wedding pack or some sort of ancestry pack that would also enhance legacies and diverse family lines. A major one would defiantly be a school pack (that would go from pre-k to highschool) that would compliment a future university. I'm still crossing my fingers for a toddler stuff pack too lol.

I've been waiting for a school pack that allows you to follow the kids to school and make decisions all the way from when they are kids to college. No Rabbit holes. that would be awesome to follow kids and teens to school if you want just like you can with certain careers

I also cosign this. I just downloaded a mom for no school , because right now, school is meaningless. I might as well just keep them home and work on their hobbies and social life . I want daycare for toddlers and non-rabbit hole, school for teens and kids. Also I want grades and school performance to have consequences and benefits B)
  • Options

I also cosign this. I just downloaded a mom for no school , because right now, school is meaningless. I might as well just keep them home and work on their hobbies and social life . I want daycare for toddlers and non-rabbit hole, school for teens and kids. Also I want grades and school performance to have consequences and benefits B)

Grade performance does have benefits already. Kids who had good grades in school start out at a higher level in their careers.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    I'm not buying another pack until the next one is released... :wink:

I see 187 more stuff packs and 2 more game packs with one last expansion in our future so don't worry simmer more packs will be slapped in our faces faster then you can say "I'm tired of needing a loading screen when I just wanted to go to wal-mart" :)

I'm honestly really confused as to why you quoted me and replied that way.
  • Options
    liliaeth wrote: »

Grade performance does have benefits already. Kids who had good grades in school start out at a higher level in their careers.

more benefits.

• Options
    uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    ...the next one!
    That said back to work to make more money to throw at Sims 4
    Just hope whatever they do we don't go back down the path of entertainers on stage for new releases announcements....If they haven't learnt anything else just pray they've learnt from that
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Options
    uo_aaronjd wrote: »
    ...the next one!
    That said back to work to make more money to throw at Sims 4
    Just hope whatever they do we don't go back down the path of entertainers on stage for new releases announcements....If they haven't learnt anything else just pray they've learnt from that

Huh? What entertainers?
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    I'm waiting for a sale! Kind of want parenthood, plus I'm missing half of the stuff packs. Parenthood looks good, I know I'll get it eventually, but I still have lots of content I've not used much yet so I'm happy to wait until a sale. They seem to be fairly frequent at least :).

I wish they would do 'World Packs', probably for the game pack cost but just have a world (a proper world like Windenburg or San Myshuno, not a small one) and nothing else. Would love that.
  • Options
    I'm waiting for a sale! Kind of want parenthood, plus I'm missing half of the stuff packs. Parenthood looks good, I know I'll get it eventually, but I still have lots of content I've not used much yet so I'm happy to wait until a sale. They seem to be fairly frequent at least :).

I wish they would do 'World Packs', probably for the game pack cost but just have a world (a proper world like Windenburg or San Myshuno, not a small one) and nothing else. Would love that.

Either that, or they could give us a 'copy world' tool. Make it so that you can copy any of the sims worlds we've got. So that people would have more lots to build on.