Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Complete WA Quest! PLEASE Help!

I finally completed the dragon cave and it tells me to talk to a Sim. Whenever I try to interact with her in any way, the action cancels itself and I can't. There's no obvious reason why I can't talk to her and I'm going nuts here.

I should mention... I got notification that I defeated the mummy as soon as he appeared, but when he actually attacked me, I lost. Does this matter? It said hitting all the floor panels "sealed his spirit" so I'm not sure. I hung around after I was told I could report in to grab a few extra treasures I missed.

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Maybe try resetting the sim you are supposed to report to?

I've done that quest several times and always get the notification that my sim has defeated the mummy before they even fight; that sounds normal to me. I've never had a sim lose to him though.
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    @serabee I get bugs with WA that cause the target sim to cancel the action all the time. Usually there is something buggy in my inventory and no amount of resetting will fix it. My options are to delete it, or to go home and put it in storage and go back on vacation to finish the quest. Special seeds, diplomas, degrees and accomplishment certificates are the usual culprits, but if I can't figure it out I will remove everything but my tent, rations, showers and things I use to explore.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Sometimes when my sim can't interact with another sim, it's my sim that needs to be reset. Other times it's the other sim. I'll reset the other sim first, then if that doesn't work, my own sim. Usually that takes care of the problem.
  • Options
    MirkaKaroliinaMirkaKaroliina Posts: 147 Member
    Reseting the sim would be the first thing I'd do. I once had a problem with one quest so I canceled the whole thing and then picked it up again from the board and this time it worked fine.
    cha cha cha