Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Creating a new world. Suggestions Appreciated!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Ports without the houseboats would be good. This way it leaves it up to the player if they want to have houseboats or not. When ever I play with them, it is usually just the household that I play has them, other wise I run into some routing errors.
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    I'm unsure how I feel about the color of the roads. Let me know what you think
    I placed city hall so far
    Screenshot-5_zpsgm5abmr1.jpgScreenshot-6_zpsptx9felq.jpgScreenshot-7_zpsdnewiblp.jpg
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Either a lighter gray for the main roads, and maybe a sandy type dirt road for anything outside of the town area.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Either a lighter gray for the main roads, and maybe a sandy type dirt road for anything outside of the town area.

Sounds like a good idea c: I'll try it thanks !

I went into isla paridiso and sunlit tides to get community lots and a few houses from the world including dive lots . The world is medium sized map but I've been making it smaller in some areas
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    edited April 2017
    I wish it will be something that works with base game only (since I don't always install all EPs together and can't remember which cc world works with the EPs) + That it will be populated (so I could start playing immidiately) + That it will be without or with minimum custom content (since I have the tendancy to download users' worlds, be really impressed at first but than not play them and get stuck with all the unnessecary items).
    Is that to much to ask? :smirk::sunglasses::flushed::grimace:

Anyway, good luck!!!:)
  • Options
    I wish it will be something that works with base game only (since I don't always install all EPs together and can't remember which cc world works with the EPs) + That it will be populated (so I could start playing immidiately) + That it will be without or with minimum custom content (since I have the tendancy to download users' worlds, be really impressed at first but than not play them and get stuck with all the unnessecary items).
    Is that to much to ask? :smirk::sunglasses::flushed::grimace:

Anyway, good luck!!!:)

I could keep that in mind and make a base game version only if possible.

Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    @Rflong7 this is how deep the water is according to this tree
    treee_zpstghfsa0r.png
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Lol! :)
    I did edit my other post yesterday.

**PositionY -is the height of the placed objects in the Property Browser. It's the number there which tells you the height of the water level. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Rflong7 wrote: »

**PositionY -is the height of the placed objects in the Property Browser. It's the number there which tells you the height of the water level. :)

oh sorry I didn't see ! thank you c: I want it to be above 28 then?

How long did it take for you to make your worlds?
    Post edited by MemoriiValentine on
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »

oh sorry I didn't see ! thank you c: I want it to be above 28 then?

How long did it take for you to make your worlds?

It's okay- I changed the post after you saw it. :)

The bigger the world, the longer it took. The more lots I built myself the longer it took. And of course, more expansion lots used, more lots, longer time.

Beach City took me over 8 months to build. Empty Cake Island took me a weekend. :)
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've been working on a few worlds and decided to just get Logan out there without the lots placed as it's been a project for far too long.I love having blank worlds to use where I have to place my own empty lots before the lots get built on and families move in.I'll also use worlds with empty lots in place though it's easier to have a blank one to start with.
    I'll make save files with the lots and population in place if somebody wanted a populated town.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg