Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Slovakian Retailer Lists The Sims 4: Cats and Dogs Expansion Pack.

rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
EDIT: LISTING HAS BEEN REMOVED

So, according to SimsVIP, a slovakian retailer has listed 'The Sims 4: Cats and Dogs' Expansion Pack, with a release date of November 9th.

gbDD21h.png

http://simsvip.com/2017/06/04/slovakian-retailer-lists-sims-4-pets-pre-order/

Link to the retailer: http://www.brloh.sk/the-sims-4-psi-a-kocky/p131499 (Listing has been removed!)

Thoughts?

The title doesn't seem really deep, and suggest that this pack will ONLY focus on Cats and Dogs, not on Horses and also not on Smaller animals.

Besides that: November freakin' 9! .. taking ages.
Post edited by rudy8292 on

Comments

• Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    So, according to SimsVIP, a slovakian retailer has listed 'The Sims 4: Cats and Dogs' Expansion Pack, with a release date of November 9th.

gbDD21h.png

Link to the retailer: http://www.brloh.sk/the-sims-4-psi-a-kocky/p131499

Thoughts?

The title doesn't seem really deep, and suggest that this pack will ONLY focus on Cats and Dogs, not on Horses and also not on Smaller animals.

The 9th is September not November. Unless I'm reading that backwards.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Simfan923 wrote: »

gbDD21h.png

Thoughts?

Europe is using a different time format.

DD/MM/YY
  • Options

gbDD21h.png

Thoughts?

Europe is using a different time format.

DD/MM/YY

Ah. Well that explains that.

1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

gbDD21h.png

Thoughts?

9th day of 11th month - European date format. It's November.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Well I hoped this pack was at least called 'The Sims 4: Pets'
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Interesting. I did wish it would come out a little earlier than that, and I really hope it has some small animals in addition to cats and dogs. I'm fine with no horses, but if this is an EP and there are only two kinds of animals included I'm really curious what else is in it. It better be good!
  • Options
    I'm wondering what's next though.

Splitting up each season in its own pack? The $$ is real here.
  • Options
    So I'm assuming we're getting another content drought in Q3?
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited June 2017
    That is 5 more months. I was hoping we'll see a new EP in October. I am very happy though.
    Post edited by DoloresGrey on
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    Maybe coming out in November so it is close to Christmas, Selfishly I really only played with the dogs and cats in Pets 3 so I am fine with it only being dogs and cats due to no open worlds. I tried out the other animals but mainly the dogs.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Aw come on now!
  • Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    Word isnt even official yet. Where are they getting this information from?
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Thoughts?

The title doesn't seem really deep, and suggest that this pack will ONLY focus on Cats and Dogs, not on Horses

This should've been obvious. I mean look, opinions are opinions, but I hope we can agree that Sims 4 EPs have been "disappointing" in the sense that even if you personally love them, they consistently miss features of Sims 3 counterparts or simply have less features. Debate of the quality of said features aside, Sims 4 clearly has less of them. Sims 3 had Ambitions with 8 careers, Get To Work had 3. Sims 3 Late Night had an open-world city with apartments (which apparently CAN be edited quite a bit, but it's more of a trick for advanced users rather than one the average user would pick up on) vampires, the celebrity system, the band system, four new skills and one new career, City Living had very limited cityscape and apartments, no life state, no new systems, festivals that recycled base content, one new skill and 3 new careers. As I said, opinions are opinions, but there's a common link where quantity drops.

Horses were the obvious loss here. Horses in Sims 3 relied on you to have a lot with room for a stable and obstacle courses potentially, but Sims 4 lots are much smaller than Sims 3 lots on average. Horses had many of their features tie in directly to the open world aspect of Sims 3, but Sims 4 has no such Open World so horses would be far more restricted. I don't see how they could implement Horses and make them work with Sims 4.
    and also not on Smaller animals.

This is the potentially surprising part. I'll just say now: I won't mind this if Dogs and cats are worth their weight in gold (and I have low expectations), but if we get a small pets GP in the near future then you can expect a complaint from me.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    Thoughts?

The title doesn't seem really deep, and suggest that this pack will ONLY focus on Cats and Dogs, not on Horses

This should've been obvious. I mean look, opinions are opinions, but I hope we can agree that Sims 4 EPs have been "disappointing" in the sense that even if you personally love them, they consistently miss features of Sims 3 counterparts or simply have less features. Debate of the quality of said features aside, Sims 4 clearly has less of them. Sims 3 had Ambitions with 8 careers, Get To Work had 3. Sims 3 Late Night had an open-world city with apartments (which apparently CAN be edited quite a bit, but it's more of a trick for advanced users rather than one the average user would pick up on) vampires, the celebrity system, the band system, four new skills and one new career, City Living had very limited cityscape and apartments, no life state, no new systems, festivals that recycled base content, one new skill and 3 new careers. As I said, opinions are opinions, but there's a common link where quantity drops.

Horses were the obvious loss here. Horses in Sims 3 relied on you to have a lot with room for a stable and obstacle courses potentially, but Sims 4 lots are much smaller than Sims 3 lots on average. Horses had many of their features tie in directly to the open world aspect of Sims 3, but Sims 4 has no such Open World so horses would be far more restricted. I don't see how they could implement Horses and make them work with Sims 4.
    and also not on Smaller animals.

This is the potentially surprising part. I'll just say now: I won't mind this if Dogs and cats are worth their weight in gold (and I have low expectations), but if we get a small pets GP in the near future then you can expect a complaint from me.

I never expected horses to be part of this pack, so personally I am not surprised about that.

I am surprised however about the 'Minor Pets' part such as birds, snakes and all that stuff. Personally I expected them to be in the pack, but from the title it seems they aren't, which is disappointing.
  • Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    This seems possible to be honest. By the time black friday comes up, it's still gonna be very fresh in people's minds, and pets are essentially confirmed to be the next pack.

The name sounds like a placeholder though.
  • Options
    This seems possible to be honest. By the time black friday comes up, it's still gonna be very fresh in people's minds, and pets are essentially confirmed to be the next pack.

The name sounds like a placeholder though.

It could also be a strange mistranslation of sorts, so I wouldn't jump the gun.

Certain languages and cultures are notorious for rewording or renaming products almost entirely. For example I happen to know "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" is "Drei Glorreiche Halunken" in German, which translates as "Three Glorious Scoundrels." No idea if Slovenian has a habit of doing stuff like this though.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Games typically release on Thursdays in Europe, and November 9 is indeed a Thursday. This means the game would come out on Nov 7 in NA, which is the first Tuesday of November, just like last year's City Living's release date. Going by the release date alone it does sound plausible.

If this is true, I'm expecting both September and October to be packless, as the EP will be announced in mid-September most likely and they don't like promoting two packs at the same time. This leaves out July and August to release new packs. Two stuff packs in those months are unlikely, as they'd be releasing three stuff packs in a row (SP11-13). The realistic option would be either one GP + one SP, or just one SP.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Games typically release on Thursdays in Europe, and November 9 is indeed a Thursday. This means the game would come out on Nov 7 in NA, which is the first Tuesday of November, just like last year's City Living's release date. Going by the release date alone it does sound plausible.

If this is true, I'm expecting both September and October to be packless, as the EP will be announced in mid-September most likely and they don't like promoting two packs at the same time. This leaves out July and August to release new packs. Two stuff packs in those months are unlikely, as they'd be releasing three stuff packs in a row (SP11-13). The realistic option would be either one GP + one SP, or just one SP.

Spoiler Alert:
    It's one SP. Let's just not get out hopes up and brace for a drought before people just set themselves up for disappointment. One GP every quarter is absolutely unprecedented.

• Options
    MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    First of all why people are surprised about the pack possibly coming out on November? It's not a surprise they told us last year at CL's release that now on the EP would take a year, we've been warned.

Second of all it's been discussed for a while now in the rumors and speculations' section that they found codes only for cats and dogs, nothing about horses or other animals.

So my thoughts? I don't understand why people are surprise about anything about it, since it's info we already had since a while.
    gCQKjq4.png
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    Well folks there you have it. Another year into making an EP and all they have to show for it is dogs and cats. They could have incorporated horses but instead they settle for mediocre gameplay. Not interested.
  • Options
    Jerrello wrote: »
    Well folks there you have it. Another year into making an EP and all they have to show for it is dogs and cats. They could have incorporated horses but instead they settle for mediocre gameplay. Not interested.

That's also the thing. If the one year wait was justified in terms of quality top notch content, okay, but so far (imo) the EP's have been so lackluster and shallow.

We used to pay 40 dollars/euro's for a Pets EP in the past. It had smaller animals, new world, horses and what not.
    From the title of the pack alone, it seems we have to pay 40 euro's/dollars now again only for cats and dogs?

How is that justified? I honestly don't understand, and I mean it, that people don't see that EA is just squeezing every penny out of this franchise with TS4. They keep splitting up stuff, and they will continue doing so.

The standard is gone.

• Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    hoo hooo i presonally was not expecting horses but no small pets ! no penguin ! no dears ! no Raccoon ! and the rest of small animal !

my theory stand strong they are not giving expansion packs the size they deserve so they can divide them for more gp and sp and that bird feeder is a proof that they are already doing that with pets
    The-Sims-4-Backyard-Stuff-Official-Trailer-0550.jpg

moreover you think they would replace horses with other smaller pets im speaking here about monkeys like maybe a nod for the sims castaway
    Orangutan.jpg
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    dogboy678dogboy678 Posts: 200 Member
    I thought they would release pets in October like last releases
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    MissCherie wrote: »
    First of all why people are surprised about the pack possibly coming out on November? It's not a surprise they told us last year at CL's release that now on the EP would take a year, we've been warned.

That's a very wrong interpretation of taking a year to make an EP. There are many different stages of making an EP and they always make multiple EPs at the same time with different EPs in different stages. Taking a year to to make an EP is not the same thing as releasing one EP per year.

In fact, Pets could be in the works for much longer than a year. Graham told us that they started working on TS3 Pets after finishing TS3 base game in 2009 and it took more than two years to finish it. The same thing could be very true for TS4 too and they've been working on Pets for like two years now.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    dogboy678dogboy678 Posts: 200 Member
    I'm wondering what's next though.

Splitting up each season in its own pack? The $$ is real here.

I'm assumed horses were left out because of the lack of open world and space. And I'm sure we will see small pets in this pack.