Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any Sims news at PAX East?

Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
Anything? At all? I haven't read of any Sims news coming out of the huge PAX East convention this week, but I thought surely there must be something, if TS4 is as successful as its fans claim.

Comments

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I doubt it.
    Mass Effect Andromeda will most likely be their focus.
    http://east.paxsite.com/schedule
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    Not that I know of, at least on the announcement side. I know devs will sometimes give insight on their development tech and processes, but I haven't read about anything Sims or Maxis related in that regard either.
    Also, whether or not a game is present at a press event does not tell you if it's successful or not. These are mostly there to share news.
    In case of TS4, we're currently waiting on the announcement of the bowling SP. There's not much else happening on the news side of things right now because we're close to the new fiscal quarter.

But then again going by your wording here, it's clear that you don't really intend to actually get information with this post that doesn't fit your own narrative. So why do I even bother explaining this ? Probably because I'm bored.

Wrong assumption. I would really like to read Sims news if there is any. Guess not. Lots of other stuff to read about coming out of PAX, though!

Thank you, CK213, for the Mass Effect statement.
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    The world has changed since the early days of the Sims. I cannot think of any major news coming out of a convention in a long time. I am not 100% sure but there have been some conventions where there has been no Sims representation. EA these days does have bigger and better selling games which would naturally get the media coverage. Maxis I understand is now part of the mobile division and presumably only receives coverage as part of that division. All rather sad when you consider the old days.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    Ha ha, love how they moved this to Stuff We Don't Want You to Hear Off-Topic Chat. It's about TS4; how is that not on-topic? EA, you're so precious.