Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please do a Stuffpack for Pools

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
Pools still have a lot missing. I'd like to see the following.

Pool Waterfalls sims can get under like with Island Paradise.

Pool Slides with Optional Waterfall. I also want a shark version of a pool slide. It would match the shark waterslide.

Pool Bars

Pool Floaties

Pool Volleyball would be nice

Pool Games like hold breath contest,marco polo and others.

Snorkeling.

Beach Towels

Comments

• Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited May 2017
    Yes I loved the Pool Waterfall and Pool Slides! <3

We could also get all those features in a Vacation EP, even a Pool Party.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Water slide for the pool like Sims 3.
    Sims Free Play has the ball and net game for their pools.
    Pool bar from Sims 3.
    Water floats from Sims 3 Seasons.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    I'm greedy when it comes to the pool theme. Instead of an SP with only one or two gameplay objects I'd rather have a pool focused Game pack. The overall theme of such a GP could be either beach vacation or sports (swimming competitions, water polo, platform diving, figure swimming).
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited May 2017
    Really interesting about the pack theme effecting the time of year its released. Its constantly summer in game so bringing out a stuff pack for pools during the winter wouldn't make any difference to me. I would love to see a pool stuff pack though!! I think its needed.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    We could definitely use some stuff added to our pool; it's been far too long.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Hi @catloverplayer - I'm going to move your thread to the Stuff Pack section of the forums, as it isn't pertinent to this project or voting process.

I will quickly note though, we did consider including a pool themed stuff pack on the original list of themes that could be voted on for this project. One thing we keep in mind when we're selecting themes is the time of year when a particular pack is due to release. If we were to expand pools, it'd likely be something we'd want to release around summertime, which didn't align with this community project. (Think back to the how Backyard Stuff released in July with its lawn water slide.)

I'm sorry my bad for putting it in the wrong subforum. Now July or August of this year could work.
  • Options
    PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    > @Simsfan99111 said:
    > Really interesting about the pack theme effecting the time of year its released. Its constantly summer in game so bringing out a stuff pack for pools during the winter wouldn't make any difference to me. I would love to see a pool stuff pack though!! I think its needed.

Yeah, LOL that is true! Unless they add seasons to our game with all sorts of weather, it really doesn't matter what time a year pool related stuff would come out! :D
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • Options
    PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    I would love more Pool items too! <3 With such a large cost to make a pool, it would make more sense to get the most out of it! Perhaps there could even be a new trait such as "Water Lover" that would make Sims more happy when they went in the pool?!?! There could even be a "Sun-bather" trait that would make certain Sims happy just to relax by the pool! B)
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • Options
    TreleifinTreleifin Posts: 39 Member
    I could totally get behind more pool stuff. I also really like the idea of a tropical getaway for my sim. Sand, beach, beach with water that you can actually go into... a resort that gives you the excuse to add build items for pools that it may have there. I'm not worried about timing but I'd like to point out that a lot of people go tropical vacationing during winter to get away from winter. Who wouldn't love winter in the Caribbean or Hawaii?
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd love to get a pool slide and an actual diving board not that ugly thing from Get Together. Be nice to have some games that can be played in the pool maybe diving sticks or the kids could play Marco Polo.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    That would be pretty great, and I also think we're in need for some new swimwear (especially for the kiddies!)
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    I'm conflicted. I think it might be better as a gamepack. I think I would rather have a full blown water-themed pack as opposed to one or two new objects in an SP. Unless the devs are super cool about it and make it an EP like Island Paradise or give us both the GP and EP :#
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Maybe we'll get some more swimming stuff later then?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I would definitely be interested in a Pool SP...
    Especially if it included a pool slide, pool volley ball, and of course a pool party event. :)
  • Options
    ZelkiiZelkii Posts: 39 Member
    Second, honestly pool features in the game as of yet are kind of lacking.
  • Options
    vessmevessme Posts: 492 Member
    Oh yeah. And let there be pool party options plz!
    tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif
  • Options
    mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    I think a GP would give us the most gameplay but there's only so much you can do in a pool. If they did do a pool theme, it needs to be a GP, and part of a vacation or destination theme. A SP with pool stuff wouldn't allow more than two interactions of gameplay, and in my opinion not worth $10. Pool material in an EP, would get lost and would be lacking saturated in the middle of other parts of the EP. Like the aliens in Get To Work were lost in the middle of a job EP theme.

I'd love snorkeling and pool games. I hope you're peaking in on this conversation @SimGuruGraham on the need to add more fun in the pool. We're in May with a lot of time for Summer fun. It would be great if you snuck in another GP or SP in July/August/September, hint, hint :)
  • Options
    SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    mctsimmer wrote: »
    I'd love snorkeling and pool games. I hope you're peaking in on this conversation @SimGuruGraham on the need to add more fun in the pool. We're in May with a lot of time for Summer fun. It would be great if you snuck in another GP or SP in July/August/September, hint, hint :)

Part of what's interesting about this process where we publicly develop a Stuff Pack together with the community is giving all of you further insight into how our studio functions. If you think about the timelines we've shown - that project started in April, and will not finish until sometime in 2018 - you'll start to get the sense that if something hasn't already been planned for some time, that any ideas sent our way now are completely out of the question for a Summer 2017 release :)
  • Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    edited June 2017
    This would be a really cool concept for a stuff pack!

From what I understood, there's no way this pack will happen this summer, but I already feel excited for the summer of 2018 :)

• Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    @SimGuruGraham Thank you so much! For being a part of this conversation. I really love the sims 4. And I would love to see pools have the following features

-floats
    -water games
    -horseplaying
    -water slide

and if it's a total water/play themed pack, a water gun would be nice for kids. And some play objects for toddlers as well.
  • Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    It would be nice is toddlers could learn to swim or had some sort of interaction with the pool too
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    It would be nice is toddlers could learn to swim or had some sort of interaction with the pool too

or if there were some kind of kiddy pool.
  • Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    I'm greedy when it comes to the pool theme. Instead of an SP with only one or two gameplay objects I'd rather have a pool focused Game pack. The overall theme of such a GP could be either beach vacation or sports (swimming competitions, water polo, platform diving, figure swimming).

yes i would like a game pack.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member

yes i would like a game pack.

Wouldn't that work perfectly in a tropical vacation game pack? along the lines of Outdoor retreat, only with swimming pools, and beaches?