Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Random Legacy Challenge

Anyone knows where can I find a random generator for doing the legacy challenge in the sims 4? Something like this:

http://randomlegacychallengeapp.weebly.com

Currently, I'm using marital controls and number of children using this website, but I would love an app just fot TS4.

Comments

• Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I just use random.org
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited May 2017
    There isn't an app as far as I'm aware there used to be one but it died out a long time ago. I usualu just go to the Mod-the-Sims page for the challenge http://modthesims.info/t/534066 and then use a random number generator for each category when I want to start a random leg challenge.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    ceinwynieceinwynie Posts: 162 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »
    There isn't an app as far as I'm aware there used to be one but it died out a long time ago. I usualu just go to the Mod-the-Sims page for the challenge http://modthesims.info/t/534066 and then use a random number generator for each category when I want to start a random leg challenge.

Thank You, I will do my second generation with these parameters!
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    You're welcome!
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    FleReignFleReign Posts: 55 Member
  • Options
    FleReignFleReign Posts: 55 Member
    Also, if anyone could help me understand the rules for the mod the sims version, I'd be soo grateful o:)
  • Options
    ceinwynieceinwynie Posts: 162 Member
    FleReign wrote: »

This one is for TS3, I wanted one for TS4.

The rules for the mod the sims is all about you have try to reach 10th generation, you can choose aspirations and traits even though I prefer to randomize them too, then you have to follow the rules, for example, to decide what your generation will consist you must roll a dice, I use an app called "irandomizer" in my iPhone and put the values there, so first you must randomize if your sim will be married or not, put a number from 1 to 25, if you rolled 1 for example, then your sim must be a single parent, and so on, you keep randomizing all the parameters:

1 - marital status;
    2 - number of children;
    3 - Carrer;
    4 - Generation goals: here you have a challenge, maybe you'll have to raise the perfect child or collect all the fishes, stuff like that;
    5 - Something fun: you choose if you want to do it or not, I think it's nice to do it.

Well, that's basically what you have to do, you can't use cheats and you must stay at the same lot through the whole legacy. There are some points so when you reach the end of the legacy you see how much points you made, but particularly I don't use it, I just play and randomize stuff because I tend to become bored when I don't have a goal or something different to do, I like to play this challenge because I can explore a lot of features.
    I don't know if this clarify everything you wanted to know, english is not my first language so I'm sorry if something is not explained that well.
    You can find more details when you read the mod of the sims page that was posted above. Feel free to ask anything!
  • Options
    agentoftheothersideagentoftheotherside Posts: 2 New Member
    I apparently haven't been around long enough to post links, but go to simsroller dot com.
  • Options
    RiotLilyRiotLily Posts: 54 Member
    Drat. Another challenge to add to my list. :smile:

> @ceinwynie said:
    > ... I tend to become bored when I don't have a goal or something different to do, I like to play this challenge because I can explore a lot of features.

Same, here.

I see that the challenge is updated through Vampires and Toddlers. Has anyone done an update for Cats & Dogs, yet?
  • Options
    GrandRailGrandRail Posts: 60 Member
    @RiotLily

From here onwards in the comments, there are some users speaking of their own homebrewed rules for use in Cats & Dogs.

I would have said page 19 in the comments, but not everyone has the same posts per page settings...
  • Options
    RiotLilyRiotLily Posts: 54 Member
    @GrandRail - Thanks!
  • Options
    cejaceja Posts: 33 Member
    I use one for sims4 random legacy called simsroller. I am unable to post links but do a search for the word simsroller and you should see it.