Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Complaint's Forum (or really any home for whiners that's not here)

Could we please have complaints/issues/whining/B*tching all on it's own in it's own forum please? I would love to talk about the game but I have to weed through 100000 whiney posts about how there aren't vampires and there isn't this feature or that feature or OMG I CAN'T GIVE MY SIM FFF B*OBS D^MN YOU EA!

First of all: We ALL know what EA's Business Model is like. There are no suprises here. The press releases were extrodinarily clear about what would be involved in the sims 3. You were very duely warned before you purchased the game. Let this be a lesson to you in making informed purchases in the future.

Second of all: All these petiticians and whining. As many have said go install sims 1 or 2 base game only. You'll find much the similar a basic skeleton of a great game to come. Once again do your research and let this be a lesson to you in making informed purchases in the future.

Lastly: If you've given up on the game. GREAT. Give up the ghost entirely please and close your Sims3 Forum account while you're at it. You'll be happier and we'll be happier. Your whining does not make you cool it makes you a whiner.

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    RiverahuntRiverahunt Posts: 138 New Member
    edited June 2009
    So, you're whining about...whining?

Sorry, couldn't resist :wink:
  • Options
    alycecarrollalycecarroll Posts: 305 New Member
    edited June 2009
    A bit acerbic, but you make a good point. Bravo.

I hope they DO make a Complaints Forum.. it would definitely help them separate the fans from the frowny-faces. :)
  • Options
    TabathaMorteTabathaMorte Posts: 311 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Riverahunt wrote:
    So, you're whining about...whining?

Sorry, couldn't resist :wink:

Well I unfortunitely can't send them all for time outs.
  • Options
    GoddessNoireGoddessNoire Posts: 769 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Could we please have complaints/issues/whining/B*tching all on it's own in it's own forum please? I would love to talk about the game but I have to weed through 100000 whiney posts about how there aren't vampires and there isn't this feature or that feature or OMG I CAN'T GIVE MY SIM FFF B*OBS D^MN YOU EA!

Now we get to read your post whining about people "whining" who are only in fact pointing out some flaws in the game, which is normal constructive criticisms. But you'll never admit that TS3 is not perfect. Have fun living in your rose colored glasses world.
    First of all: We ALL know what EA's Business Model is like. There are no suprises here. The press releases were extrodinarily clear about what would be involved in the sims 3. You were very duely warned before you purchased the game. Let this be a lesson to you in making informed purchases in the future.

That's interesting. We were explicitly told about what was going to be in the game and what wasn't? Hmm, I don't think I was told that you couldn't go into certain lots. I don't think that I was told the speed function would **** major you know what. I don't think I was told that you couldn't play two families. Hmm.....I don't want to go on, but I do love TS3. What I was told was that you could customize everything which was a major plus.
    Second of all: All these petiticians and whining. As many have said go install sims 1 or 2 base game only. You'll find much the similar a basic skeleton of a great game to come. Once again do your research and let this be a lesson to you in making informed purchases in the future.

Really and what evidence have you offered up to debunk what they have said. You have just told us to do our research. Clearly you should do yours before you speaketh.
    Lastly: If you've given up on the game. GREAT. Give up the ghost entirely please and close your Sims3 Forum account while you're at it. You'll be happier and we'll be happier. Your whining does not make you cool it makes you a whiner.

Thank you.

Sim user in denial. Doesn't want to admit the game is not perfect. And it's not, but I see some flaws that even TS2 didn't have, and probably should have because it's an earlier version. Maybe we aren't whining. Maybe we have legitimate gripes, some don't. But don't just ride it off as whining or b*tching.
  • Options
    JPWritingJPWriting Posts: 279 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I don't see it as whining, so much as wanting to use general discussion for what it was intended.

Lets face it, most of these 'this doesn't work', or 'the such and such should work like this' all belong in either the technical forum or the feedback forum. People wanting general discussion are being drowned out by all the manic trolling.

Ok, maybe it is complaining but it's not less qualified that the rest of it.

Anyway... myself, I think the forum will settle down after the people who dislike the game go elsewhere, and the rest of us who enjoy it finally get a mellower forum where the front page is not full of 'OMG STAB STAB' or 'HOW DARE YOU' topics.
  • Options
    TabathaMorteTabathaMorte Posts: 311 New Member
    edited June 2009
    That's interesting. We were explicitly told about what was going to be in the game and what wasn't? Hmm, I don't think I was told that you couldn't go into certain lots. I don't think that I was told the speed function would **** major you know what. I don't think I was told that you couldn't play two families. Hmm.....I don't want to go on, but I do love TS3. What I was told was that you could customize everything which was a major plus.

Actually every review I saw from early on showed clearly the "rabbit holes" as they were and explained that you wouldn't see them working but that you could travel around in the neighborhood and so on. The early previews also discussed how EA was moving to a micro transaction style business model using thier online store and away from the 'stuff' packs and alluded to potiential future expansions. I don't think it's a perfect game. The speed thing is an issue that neeeds to be fixed but I have yet to EVER buy a sims game that didn't need a patch so I was expecting at least a bug like that or two going into it. We all should have been. It would be ideal if EA released a perfect game but given their history... well it was inevitable.
    Really and what evidence have you offered up to debunk what they have said. You have just told us to do our research. Clearly you should do yours before you speaketh.

Did any thing any where promise the game would include all the features of every single EP ever? No. Once again every pre review and every demo of the game I viewed/read was very very clear that this was a BASE GAME that would, like both earlier entries of the series, have expansion packs down the line to fill it out. And that EA had cherry picked some popular features that in previous games didn't come until EPs were available (such as gardening and the young adult age group) but other wise it was very much a BASE game. This was how it was advertised, this was how it was covered in all of IGN and several other's early (and most recent) game reviews. I'm sorry if many people built Sims 3 up in thier heads as the Mecca of all games but it is what it is. I don't feel there was any massive deception on anyone's parts about the contents of it.
    Sim user in denial. Doesn't want to admit the game is not perfect. And it's not, but I see some flaws that even TS2 didn't have, and probably should have because it's an earlier version. Maybe we aren't whining. Maybe we have legitimate gripes, some don't. But don't just ride it off as whining or b*tching.

I don't think the game is perfect. I acknowledged it has issues. As I said so has every other Sims game I've ever purchased so there's no great suprise here. There are legitimate issues to be discussed constructively and like grown ups.

Not 'WHAA I can't have alien babies that's it I refuse to play, oh whoe is me I'm deleting my game now but going to keep complaining about it online over and over and over cause I want to make some one pay cause I didn't get everything I want!'