Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom WA world - how to buy house there?

Alright folks, so some time ago I made a custom WA world, using some nraas mod, (Traveler? Bah, I don't remember, but the one that allows you to travel to any world.)

I had made a specific world for this travel, a sort of red-sandy island with some museums and stuff to do. Nothing big, but I wanted my sims to have a stone house by the sea. Anyyyway, one of my sim has the Prepared Traveler and can stay there 6 days. But of course, this is a mod so it won't show up in the WA journal, so I cannot check my visa points.

So far, I can't buy a lot there. (Haven't built the house yet). And now I'm confused...I know the visa points are seperate between worlds, but I thought by unlocking visa points, eventually you could buy a house in "any world" ?

So does this mean I can never get a house in any other world than France/Egypt/China? (I can't check my visapoints, and unless I get visapoints just for traveling, I won't be able to do earn them IN my custom travel location, because I didn't make any quest-lots and such.. It was meant strictly as a retreat with a museum, beach, night club, etc)

I know a lot of people here don't use mods, but I hope someone has tried this one and knows a bit more about it than me.

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited April 2017
    When you use NRaas Traveler to travel to a custom world (that is, not a WA world) your sim automatically gets visa level 3. That should show up in the screen where you choose where to travel when you select different worlds.

To buy a vacation home (empty lot or house) the lot must be zoned as "Ownable Lot." You'll have to change the lot assignment in Edit Town before your sim can purchase the lot as a vacation home.

Is the lot you want your sim to buy actually have the "Ownable Lot" assignment?
  • Options
    shakeninsaneshakeninsane Posts: 518 Member
    Ohhhhh, no I don't think so! For some reason I thought it was enough with just a regular home lot. I didn't even think about that. That's super and very handy for traveleres using the mod, haha. I think I failed to check the visa level when they traveled. But they've been there twice already so it should be good. Woo!