March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best site to chronicle a Sims 2 story, on?

Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,257 Member
Hey everyone!

I'm doing my first REAL attempt (now that I have a much better camera setting mod for the game!) to chronicle not only a Legacy, but a new "land" (town) which will only have (other than the usual townies) sims in it that can (or at least I can, once they don't keep track of genealogy after a certain point) trace their genealogy back to the original Legacy/Town Founder.

I'm excited about this now, and would love to post up "chapters" here for others to read and to comment on (Hopefully!). But I'm not sure exactly how to? Could I get some suggestions, as to the best (Free, please!) sites that I could upload the story pictures to, and write in the captions, so that I can share it all with others?

Thank you very much in advance!

Comments

• Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,257 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)

You could use Blogger or Live Journal or Word Press. They're all free. :)
    Good Luck

Hey @Rflong7 ! Thank you for the advice. I couldn't get Live Journal to send me a confirmation email, no matter how many times I requested they do so, so I'm using Word Press, now. Someone else mentioned Blogger to me, I've not really heard of that one before, might look more into it, later. For now, Word Press seems to be working alright for my purposes. Thank you again!
  • PhoenixArrandePhoenixArrande Posts: 106 Member
    Some people use Tumblr and Instagram too. (I don't recommend Instagram though because of the widespread hacking/content-stealing) :)
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Personally, I post spam (random gameplay pics) to tumblr and proper updates to my dreamwidth, these days. (With links to the updates on Tumblr.)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • PhoenixArrandePhoenixArrande Posts: 106 Member
    Personally, I post spam (random gameplay pics) to tumblr and proper updates to my dreamwidth, these days. (With links to the updates on Tumblr.)

What is dreamwidth? It gets mentioned a lot in Sims communities, but I've never actually looked into it before...
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member

What is dreamwidth? It gets mentioned a lot in Sims communities, but I've never actually looked into it before...

Dreamwidth is a blogging platform, much like Livejournal, Blogger, Wordpress, etc. that's been around for about 9 years. It first got popular in the simming community when it was still invite-only in about 2011-2013, when a lot of people were moving off livejournal for various reasons. Blogs from Livejournal can be "imported" to it by clicking a button and waiting, which made it a very popular alternative. Now that a lot of people are worried about Livejournal's new TOU, it's experiencing a minor upsurge in popularity again.

You can find most of the same stuff there as you could at Livejournal, Blogger, etc. - People's stories and CC. (As well as blogs that have nothing to do with the sims.) Primary advantages over Tumblr are that you can post longer stories, and easily organize chapters, as well as control who sees entries via a "private" "public" and "friends only" setting, so you could easily tag personal posts as "friends only" and let the general public only see the shiny, shiny pictures.

Because we've got so many platforms to chose from, a lot of old-school simmers and content creators have multiple journal accounts, so use whatever site works best for you.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]