Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Packing lunches

I just noticed today that if you form a group with your kids (or adults or whole family), you can click the refrigerator and have them make lunches together! Big time-saver, but you have to have enough counter space.

Comments

• Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    That's cool, nice find!
  • Options
    Gloxinia19Gloxinia19 Posts: 7 New Member
    You can also make food and then click the food to make it a sack lunch as well
  • Options
    KeoriKeori Posts: 1,024 Member
    i find my sims when i make the sack lunches an the kids take them to school they dont eat them! anyone else having this small issiue where they dont eat it then they come home an the food is spoiled????
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Keori wrote: »
    i find my sims when i make the sack lunches an the kids take them to school they dont eat them! anyone else having this small issiue where they dont eat it then they come home an the food is spoiled????

They have to have a lower hunger bar. My sims all ate their lunches while at school yesterday and each got a happy moodlet about a homemade meal.

• Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member

If you're filling them up with breakfast before they leave, then they won't get hungry enough to eat the sack lunch. You'll need to either have them skip breakfast or just have them eat something that isn't as filling like cereal.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Wow cool!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    EshnicEshnic Posts: 59 Member
    Thanks for this info guys, I was wondering why none of my sims were eating their packed lunches.
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member

I think the idea partly is to make it so you don't have to spend as much time in the mornings getting them ready (I always did breakfast before this), and it's awesome. Now I only feed them breakfast on days they're in the red before school.

My other favorite part of sack lunches is in conjunction with the GtW careers - finally you can easily send your Sim to work without having to get a plum moodlet for vending machine food if they get (or are) hungry. I love that.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    REDMAVENREDMAVEN Posts: 57 Member
    Given my sims pack their lunches, when they (I) forget and leave them on the counter beyond their freshness threshold, then they get spoiled. However, there doesn't seem to be a cleanup option. Only a "put away". This leads to a fridge of spoiled food.

When my sims lunches spoil, I would like to have an option to throw them away. So that I don't have little stinky brown paper bags all over my sim's kitchen.
  • Options
    joseandchocolatejoseandchocolate Posts: 321 Member
    Oh wow! Thanks
    8d90c06c58195513b2df4fb82cf0ebb5.png
    Check out my YouTube Channel http://bit.ly/2ssq3Gk
    Follow me on Twitter http://bit.ly/2sYEob0
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    REDMAVEN wrote: »
    Given my sims pack their lunches, when they (I) forget and leave them on the counter beyond their freshness threshold, then they get spoiled. However, there doesn't seem to be a cleanup option. Only a "put away". This leads to a fridge of spoiled food.

When my sims lunches spoil, I would like to have an option to throw them away. So that I don't have little stinky brown paper bags all over my sim's kitchen.

Can you grab them with the "hand of God" and drag them to the trashcan?
  • Options
    LetznLetzn Posts: 13 New Member
    I thought that my sims wouldn't eat the lunch in school, i found that strange, but it's cool because even when you eat it manually at home, it will give you a nice happy moodlet!
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I do like the sack lunch option. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    choran929choran929 Posts: 214 Member
    And I just sent my child sim to school with no sack lunch! I am such a bad Sim lord/mother :(
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Something I came across....when I send a sim to work hungry and with a sack lunch, but then the other sims leave the lot and don't return before he gets home, the sack lunch doesn't get eaten and is still in the inventory. When the mom and toddler were home during the day, the dad ate his sack lunch at work....but then I had the mom take the toddler to the playground on a couple of days and they were still there when the dad returned from work and his hunger bar was down in the red and he hadn't eaten the sack lunch....and, yes, he went to work hungry just like on the other days when he normally eats the sack lunch.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member

Can you grab them with the "hand of God" and drag them to the trashcan?

Yes.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited June 2017
    We just need a school now to go with them.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I love this feature so much, I sometimes forget to provide one though.
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member

You can either hand of god those or tell them to unpack them and dispose of the resulting meal. It'd be great if we could just have the Sims throw them out (I never use the hand unless it's absolutely necessary - it's the Sims job to clean up!).
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »
    Something I came across....when I send a sim to work hungry and with a sack lunch, but then the other sims leave the lot and don't return before he gets home, the sack lunch doesn't get eaten and is still in the inventory. When the mom and toddler were home during the day, the dad ate his sack lunch at work....but then I had the mom take the toddler to the playground on a couple of days and they were still there when the dad returned from work and his hunger bar was down in the red and he hadn't eaten the sack lunch....and, yes, he went to work hungry just like on the other days when he normally eats the sack lunch.

Something like that happened to me, too! First I sent my two girls to school hungry, and the mother went to work (there's no-one else in that household). That time they ate their lunches (actually the mother, too, because she also had a bag with her). But the next day the mother stayed home, and visited another lot during the day. The girls didn't eat breakfast, and even though they had those bags with them at school, their hunger bars stayed red all day and they came home hungry. But actually, in my case, the mother was back home by the time the girls got home from school (or, yes, the mother had to travel to another lot with the girls, before I finally got the girls back home after the school day, but that's a whole other bug).
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    REDMAVENREDMAVEN Posts: 57 Member
    starcrunch wrote: »

You can either hand of god those or tell them to unpack them and dispose of the resulting meal. It'd be great if we could just have the Sims throw them out (I never use the hand unless it's absolutely necessary - it's the Sims job to clean up!).
    I feel the same way, I want them to keep house with their own sim-selves. :) It's an extra step to unpack something just to throw it away.