Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Love, London

Comments

• Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Aww, it was so cute to see Salem and Kara! I've got a soft spot for the little one - he's so cute :) and your writing is fantastic!

Thank you, that is so kind of you to say! :) We haven't seen the last of Salem. Or Kara, for that matter. :o
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    I love all these throwback characters...Kara... who's next?
  • Options
    PrincessSimcessPrincessSimcess Posts: 917 Member
    edited July 2017
    MINEZ wrote: »

If I personally had to guess, I'd say maybe Yasmine because she was London's roommate. Or maybe Ming! (Just because I think Ming is cool, haha!)

Edited because apparently I can't spell
    Post edited by PrincessSimcess on
    Lift up your head, princess. If not, the crown falls.
    35532344976_d8721ca725_z_d.jpg

• Options

If I personally had to guess, I'd say maybe Yasmine because she was London's roommate. Or maybe among! (Just because I think Ming is cool, haha!)

You guys will just have to wait and see! ;)
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    KismetRoseKismetRose Posts: 302 Member
    I just caught up on this and can't wait for the next update. That circle time sure was busy and also realistic haha. I've worked in a daycare on breaks from the college and it reminded me of that very much. Also, can't wait to see how she will handle things with her Orla's dad.
  • Options
    KismetRose wrote: »
    I just caught up on this and can't wait for the next update. That circle time sure was busy and also realistic haha. I've worked in a daycare on breaks from the college and it reminded me of that very much. Also, can't wait to see how she will handle things with her Orla's dad.

I'm glad you are looking forward to the next chapter! :) My mom was a kindergarten teacher most of her career, so I tried to draw on that experience. Hopefully London will be able to resolve things amicably with Trevor. :/
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    It's a girl! Introducing Luke and Kara's new baby, Morgana.

06-18-17_10-38-12PM_zpsqhbf1pvt.png

And just so you all know, I am currently on track for Saturday's update.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    Hey what about London and Allegro's ship status ?
  • Options
    I love that name! Super fitting for their baby :)

• Options
    Hey what about London and Allegro's ship status ?

Don't worry, we'll find out more about their relationship soon!
    I love that name! Super fitting for their baby :)

Haha, thanks, I thought so, too! :smiley:
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    KismetRoseKismetRose Posts: 302 Member
    Aw looking forward to seeing baby Morgana <3
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    It's here! Entry 5 Dinner for Two is now available.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    "But love isn’t enough" truer words have never been spoken, Minty.
    Aside from that, what a heartbreaking chapter :( Poor London is at that point in her life where nothing seems to go right

• Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    :o:o:o:o:'(

What a surprise ending
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    "But love isn’t enough" truer words have never been spoken, Minty.
    Aside from that, what a heartbreaking chapter :( Poor London is at that point in her life where nothing seems to go right
    I was actually just reviewing my outline and apart from the ending nothing truly happy happens to London. Or at least, the happiness ends or is tainted in some way. I should work on that, so London doesn't jump off a bridge :D

🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    :o:o:o:o:'(

What a surprise ending

Lots more surprises to come, too!
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Hey guys! Hope you're all having a lovely day. :) Since I only update once a week on Saturdays, I thought it would be fun to create what I'm calling "Bonus Content Wednesdays" (unless someone can think of something a bit snappier :D) Bonus Content Wednesdays will include trivia and behind the scenes stuff about Love, London, screenshots that didn't fit in with the story (bloopers or cute stuff), and I will also answer questions about both the story and myself. Please make sure personal questions don't violate the forums rules. And I won't be revealing any spoilers in questions ;) This week's BCW will probably be larger than normal, as we've got the last 5 chapters to cover. So, without further ado, I present Bonus Content Wednesday!

Entry One:

I imagine Allegro gets a lot of his AllegroFacts by not only reading a lot and generally being inquisitive, but from frequenting websites such as Cracked (Adults Only, please!) This article mentions what Allegro was talking about before London got the call telling her to come back to the palace.

In regards the last picture, it's at an odd angle because I had to take it in buy mode. It was actually already 6 am by the time I took it, so I went into buy mode and changed the "time of day" setting to night, then turned off the grid.

Entry Two:

Here's a picture of Lyndsy chatting with the mail carrier. This didn't make the cut cuz I decided what she's waiting for needs to occur later in the story. Stay tuned to find out what she was waiting for. :)

35719093552_1e3c28479f.jpg

Entry Three:

I thought the younger Calvin was London's father during the Royal Bachelor, but I went into my old save and realized that was not the case. However, out of sheer luck, it turned out the older Calvin, while deceased in that save, is saved uploaded to the gallery. If you allow for CC, he is one of the babies born in my family Teen Mama Family Drama. His mother is Marina.

While we're on the subject on where Sims came from, Lyndsy was a clone of Dina Caliente. The younger Calvin was one of the offspring in one of my many games playing with Catriona and Liam Bennett (also available on the gallery). Antoine is Alexander Goth's son, his mother was the child of a couple randomly generated by the game.

Lyndsy's name is spelled "Lyndsey" in my game, I must have mis-remembered it when describing London's family to Simcess.

Orla was originally named Zora in my game, but I changed to Sora when I remembered there was already a little girl in the neighborhood named Zara. I changed it to Orla for the sake of the story because I thought it was weird for a Hispanic woman and Caucasian man to have a daughter with a Japanese name.

The older Calvin was originally supposed to only be with Antoine. However, Antoine and the younger Calvin are saved in the same household and when I added them, I couldn't bring myself to delete the younger Calvin. I kept them both Calvins as I found it amusing (as someone with a gender neutral name who has so far managed to escape dating someone with the same name).

Dr. Crane was the name of my pediatrician.

The Lost Mine of Ortega was inspired by the Lost Dutchman's Gold Mine.

While Simcess described Adalaide as adopted, I imagined an alternate reality where creating eggs from skin cells was already available to someone as wealthy as Antoine. Hence, when Calvin describes having a second child, he talks about having the egg created from Calvin's DNA.

Entry Four:

Oliver Bernhardt's last name was inspired by Sarah Bernhardt, although this is of no real significance.

In the background of the picture with Zoe, you can see London's cousin's wife Li Na and their daughter Sofia. (London has only met her a couple other times and did not recognize her). They will make an appearance in an upcoming chapter that introduces you to all of the Calientes.

Zoe's Drama: I imagine that not only does Zoe live with Gavin, J (or Jonathon, as I renamed him) and Mitchell, but develops feelings for all three of them, since human often confuse love with proximity. She eventually became pregnant. She ended up having Mitch's child and Gavin and Jason moved out. Gavin is now married to Johnny Zest and has a daughter named Yvette (again, the same way as Adalaide, as Johnny is a famous comedian), and Jonathon is married to Liberty Lee (for now) and they have a son named Jonathon IV.

Lyndsy's car, which she shares with London, is a gold Jeep Cherokee XJ

s-l720-302-620x350.jpg

And in case you missed it before Photobucket cut me off, here is Luke and Kara's baby girl Morgana

35719096672_1768e7d612.jpg

Entry Five:

"Improper footwear" is a phrase my dad actually uses. A lot :/

In order to not have the plumbob appear above London or Allegro's heads, I brought Orla along (Lyndsy was at work). She ate a PB&J sandwich then slept in a bed specially added to the lot. She was very grumpy before I got her to bed. :D

Queen Portia and her husband Stefan were partly inspired by Marie Antoinette

Here's a picture of Orla asleep on the couch back at Lyndsy's townhouse.

35719099792_3ff220cc9a.jpg

Phew! If you made it this far, thanks for sticking with me! Like I said, since I wanted to catch up on all the past entries, this one was extra long. I hope you liked it. Be sure to send in your questions for next week!

Post edited by mintycupcake on
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    Loved it! I share your struggle with a gender-neutral name. I'm sure the day will come when I meet a guy with my name and I'll have to reject him :joy:
    Also, use 'headlineeffects off' to get rid of the plumbobs (not sure if you knew about it - just throwing it out there). It's really helpful!

• Options
    Finally caught up... :'(:'( ...totally unexpected....can't wait for whats next
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Loved it! I share your struggle with a gender-neutral name. I'm sure the day will come when I meet a guy with my name and I'll have to reject him :joy:
    Also, use 'headlineeffects off' to get rid of the plumbobs (not sure if you knew about it - just throwing it out there). It's really helpful!

I met a guy on-line whose first name was the same was mine, and I was like well we can't date and he was like On the contrary, I think that means we're destined to be together. I was just like Ok, buddy :joy:

Ah, I did not know that! Thank you!
    Finally caught up... :'(:'( ...totally unexpected....can't wait for whats next

Sorry @MINEZ!
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Hey guys! I did a guest chapter for @Irishsong's lit The Aria Chronicles

Check it out here!
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Entry 6 - The Way We Used To Be is now available. Please note, this chapter is somewhat lascivious in nature. If you are easily offended by that sort of thing, please skip it. I will be happy to send to a summary instead, just send me a message.

Also, if you or someone you love is being abused, please call 1-800-799-7233 or visit http://www.thehotline.org/ for help.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Someone whose name starts with a "T" needs to be trapped in a doorless room with no food.... >:)
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    Someone whose name starts with a "T" needs to be trapped in a doorless room with no food.... >:)

If only it were that simple! :(
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Welcome to the 2nd week of Bonus Content Wednesday!

Anybody recognize Trevor?

36293347556_45e5741acd.jpg

Now?

36201099821_a3f9751301.jpg

How about now?

36201102411_ee53755b0e.jpg

That's right, Trevor is actually Lucas Munch, all grown up! I decided to change his name after Simcess introduced Luke in her story, and then decided to go all in an change his last name, too.

Trevor's shirt in the chapter is part of a Dan and Phil CC pack (quelle surprise) that can be found here.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻