Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Close thread

ScrapbooksimsScrapbooksims Posts: 144 Member
Which do you guys prefer? Personally, I prefer the balayage one which came with Backyard Stuff. Makes any sim look more 'natural' & refreshing.
Post edited by Scrapbooksims on

Comments

• Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    depends on the sims style. I have found that if I let myself develop favorite CAS stuff then my sims end up being to "samey"
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Yeah personally I'm a huge fan of balayage but I like ombres too. I think we need more hairs with balayage though.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member
    I would like backyard stuff for the hair! Now I just go with what I have, that's solids mostly.

You made me google what is balayage :p
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    ^Same :sweat_smile: Had no idea what balayage was.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    I love balayage hair. I actually have that done to my hair IRL.

But that hair from backyard stuff is one of my favorites honestly. It's actually one of the reasons I wanted that pack so bad hahaha
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    I would like backyard stuff for the hair! Now I just go with what I have, that's solids mostly.

You made me google what is balayage :p

Lol..it's alright. We learn something new everyday :)
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Isn't ombre and balyage the same thing? I just like saying balyage because it sounds fancy.
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    Isn't ombre and balyage the same thing? I just like saying balyage because it sounds fancy.

Balayage is when they actually use a brush and freely paint on the highlights on your hair. Using the brush (rather than foils) is what gives it that unique transition into the highlight. It is very similar to ombre, and I would've thought the same until the girl who does my hair explained it to me lol
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    Balayage 100%, I wish they all came with a few of those options!
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member
    mariah6194 wrote: »

Balayage is when they actually use a brush and freely paint on the highlights on your hair. Using the brush (rather than foils) is what gives it that unique transition into the highlight. It is very similar to ombre, and I would've thought the same until the girl who does my hair explained it to me lol
    I remember when Backyard Stuff came out people were calling the hair ombre. I don't own the pack so which is it really?
  • Options
    @luimistelija I believe it is balayage. Ombre is more like Candy's hair from Get Together where there is a visible line of transition between the 2 colors. Both are nice but I <3 the balayage a little bit more.
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    I wish TS4 had the hair color options that TS3 had.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    *Googles Balayage* OOOH! Yes, I do like that a bit more mostly because it looks more natural. I feel like these solid colours are too much and I wish we had the balayage options with every hairstyle.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member

Balyage used to just be called brushed on highlights, it isn't new it's just been renamed. Ombre is transitional from roots to tips going from any one color to another.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member

"Balyage used to just be called brushed on highlights"

This. :)