Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help getting the Sad bean

I have gotten multiples of all the other beans but I can't seen to get even one sad bean. I can't think of anything to try aside from killing a sim in front of them. I don't really want to go that route as I don't have any sims to spare. Any ideas? How did you get your sad bean? Trying my luck just isn't working.

Comments

• Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    The way I got the sad bean was lucky I guess. I just happened to see a sad plantsim trudging along and had my sim race over to say hello and ask for the bean. That's how I got the angry and confident beans too. The others she had to work for. :)
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    anonmysteryanonmystery Posts: 135 Member
    The girl who I was trying to turn into a plantsim had a brother living with her with the Mastermind reward trait, which can be obtained by completing one of the Deviance aspirations or using cheats, I did. I had him subtly debase one of the plantsims her sister invited over, which automatically made her very sad.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I have also had no luck with the sad bean. I tried giving them fake news but that only makes them look sad, not be sad. I even saw a sad plant sim and ran over there and by the time she got there he was no longer sad. I might have to kill a sim in front of them I guess LOL. Thanks for that tip. Things are getting desperate.
  • Options
    Kim5496Kim5496 Posts: 1,261 Member
    That's so weird. I have like 5 sad beans and am having trouble getting any of the others. The Sims in my town must just hate it there.
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    I have also had no luck with the sad bean. I tried giving them fake news but that only makes them look sad, not be sad. I even saw a sad plant sim and ran over there and by the time she got there he was no longer sad. I might have to kill a sim in front of them I guess LOL. Thanks for that tip. Things are getting desperate.

Yep I tried giving them fake news too. Lemme know how u kill ur sim. Maybe a cheat. Can we cheat and kill off a townie? That way I won't have to kill one of my current household sims
  • Options
    Kim5496 wrote: »
    That's so weird. I have like 5 sad beans and am having trouble getting any of the others. The Sims in my town must just hate it there.

To get the flirty bean the easiest is to buy the beguiling reward trait then use it on a plant sim. Easy peasy
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    I saw where someone suggested using the tragic clown outfit. I tried that and it seemed to work at first - the plantsim I greeted started looking sad but when I asked for the bean said he wasn't in the mood. But others have apparently been successful with it.

You may just want to try some different areas, I've honestly had the most luck with sims just walking by. You also don't have to get them all with the same sim, just the same household.
  • Options
    I saw where someone suggested using the tragic clown outfit. I tried that and it seemed to work at first - the plantsim I greeted started looking sad but when I asked for the bean said he wasn't in the mood. But others have apparently been successful with it.

So I just go into CAS and put on the clown costume? I've heard of the tragic clown but I've never seen it in my game.

• Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    Yes, there's a suit, boot, hats and hair. I tried it with the whole thing but as I said, even though it made the plantsim show as sad, he wouldn't give me the bean. I might have been doing something wrong. (The outfit certainly made ME sad, but that's a separate issue.)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    The clown outfit worked for me. IIRC I didn't change hair, just the outfit, hat, and boots.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Thanks everybody for all these suggestions. I'll let u know what works if I can get the bean :)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,611 Member
    edited April 2017
    I wasn't even trying for a bean. My Sims' mother came strolling in front of her house, so she went out to greet her. She noticed her mother wasn't happy and so I clicked on her to do the "Brighten Day" interaction. Somehow, my Sim was awarded a very strange bean, called Sad Bean. I'd give it to you, but there's simply no way to transfer it.

For the record, both of her parents and her father-in-law are green!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ChampagneBurstChampagneBurst Posts: 5 New Member
    Put on the tragic clown outfit and start a convo with the plantsim. The outfit gives all sims nearby the sad buff. For insurance use the mischief interaction "give fake bad news".
  • Options
    AAHH! I still can't get the Sad bean! I have been everywhere and put on that ridiculous clown suit and nothing is helping. I can find the Sad bean in other saves. But in this one I just can't get it. Anymore suggestions? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong with the clown outfit? I put on the shoes, outfit, and makeup. Did I miss something?
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,440 Member
    AAHH! I still can't get the Sad bean! I have been everywhere and put on that ridiculous clown suit and nothing is helping. I can find the Sad bean in other saves. But in this one I just can't get it. Anymore suggestions? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong with the clown outfit? I put on the shoes, outfit, and makeup. Did I miss something?

You will find it if you stay in front of your house long enough. It's just going to take a little longer this time around. I had the same issue myself when I tried getting a tree the second time. For some reason, I had a harder time getting the uncomfortable bean. I had to basically have one of my sims in the house all day waiting for Jasmine to turn up (she spawns the plantsims), then look for any sim who was walking with their shoulders slumped.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options

ts1depot wrote: »

You will find it if you stay in front of your house long enough. It's just going to take a little longer this time around. I had the same issue myself when I tried getting a tree the second time. For some reason, I had a harder time getting the uncomfortable bean. I had to basically have one of my sims in the house all day waiting for Jasmine to turn up (she spawns the plantsims), then look for any sim who was walking with their shoulders slumped.

If it doesn't happen soon the Plant Sim Challenge may be the only Challenge I don't complete.
    Is there something that will give off a Sad aura, like the crystals that give an energized aura?
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited May 2017
    If it doesn't happen soon the Plant Sim Challenge may be the only Challenge I don't complete. Is there something that will give off a Sad aura, like the crystals that give an energized aura?

It's going to happen. It's just that you have to be really persistent. Stay in one spot for a sim day or two, wait for Jasmine and the plantsims to show up, then just keep actively asking any plantsim that walks by for a magic bean (even if they don't look sad). You'll keep getting all the wrong beans at first but eventually, you'll get a sad bean.

EiFlric.png