Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suggestion for the Team.

SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
So lately i've been playing the Sims 4 again, atleast i'm trying to. The thing is, there are a lot of bugs that either keep coming back or ruin the game. The other issue is that if there's a new pack new bugs get in and it's becoming really tough to play with all of these issues.

Now, ofcourse I don't want to stop playing, although i'm forced to because my game will bug out after awhile and I don't have the patience to for example: re-do a babies birthday because time jumped back two days when going into cas. I love content and I know the game needs to go on and needs more content. However, wasn't it a big deal that Sims 4 should be having LESSER bugs than Sims 3? Currently, I feel like previous games are more stable to play then Sims 4. I know it's not on purpose, because we all ask for you to fix these things and I now you try. However, instead of making tons of stuff packs, is it possible to fully focus on a stable game first and THEN add on more packs, so the game doesn't implement more bugs when installing a new pack.

This is not to be negative, not to be hateful, but a suggestion from someone who's game is becoming more of a chore to do things right than to actually relax and enjoy the game. I don't want to do certain things constantly to avoid a bug popping up. I'm going to stop playing for awhile now and refrain from buying more packs, not because I don't like them, but purely because I feel like my game is already so full of bugs i'll go insane if I end up having more.

Feel free to add your suggestion down below and how you feel about the issues or bugs your game has. :blush:
Origin ID - RosyAngelina

Comments

• Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    edited March 2017
    Bugs and glitches are kind of important though - no bugs, nothing to fix - nothing to give with one hand and take with the other.

New content will always come before anything that isn't a critical bug.

A while back, I used to think that Salt Lake (or wherever it was) was sabotaging The Sims - because the quality control was so low - plus they had been dissing the production/development of the franchise.

Sometimes it has been difficult (over the course of the franchise) to work out how much is actual bugs and how much is there to be funny.

We saw a lot of Premium TS3 content - ie paid content - being regularly broken, to then be fixed - it was like some kind of scam with the playpen thing and other Premium content that would magically break.

EDIT:
    Baring in mind that the breaking of Premium content was done with patches that fixed other things - ie we saw a procession of patches that would both fix and break stuff.

To give, you must take away.
    Post edited by plopppo2 on
  • Options
    The freezing is a good one. We know it - they know it.

Drop the queues - period.

Going back to TS3 Sims would just drop their queues - TS4 Sims do it - something goes wrong and bang, there goes what you queued up for them to do - now they are doing something you didn't want them to do.

So, with that in mind, I'd rather that happen than the stinking Sims freezing and standing around for what could be an hour plus of in-game time.

Time is a like gold dust in The Sims.

The one time you want those Sims to forget everything is right when one of those suckers has hogged everything.

We don't seem to have a global ResetSim anymore - in TS3 we could wildcard it and do the whole town.
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    I don't think anyone is getting paid (or not enough) to make sure there are no glitches. Usually a company brings people in to sit and play the game to make sure it runs smoothly. However, to me, it seems as if they skip this step and go straight into releasing new packs and relying on US to tell them where the glitches are. They use us as a cheaper way to find the problems and then they will either fix them or not, depending on how "serious" the glitches are.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    I don't think anyone is getting paid (or not enough) to make sure there are no glitches. Usually a company brings people in to sit and play the game to make sure it runs smoothly. However, to me, it seems as if they skip this step and go straight into releasing new packs and relying on US to tell them where the glitches are. They use us as a cheaper way to find the problems and then they will either fix them or not, depending on how "serious" the glitches are.

There actually might be quite a bit of truth to that.
    In order to test that amount of code through every possible permutation it would take a gargamtuan QA effort and that cost would definitely be reflected in the price.

I beta tested Showtime for them...but I only had time to log about 5 hours play time before I had to ship it back.
    And my feedback was only actually viable for the packs I had installed at the time...(which wasn't all of them)
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    They do do beta testing...but it's not going to catch everything.
  • Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Bugs and glitches are kind of important though - no bugs, nothing to fix - nothing to give with one hand and take with the other.

New content will always come before anything that isn't a critical bug.

A while back, I used to think that Salt Lake (or wherever it was) was sabotaging The Sims - because the quality control was so low - plus they had been dissing the production/development of the franchise.

Sometimes it has been difficult (over the course of the franchise) to work out how much is actual bugs and how much is there to be funny.

We saw a lot of Premium TS3 content - ie paid content - being regularly broken, to then be fixed - it was like some kind of scam with the playpen thing and other Premium content that would magically break.

EDIT:
    Baring in mind that the breaking of Premium content was done with patches that fixed other things - ie we saw a procession of patches that would both fix and break stuff.

To give, you must take away.

I can't see how bugs and glitches are important.....
  • Options
    They have admitted before that they don't actually play the game fully - ie with full content.

More than one TS3 SimGuru has said on video that they didn't have all of the EPs/SPs - ie some of them play the game in their spare time, but didn't actually have all of the content.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    My game has a lot of bugs tbh which sometimes can make it unplayable and I really do wish they put our money towards lots of bug fixes instead of content we really didn't need. Focusing more on all the bugs because tbh the sims 4 is a good game but all the bugs are really letting it down atm.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    AmySims09 wrote: »
    I can't see how bugs and glitches are important.....
    They probably are if you are the one with the job of fixing them. They are probably important if they are attached to a budget.

I can imagine someone fixing bugs in a patch, adding a few bugs in, fixing those in the next patch - and so on. It's a good way to make yourself look like a hero - fixing stuff all of the time.

• Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    They have admitted before that they don't actually play the game fully - ie with full content.

More than one TS3 SimGuru has said on video that they didn't have all of the EPs/SPs - ie some of them play the game in their spare time, but didn't actually have all of the content.

Wait, so we're spending our money on all of the EPs, SPs, and GPs, to combine with our base game, and they actually don't even know if they'll all work together?? Is this why we have so many glitches and problems? They sell the expansions without even testing them all together to make sure they run properly?
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options

Wait, so we're spending our money on all of the EPs, SPs, and GPs, to combine with our base game, and they actually don't even know if they'll all work together?? Is this why we have so many glitches and problems? They sell the expansions without even testing them all together to make sure they run properly?
    Certainly with TS3 some of the Gurus - during live-play sessions - mentioned that they did not have hardly any of the content. It left me dumb-struck, because I thought they would get them for free.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited March 2017

The QA team is testing the cross-packs combinations :
    We do have a pretty large QA team that does a combination of manual and automated testing. The testing difficulties with different pack configurations has always been a challenge for the Sims, though developing in all these different branches is a new thing for Sims 4.
    Our branches are set up like a chain, where the one that is closest to ship are the closest to the main line, and the ones further down the line contain all the code and data from the previous packs (including the unreleased ones.) Our QA team is constantly testing on all the branches. So they're always testing how cross-pack configurations work.

Source : SimGuruMegs on reddit
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I think SimGuruSmitty was one of them.
  • Options
    In fact, they might even have been making the questions up - have a look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9wRJ_a2lDs

Jump to 50m50s:
    Another question from SimGuru.....Oh, let's see...
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited March 2017

It's called beta testing. Though EA has skipped that step altogether. They are not the only software company to do this. For the last 2 decades software companies have been promising us the miracle of fixes-on-the-fly. It cuts costs and increases profits.

Beta testing is a thing of the past. Buyers are now the testers.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    i don't think ts4 is anywhere near as unstable as ts3
    but in any case, i don't think its a problem of them missing the bugs. People tell them what the bugs are and have been telling them for months yet the bugs remain
    I think it's just they either don't want to fix them or haven't been able to
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I have loads of bugs in my game, it's always freezing and going back hours for no reason. It seems like we're the ones trying to do something about this, when it should be the team. We have paid for this game and why should it be our responsibility to try to resolve the many issues we encounter whenever a new pack comes out? I don't understand why we have to suffer.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    but in any case, i don't think its a problem of them missing the bugs. People tell them what the bugs are and have been telling them for months yet the bugs remain
    What does that even matter? Sims 4 should have been stable as a rock, expecially since the experience with Sims 3 in this respect.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    edited April 2017
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    What does that even matter? Sims 4 should have been stable as a rock, expecially since the experience with Sims 3 in this respect.

Well, it wasn't and it isn't. Quite frankly, we're left to try and get the bugs fixed, which isn't getting us anywhere.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Well, it wasn't and it isn't. Quite frankly, we're left to try and get the bugs fixed, which isn't getting us anywhere.
    In any case I am under the impression they are more eager to fix bugs than they were during Sims 3, so that's something ;)
    5JZ57S6.png