Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Duh! Professional Game Breaker - don't do this at home, kids!

:D My game has a ton of store content and I run epic life spans, so my games tend to glitch as they get older. Not unexpected. Suddenly the family car is no longer recognized so I can have my teen learn to drive. Delete, replace, repair game. Not that big of a deal. And usually when I get lag it is due to inventory. Like when my inventor blew up the junk yard with his really expensive car on the lot and got over 1000 pieces of scrap at once. So today when my game started stuttering I emptied everyones inventory, deleted some kids stuff now that they were teens and puzzled why it was still stuttering. It was a little better. No matter. Sim on!

Emily needed a special mushroom and pulled up the map to see what her collection helper showed in the way of seeds - not really sure if that covered mushrooms. O......M.......G....... Handy tip. Don't set the collection helper to seeds if you have the Stones Throw Greenhouse in your world. :s:p It lit up like an exploding tomato! Stuttering puzzle solved. ;)

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    I just keep the cars in inventory (my sims mysterious pocket) . I either have the parent or the child ask how to drive and the car will mysteriously come out of inventory. ;) Make sure your teens don't have the flying scooter thing from ITF in their inventory set to use. This will prevent them from learning to drive. Teens can also drive a motorcycle without a license. If your teen or adult has the rebellious trait they will get a good moodlet for riding a motorcycle.

Large inventories both personal and family will slow down the game.

Good to know about the greenhouse :D
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited June 2017
    I have read somewhere on the forums, if you place a lot then turn it to position it, the spawners get duplicated. I'll see if I can find the thread...
    page 2 first post
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    @Odonata68 Yes, I read that as well. Even without turning the greenhouse it spawns a LOT of seeds and I did turn it to face the road. LOL!
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Lol! I placed a small lot with a premade shop in one of my games, and turned it several times because I couldn't make up my mind which way I wanted it to face (there was a road on 3 of the 4 sides). When I sent my sim to the shop, the lot was filled with butterflies! :D