Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do your Sims also prefer their phone over other Sims lately?

I mean, I like that they use their phones autonomously from time to time. But I really don't want my Sim's date to ignore him in favour of browsing the internet for no reason! It only seems to be in such a quantity since the last few updates, but only now I noticed how it's literally every third conversation (no matter their relationship level).

I'd understand a loner + tech-obsessed (new trait? please?) Sim going away from a social situation 'cause he or she wants to view memes instead, but even then at least the own family and friends should be an exception. I actually asked my Sim when he did that: "Do you remember who you are dating? Yeah, it's that gorgeous woman right in front of you who you are blatantly ignoring as if she were a pile of dirt, AND NOT YOUR PHONE!"

TL;DR: Phone interrupts talking. Not good. Pls change.

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I think this has been an issue since sims 3, but has gotten worse in sims 4. In 3, I find it very annoying when my sim is either in a date or being romantic with someone, and their phone rings.
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    @LaBlue0314 In Sims 3 it's okay because they can always choose to not answer the phone. But here it's different. In 4, the Sims' autonomy tells them to browse the internet on the phone during a conversation, which basically makes the conversations stop. I need to tell them to talk to eachother again. And I can't just wait until the ringing stops or something, as my Sim decides this and nobody else.
  • Options
    edwie22edwie22 Posts: 100 Member
    My teen ones do. Even when hanging out with themselves, all they do is watch funny videos, check messages or play games.
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    @edwie22 For me it's ALL Sims no matter the age. Children talking to their parents, teens talking to eachother, (young) adults having serious conversations about biscuit recipes... Even the elders who are.. doing.. something(??) aren't trying to keep the discussion going. No, all of them have to check their e-mails all the time.
    I'd be more fine with it if that was a non-autonomous action which the other Sim(s) would complain about. And even finer if that just wasn't a thing at all!