August 16 - Ready for the Friday Highlight? Check it out here!
August 16 - Guru Garage day! SimGurus are ready to continue with the Guru Games - details here!
August 15 - We have updated the forum rules. Learn more here.

Becoming a Sorcerer

«1
TriplisTriplis Posts: 2,891 Member
edited March 21 in Gameplay Mods
EDIT: For anyone coming across this thread late, the mod is now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io/mods/sorcerer.html

And updates are found there.


This will probably get moved to the Modding and Custom Content section, so expect it to disappear, relative to how active the mods are. :tongue:

I released the largest mod project I've done to date. You can become a sorcerer, earn alignment points, manage your new Magical Connection Need, and cast lots of fun spells on other sims.

It's up on Mod the Sims now at: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=594052

I didn't really plan the timing, but it tickles me that it ended up out, first day, on May the 4th. It's not Star Wars, but it is a mod about obtaining mystical powers with a "dark" and "light" side, so basically the same thing. :lol:
Post edited by Triplis on
Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io

Comments

  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 1,928 Member
    @Triplis, this is amazing. You made something extremely unique and well thought out. I love it!
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 17,142 Member
    That sounds like something fun to play with in the game. Perhaps if Maxis created a Witch GP, they could add something like this to it. :)
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 2,705 Member
    Wow! I am impressed, we are really fortunate that there are people like you making our games and stories all the better.
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    This is awesome ! Glad that you've found a way to solve the UI issues. You're a genius :sunglasses:
  • DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 176 Member
    edited May 2017
    Looks good. I have a couple of ideas for spells, if you're interested:

    Spell of Wanton Destruction. Causes a major earthquake to happen centered around the target sim with a small to moderate chance of death (falling debris? heart attack?).
    Spell of Speedy Growth. Causes a plant to immediately reach maturity.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 2,891 Member
    Thanks for the kind words all. :heart:
    Denimjo wrote: »
    Looks good. I have a couple of ideas for spells, if you're interested:

    Spell of Wanton Destruction. Causes a major earthquake to happen centered around the target sim with a small to moderate chance of death (falling debris? heart attack?).
    Spell of Speedy Growth. Causes a plant to immediately reach maturity.
    Thanks for the ideas! I will take them into consideration.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • renwo9renwo9 Posts: 31 Member
    This is amazing!!! Will definitely be using and trying to incorporate into my legacy story!
    Sul sul
  • DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 176 Member
    Ooh, I just thought of another potential spell:

    Spell of Speed: casting this spell will cause a temporary buff that will allow you to move very quickly (i.e. gives you the vampiric Speed Walk ability).
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 2,891 Member
    Denimjo wrote: »
    Ooh, I just thought of another potential spell:

    Spell of Speed: casting this spell will cause a temporary buff that will allow you to move very quickly (i.e. gives you the vampiric Speed Walk ability).
    I'd definitely like to do something like that, if I can figure out how to use the animation in base game, or make my own. Granted, I could probably make a version of the mod that requires the Vampires pack and uses it. I'm pretty sure if I just straight up used the existing animation, it would require the Vampires pack (which isn't such a bad thing, I just want as much as possible to be base game compatible).
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 2,891 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @Triplis did you make the Child and Teen can Quit or Rejoin School mod? I been using it for a purpose in my Sims game
    Aye. :)
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 30,906 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @Triplis did you make the Child and Teen can Quit or Rejoin School mod? I been using it for a purpose in my Sims game
    Aye. :)

    thanks for that Mod!! It gave me way to prevent Selene to go to school (she's is being taughter by her 5th cousin who she lives with but their guardian, the 5th's cousin step-mother has the attiudes is from the 1800s and 1930's ideas
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 2,891 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Triplis wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @Triplis did you make the Child and Teen can Quit or Rejoin School mod? I been using it for a purpose in my Sims game
    Aye. :)

    thanks for that Mod!! It gave me way to prevent Selene to go to school (she's is being taughter by her 5th cousin who she lives with but their guardian, the 5th's cousin step-mother has the attiudes is from the 1800s and 1930's ideas
    Neat! I like that you were able to incorporate it into a story. :)
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Hadron1776Hadron1776 Posts: 330 Member
    edited June 2017
    @Triplis
    I've noticed that your fix to the "blacklisting hygiene causes infinite load" is to hide the motive and slow the decay? Just lock the stat:
      <U n="game_effect_modifier">
        <L n="_game_effect_modifiers">
          <V t="autonomy_modifier">
            <U n="autonomy_modifier">
              <L n="locked_stats">
                <T>16657<!--Commodity: motive_Hygiene--></T>
              </L>
            </U>
          </V>
        </L>
      </U>
    

    EDIT: I just noticed you used locked_stats elsewhere, so it might have been intentional. Sorry!
    Post edited by Hadron1776 on
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    Oh wow, this is amazing thank you! Supernatural was always one of my favourites on TS3 so I'm really looking forward to trying this.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 2,891 Member
    Hadron1776 wrote: »
    @Triplis
    I've noticed that your fix to the "blacklisting hygiene causes infinite load" is to hide the motive and slow the decay? Just lock the stat:
      <U n="game_effect_modifier">
        <L n="_game_effect_modifiers">
          <V t="autonomy_modifier">
            <U n="autonomy_modifier">
              <L n="locked_stats">
                <T>16657<!--Commodity: motive_Hygiene--></T>
              </L>
            </U>
          </V>
        </L>
      </U>
    

    EDIT: I just noticed you used locked_stats elsewhere, so it might have been intentional. Sorry!
    @Hadron1776

    It's probably a cleaner way to do it, if it works without issues. That's the catch. I thought of using it some time after I implemented the fix that changed hygiene to super slow decay. But I didn't want to take the time to test it at the time, since it's such a minor difference in functionality for the player. My general thought process at the time was:
    1) Vampires are the only case I can think of where Hygiene is locked with locked_stats in an ongoing sense, during general play (provided you pick that power, of course).
    2) Vampires can't become dirty from peeing themselves, since they don't have Bladder, and I'm pretty sure they don't get set on fire in the same way that other sims do (though I could be wrong on that).

    So I reasoned that locking Hygiene may screw with the functionality that ties into stuff like being set on fire, peeing one's self, etc. It's possible testing would reveal that it doesn't mess them up, but that's what I theorized.

    Also, I did read your posts in the ev values thread BTW. :) Just haven't found the space to sit down and respond to them in full yet.
    Oh wow, this is amazing thank you! Supernatural was always one of my favourites on TS3 so I'm really looking forward to trying this.
    You're welcome! Hope you enjoy it. :)
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Hadron1776Hadron1776 Posts: 330 Member
    edited June 2017
    Also note that locking a statistic sets the stat to its max value and prevents it from decaying. So you're probably better off using a stat_use_multiplier for "locking" your spell alignment to the bottom.

    Edit: I set my pregnant vampire Sim on fire yesterday. Didn't seem to cause any issues (Though I don't remember if I had that perk at the time). I know fire can't spread to pregnant sims normally... 'interactions.push' is very useful here.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 2,891 Member
    Hadron1776 wrote: »
    Also note that locking a statistic sets the stat to its max value and prevents it from decaying. So you're probably better off using a stat_use_multiplier for "locking" your spell alignment to the bottom.

    Edit: I set my pregnant vampire Sim on fire yesterday. Didn't seem to cause any issues (Though I don't remember if I had that perk at the time). I know fire can't spread to pregnant sims normally... 'interactions.push' is very useful here.
    Yup, I know. I learned that one when I was trying to use locked_stats as an easy way to keep Alignment from moving, early on in the process. I ended up just locking out access to spells that could move the bar instead.

    Interesting with regards to the fire... it may be that locking Hygiene wouldn't cause any problems. *shrug*
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 2,891 Member
    Version 2.0 of the mod is out.

    One of the changes: You now level Black Arts and/or White Arts skill to unlock spells.

    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=594052
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • IAmATrashCanIAmATrashCan Posts: 1 New Member
    May I ask you.Were and how do I become a sorcerer I went to both of the hidden lots and it was not there
  • RomzarahRomzarah Posts: 194 Member
    I have been playing a sim using this mod for a week or so.. Love the idea and the spells... Just a thought.. Would be cool if you could run Vampires off with a sun blast spell the would make it so unpleasant for them they run away.. Also wound be nice if the sims you help show a little appreciation for your help..
  • AnonymusAnonymus Posts: 1 New Member
    What are the skill cheat and need cheat for the White/Dark Arts skills and Magical Connection/Alignment?
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 2,891 Member
    @Anonymus The skill cheats for light and dark skill are:

    stats.set_skill_level Triplis_Sorcerer_DarkSkill X

    stats.set_skill_level Triplis_Sorcerer_LightSkill X

    Where X is a number from 1 to 10.


    Easiest way to manage Magical Connection and Alignment with cheats is to install UI Cheats Extension. It's what I use:

    http://modthesims.info/d/558548

    You can both click-and-drag with it, or set the values by number.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 2,891 Member
    May I ask you.Were and how do I become a sorcerer I went to both of the hidden lots and it was not there
    You need to use the Lump of Clay object, found in buildmode. You can find it easily by typing Lump of Clay into the search box, or just Lump.
    Romzarah wrote: »
    I have been playing a sim using this mod for a week or so.. Love the idea and the spells... Just a thought.. Would be cool if you could run Vampires off with a sun blast spell the would make it so unpleasant for them they run away.. Also wound be nice if the sims you help show a little appreciation for your help..
    Thanks for the suggestions. Will take them into consideration. :)
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • pwsimmysimpwsimmysim Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello. I need some help! I downloaded all package and transcript files into my Sims 4 mods folder and refreshed the game. I also have allowed customers scripts onto the game. However, when I click on the lump of clay, it only says “mold” or “put into inventory” it doesn’t say “investigate” :( any help?
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top