Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Either EA is genius with the mobile market or it's all just pot luck؟

Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
I hate the mobile game. I'm sorry but I have a deep hatred for games that are realtime micro-transactions. What irked me even more was that Sims 4 content was reused for the game. BUT!!.... I do admit it that I think it does tie in well with the mobile game especially in regards to goal achievement mechanics & the graphics is more appealing than Freeplay(rip <3 )

Anyways I follow a lot of brands Social platforms such as Super Deluxe & HighSnobiety ect. Sites that generally promote aesthetics, Skate brands, sneakerheads, alt living ect.

The sites recently announced the Mobile release & the reaction was ridiculously positive. Most people I know don't play PC & generally the closest thing to gaming fro them are android/ios games. Because most of them have experienced Sims at some point in their lives they are excited to replay those memories again on their phones.

Many people are keen to try Sims Mobile, most are people who haven't touched Sims in years & are expecting to be able to do things like befriend death & wall up sims to kill them but mainly playing with friends online & of course the ftp has been the main attraction.

Generally most people who are excited to play are people who haven't played in a while & aren't invested gamers. Now androids & iphones will give more access to Sims to those who don't play on PC or Console, it's casual play appeal & online interactions with friends is a massive bonus. It's also safer than Pokemon Go & has more in-depth mechanics than games like Candy Crush.

This game is pretty much for them, not us. Most of us PC gamers cannot enjoy this because we feel ripped off having most of Sims 4 rehashed down for this, that having to wait for new content to drop only to get a Mobile announcement is very upsetting. However most of the mobile users don't know this, most of them don't play Sims 4. This is new & amazing for them, they are a very large target audience. They don't get everything free they will have to pay still like us but micro-transaction is so much more attractive than purchasing full packs.

I'm sorry if I have offended anyone, I just wanted to write this off my chest. I still like Sims 4 and I do appreciate the developers & effort put into the content. They are just people like us after all & ya gotta do what you gotta do for a paycheck. I Just... feel miffed how things are developing for the PC content.
tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif