Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Selnes family

Comments

• Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    The windows in their greenhouse are all frosted, but Fridtjof makes sure to keep warm during his flower arranging.
    rMmJMSp.png
    BYWImiU.png
    MA3Dqnl.png
    By the time the children come home from school, there's enough snow to build snowpals and make snow angels. They spend the whole afternoon outside having so much fun!
  • Options
    In the evening it feels extra cosy inside with the frost on the windows. The children are calmer than usual with their indoor activities. Sigurd is keeping upstairs working on his new painting hobby.
    zYQSGuH.png
    wdWqMFG.png
    thvaFqK.png
    And outside it keeps snowing :heart:
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    I know I don't really comment much more of a lurker but I always enjoy getting notifications that you have updated in your two family threads :)

It seems you are really enjoying seasons I love the family vacation they took to granite falls. My sim also just too a trip there. For some reason the EP made me want to vacation a bit more.

Thank you for sharing your sims family stories with us.♥️
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    @Slyvanas Thank you, it's very nice of you to comment :) I enjoy Seasons so much, it's been my most anticipated pack and the game feels so much more complete for me now. I'm glad you enjoy the updates!
  • Options
    It's a beautiful winter in San Myshuno as well. The Selnes family are celebrating little Jesper's birthday. Lennart's girlfriend Morgan is visiting for the occasion.
    1J1sIFJ.png
    rkmwzlm.png
    eeRQggo.png
    She's staying the night tonight, and the two teens are having some karaoke fun after the birthday party.
  • Options
    The next morning there is a total blizzard outside.
    UtIz7Ph.png
    N2iFaNx.png
    It's not possible to see a single thing through the large windows anymore.

Christina the dog is ill, and Tara is taking her to a vet in Newcrest.
    TyDxbeX.png
    3hVyAu7.png
    Newcrest has beautiful weather, and Tara stays for a hot chocolate before she returns to San Myshuno.
  • Options
    The boys are done with school for the day and are enjoying the snow in Myshuno Meadows. Tara meets up with them there and joins the fun.
    LBxi3FR.png
    iholH1A.png
    jm1fWeL.png
    After a few hours, Lennart says goodbye and heads off to meet Morgan.
  • Options
    ChelsPlaySimsChelsPlaySims Posts: 94 Member
    I absolutely love reading your legacy! I was wondering (because it's so detailed) do you ever cheat needs? I just started a legacy of my own and I have twin toddlers that are really hard to take care of. How do you do it?
    Anyhow, keep up the great work!
  • Options
    He meets up with Morgan in the Spice District.
    TedcfzI.png
    9vXti0G.png
    He's not tired of building snow pals yet, so they build one together at the dock.

As they're sitting outside the karaoke bar chatting, they're caught in another blizzard and realize it's time to head home.
    WbnfxdU.png
    QGdN0eA.png
    When Lennart gets home he eats an evening snack with his little brother while the blizzard is raging outside.
  • Options
    By the next morning the weather has calmed down. Tara and Jesper are the first to get up and they spend some quality time reading a story together.
    telF3hX.png
    lKdv6fe.png
    Kimi has a stunning view to the snowy mountains from her studio corner now. But at the moment she is working on a portrait of Lennart.

Morgan comes over that evening to watch a movie with Lennart.
    6cZDMCp.png
    v7dprsH.png
    As Morgan comes here all the time anyway, Lennart decides to give her an apartment key. Now she can stop by any time she wants.
  • Options
    It's closing in on Winterfest. The family have put up some decorations already, but now it's time to decorate the tree.
    fVfLkIX.png
    OIq21k9.png
    Jesper has crafted some of the wall decorations on his crafting table.

These days are calm and slow, and the family enjoys their holiday season together.
    LBJcVKL.png
    UNYAoNZ.png
    The dogs get their attention too, of course. Evening walks in the snowy city are quite nice!
  • Options
    It's a magnificently clear night, so pretty.
    eyrpFm9.png
    pgywsmw.png
    This beautiful night turns out to be Tara's time to go.

And so the holiday happiness is turned into sadness and grief for the Selnes family.
    GtU3tCc.png
    LhLEO0N.png
    Yes Kimi, you are allowed to drink globe drinks in your pajamas now.
  • Options
    The three mourning family members are trying to cope with their loss the best they can. Lennart spends a lot of time with his music.
    T7FEYWL.png
    Xp4DxLl.png
    wVqvEGO.png
    Kimi is a little younger than Tara, but she doesn't have much time left herself. She dreads the thought of leaving the boys all alone, but they all know it's going to happen soon.
  • Options
    I absolutely love reading your legacy! I was wondering (because it's so detailed) do you ever cheat needs? I just started a legacy of my own and I have twin toddlers that are really hard to take care of. How do you do it?

@ChelsPlaySims I'm very glad to hear that, thank you for commenting :smile:

I've honestly never cheated needs, I'm not sure if I even know how to do it :hushed: I pause the game a lot and micromanage every sim in my household. But more than anything I think I've just had a lot of practice after playing these games since 2000. Compared to the original game and TS2 I find TS4 a lot easier in terms of managing needs.

Toddlers are hard work, though! It's helpful to get their potty skill up as fast as possible so they can use the potty themselves. And if the high chairs get to stressful to use, just have them grab plates from family meals on the table or counter. Raising the thinking skill makes them have fewer nightmares. These are my best tips on making toddlers more independent. Good luck with your twins :smiley:
  • Options
    ChelsPlaySimsChelsPlaySims Posts: 94 Member

@ChelsPlaySims I'm very glad to hear that, thank you for commenting :smile:

I've honestly never cheated needs, I'm not sure if I even know how to do it :hushed: I pause the game a lot and micromanage every sim in my household. But more than anything I think I've just had a lot of practice after playing these games since 2000. Compared to the original game and TS2 I find TS4 a lot easier in terms of managing needs.

Toddlers are hard work, though! It's helpful to get their potty skill up as fast as possible so they can use the potty themselves. And if the high chairs get to stressful to use, just have them grab plates from family meals on the table or counter. Raising the thinking skill makes them have fewer nightmares. These are my best tips on making toddlers more independent. Good luck with your twins :smiley:

Thank you so much, I will definitely try some of your tips. They will be very helpful considering there is another baby on the way!
  • Options
    The Kalanis are having a much more cheerful Winterfest. They're in full preparation for the day itself, which is tomorrow.
    S7MIUKe.png
    rKzdJYm.png
    The parents are as excited as the kids, apparently.

They've made several snow pals to make the light decoration one company.
    2bxAAk6.png
    Lt1DD79.png
    Jonatan and Solveig play fetch in the snow for a bit after the others have gone to bed.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    On the morning of Winterfest, the family eats a grand breakfast together. Everyone enjoys it except Anna who is in a picky eater phase. When they're done eating, they all watch a family movie together.
    xbZvaTN.png
    vKqAxNA.png
    b9h4ke0.png
    Jonatan and Solveig both get a bit restless and need to get outside, to they go for a winter jog.
  • Options
    The rest of the family play in the garden while waiting for the big evening to arrive.
    yAoZhGN.png
    do9HX47.png
    OBurw5g.png
    C6VbG2E.png
    Anna has named her latest snow pal Nils and is getting to know him quite well.
  • Options
    Then the evening arrives, and so does Father Winter. The children are thrilled to talk to him, and Sigrid invites him to sit at their table for a little bit. The parents have cooked perfect turkey, salad, parfait and fruit tarts.
    hEKslEu.png
    IObzVOI.png
    Lc5DF2G.png
    iJLNpp3.png
    They sing and open presents long into the night.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    Great read and love your pictures! Your builds and settings are very good and cinematic, too :) I'm too late to this party to catch up with it all in one go, but enjoyed the first 3 pages so far. Will be back for more :)

God sommer! :wink:
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you @Simmerville, I hope you enjoy the rest of the thread when you get to it! And hope you're having a god sommer too :)
  • Options
    As a winter holiday they travel to Selvadorada, where it's currently raining a lot. No outdoor camping this time, they've rented a large villa.
    BKfABja.png
    6FKeoea.png
    vtmdkkT.png
    They're settling in nicely and enjoying the large space. They've brought Solveig with them, and Pedro has become very good at teaching her tricks.
  • Options
    Luckily, seeing that it's raining, there are also nice places to go indoors in Selvadorada. They spend almost a whole day at the spa. The pool there is not indoors though, but the girls don't mind.
    vtmdkkT.png
    rhXwH1m.png
    tXozSVH.png
    Pedro is in a bit of a clingy phase and prefers to stay close to his parents.
  • Options
    There aren't a lot of indoor activities at the villa, but luckily the kids brought some of their Winterfest presents from home.
    f4BdzMV.png
    DLPPcG3.png
    The books that Anna and Pedro are reading help them advance in their scouting careers.

When at the bar in the evening, Sigurd is thrilled to learn that his parents will let him have a barley bale.
    Hk01rox.png
    FYN6YWx.png
    But he prefers to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 it in the next room with his siblings watching a kids' movie.
  • Options
    The next day Sigurd joins his fathers on an exploration into the jungle.
    bPqvsLd.png
    W0rg5NR.png
    0PsqRuq.png
    He doesn't enjoy it all that much though, there are a bit too many creepy crawlies around for his liking.