Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims At Home (Game Pack Idea)

Okay, was hanging out in Spec and Rumor forum. There are a lot of requests for laundry (along with other cleaning/home care features), plus there are still requests out there for more in depth treatment of families and the various age stages, especially with the successful patching of toddlers.

So, this idea popped into mind:

The Sims At Home GP.
  • Laundry and improvements in house cleaning (which seems to be borked anyway); all Sims would be able to clean, with positive moods for Neat Sims and negative moods for Slobs. Maybe Active/Lazy Sims would also get positive/negative moodlets. Perhaps an automated maid (similar to the Sims 3 Plumbots) that could be commanded to do household tasks, cook, etc. with random chances of failure (burned food, making even bigger mess, etc.) and could be upgraded for greater efficiency or less chance of fails.
  • More family activities: board games (good for those who didn't get GT), play options that don't require "stuff" (Tag, Hide & Seek, etc.).
  • Smaller versions of base game items (telescope, microscope, cupcake machine) that wouldn't have quite all the bells and whistles (Telescope and microscope would only build Logic, for example, without producing the prints).
  • A version of the toddler Independent trait for children and teens especially -- not exactly rebellious, but builds relationship slower with parents/adults, more likely to get into trouble or test the limits.
  • Player-customizable curfew: can set different curfews for children and teens; you could have one household where anything goes and another where the parents are super-strict.
  • More activities for elders: Bingo, Shuffleboard. Give them more to do than just sit around waiting for Grimmy to show up.

That's all I've got off the top of my head; any other good ideas?
Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

Comments

• Options
    isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    Family/Household aspirations that take a lot of work with multiple sims for huge rewards would be awesome! Or at least Family traits!

I'd like some stuff oriented around teens too like;

-Diaries/Journals- Build the writing skill, write love letters, sketch, make paper airplanes and cootie catchers, etc. or even snoop through another sims's secrets!
    -Basements and Chinchillas (or some spoof on Dungeons and Dragons)- Up to four sims can play at a game table, sims can put on costumes, and at the end of a long game can have boosts to skills, needs, etc.
    -Doors that can actually be slammed, have posters on them, etc.

Also some attic stuff like storage boxes and a pull-down ladder so the top floor can be more usefull!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    isaiahzay wrote: »
    Family/Household aspirations that take a lot of work with multiple sims for huge rewards would be awesome! Or at least Family traits!

-Diaries/Journals- Build the writing skill, write love letters, sketch, make paper airplanes and cootie catchers, etc. or even snoop through another sims's secrets!
    -Basements and Chinchillas (or some spoof on Dungeons and Dragons)- Up to four sims can play at a game table, sims can put on costumes, and at the end of a long game can have boosts to skills, needs, etc.

Also some attic stuff like storage boxes and a pull-down ladder so the top floor can be more usefull!
    isaiahzay wrote: »

Since we're talking Sims, it should be Basements and Llamas. :D That would be especially fun for geek Sims.

Putting things on doors would be great -- another idea would be if you could put a small white board on the front of a door, and other Sims could leave notes; clicking the board would reveal the note. I remember way back when I was in college everyone had those white boards and a dry erase pen on their doors for neighbors to write stuff.

Not sure if a pull down ladder would be doable, but even just a regular ladder (like the ones in Sims 3 Island Paradise) that you could maybe hide in a closet would be a cool way to access an attic. A clothing/costume chest for kids (I thought that the toy chest in Kids Room Stuff might have been one) where kids (maybe childish Adults) would randomly change into some sort of old fashioned outfit.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    You had me at "smaller telescope".
    I would buy this pack twice if it could trigger alien abductions (even if that only happened if we have Get To Work).

I love @isaiahzay's idea about a D&D board. I'd love it if the Sims team could jazz it up with chance cards (like when our Sims are at work).
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    Saturn830Saturn830 Posts: 54 Member
    Making people pay for a laundry feature instead of doing it in a free patch might anger a lot of the community (they'd still buy it, of course) but everything else sounds like it would make for a great game pack.

(I also think we should take a moment and appreciate the craziness that is people talking about their desire to do virtual laundry; our ancestors who farmed dirt twelve hours a day must look down on us with more than a little annoyance)
  • Options
    Saturn830 wrote: »
    Making people pay for a laundry feature instead of doing it in a free patch might anger a lot of the community (they'd still buy it, of course) but everything else sounds like it would make for a great game pack.

(I also think we should take a moment and appreciate the craziness that is people talking about their desire to do virtual laundry; our ancestors who farmed dirt twelve hours a day must look down on us with more than a little annoyance)

Laundry wasn't free in Sims 3 -- you either had to buy Ambitions or get the set from the Store -- so I don't see where it would be controversial. Much of the discussion in Spec & Rumor has been whether to put it in a related SP (like a Bed & Bath Stuff) or wait for a GP or EP.

Laundry was surprisingly popular in Sims 3, especially post-Generations as it was a good way for teens to gain parental approval and lessen the punishment for breaking curfew or other misdeeds. It's something else that would contribute to general "family" style play which is also still very much in demand post-toddler release.
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    I know it's crazy - I hate doing housework in RL, but I liked the laundry feature in Sims 3 and, although we could avoid it if we wanted by not putting a washing machine in the house, I always used to put one in. I like the idea of sims having more things to do at home as a family, or just around the house. Travelling to public lots takes such a long time in my game and really breaks my immersion.

That card table in the game needs tweaking IMHO. It's a lovely idea, but I have never seen any of my sim families sit down play a game of cards of their own accord and, if I make them play, they get it over as quickly as possible, then drift off to do something else - usually playing on the computer.
  • Options
    Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    I'd love laundry and more stuff for elders. And yes, a smaller telescope would be amazing as well. One that could be placed in the bedroom of my nerd kids. I would also really love the walking canes back for the elders... I always thought they were a really nice way to differentiate elders from adults. Generally I'd like more life stage specific stuff, things only teens or only elders could do so that the various life stages are more unique.
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • Options
    FKM100 wrote: »
    I know it's crazy - I hate doing housework in RL, but I liked the laundry feature in Sims 3 and, although we could avoid it if we wanted by not putting a washing machine in the house, I always used to put one in. I like the idea of sims having more things to do at home as a family, or just around the house. Travelling to public lots takes such a long time in my game and really breaks my immersion.

That card table in the game needs tweaking IMHO. It's a lovely idea, but I have never seen any of my sim families sit down play a game of cards of their own accord and, if I make them play, they get it over as quickly as possible, then drift off to do something else - usually playing on the computer.

I use the Don't Wake The Llama table more than the card table -- you can actually click on it and change it to a card table and it looks nicer in a lot of my homes. I do have Sims that play Don't Wake the Llama autonomously, so maybe a tweak to the "call" function to get Sims to play cards would help.
  • Options
    ctthomasctthomas Posts: 136 Member
    I really want laundry. And garages. Building homes without these rooms seems a little inauthentic. Also I'd LOVE bunk beds!!!
  • Options
    ctthomasctthomas Posts: 136 Member
    Oh and also with a family-themed pack I wish they'd bring back the option to enroll your kids in private school for extra $$. Possibly Sims in private school could build skills faster or randomly come home with a skill boost due as a reward for the extra investment.
  • Options
    HeatherRinskiHeatherRinski Posts: 32 Member
    more family games would be nice. I like the idea of the old people activities they could add two for every age range to round it out nicely.