Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moving family with house to new world in game?

Hello!
I was wondering, is it possible to move a sim family from one world to another, with their house and all the inventory too?

I have a house in one world, that I would love to take with me to a new world, along with all the furniture and collectables.

I know you can save a copy to the library, but will not a lot get reset?

Will my collectibles (gems etc) still be intact if I just make a copy to put in the library and plunk the copy down in the new world?

I don't care about the friendships/jobs, but I would want the house and the stuff to be intact, along with all their progress (skills, etc)

Comments

• Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    If you save a copy of your family with their house to the library, everything should remain intact.

Only photos your sims made (like selfies) will go blank. If one of your sims has a job that needs a special career lot (like the movie star career), you should place this lot in the new world before you place the house, because otherwise your sim will lose his/her progress in the job.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    shakeninsaneshakeninsane Posts: 518 Member
    Ah, nice one. Then, if I make a copy that should be the only way to get the house and furniture + relics etc intact, while also everything else should be good. the selfies etc would be the only con, but I can delete those before my sim moves and anyway they dont really matter to me, haha. Thanks for the quick reply!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Selfies indeed go blank, but pictures your sim took with a camera will be alright in the new save. Those pictures travelled to several worlds without an issue.

Silas_642_zps8d5b83e1.png

As do paintings.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    shakeninsaneshakeninsane Posts: 518 Member
    Thanks! Yeah, I noticed, haha. No worries, selfies aren't the hardest to do again, haha. It worked like a charm though, everything in it's order and such, so that was a breeze! (for once, lmao)
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    You can also lose the paintings your Sims have done, if these are framed. Just be advised. I lost a houseful of art that way!

Actually, I had a lot of blank images, that were still valued at their appreciated value for sale, and sold them. But I had to get my Sim busy painting again to redecorate.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    You can also lose the paintings your Sims have done, if these are framed. Just be advised. I lost a houseful of art that way!

Actually, I had a lot of blank images, that were still valued at their appreciated value for sale, and sold them. But I had to get my Sim busy painting again to redecorate.

That's why I don't frame anything.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I didn't know that about framed paintings :o I never frame them because I don't like the frame ;)
    5JZ57S6.png