Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Attraction

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    flowerofavalon87flowerofavalon87 Posts: 105 Member
    Wether one prefers TS2 attraction system or TS3 one, something needs to be done in TS4 either way. At least turn ons and offs. I personally loved TS2 attraction system and think it is the best, along with the memory system.

Yes! I'd forgotten (haha pardon the pun :D) about the memory system! When I started playing the Sims 4 I thought it would be a given that they would have memories, but they didn't :( And the 'make memory' feature on photos isn't really the same... Would be great if they brought that back.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I would just like to select a preference type for my sims, I'm not a fan of astrology and letting zodiac signs define who my sim is compatible with.

Like if that sim has the body type I like, hair color I like, skin I like, Traits, and skills. are they human, or something greater?
    and if they move on to personality, Favorites, Music, films, books, Food, color, hobbies, animals, weather.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    lisamtownlisamtown Posts: 206 Member
    They need to bring back the attraction system from 2..... I don't know why they just don't look up the coding for 2.... Make a lot of looooong time fans happy and be more willing to fork over money!!!!! :wink:
    graphics-wallet-540882.gif
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Reeeeaaaalllyyyy want zodiacs back, I used to love assigning my sims with different signs to match what I think would suit their traits!! Sad we don't have it in ts4
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited March 2017
    taffy550 wrote: »
    I really wish EA would bring the attraction or zodiac signs back. It was fun when your sims would become attracted to a random sim.

I do too but I want the TS2 Attraction System were we could assign in CAS.

Me too! I loved that about the sims 2. Its fun to see sims in game checking out other sims lol. Why is this thread in speculation though? Shouldn't it be in ideas?
  • Options
    XoxNicolexoXXoxNicolexoX Posts: 119 Member
    Bringing the attraction system back would add some diversity to the game so I'm all for it, Likes/Dislikes would be great as well. I feel like every single sim that is ingame are the absolute same personality wise. Makes the game feel dead. They need to release more traits as well.
    rsz_simsgurunicole.png
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    lisamtown wrote: »
    They need to bring back the attraction system from 2..... I don't know why they just don't look up the coding for 2.... Make a lot of looooong time fans happy and be more willing to fork over money!!!!! :wink:

Exactly this! We don't even need any big new inventions actually, the Sims 2 attraction system was just perfect and could be applied to any Sims game ever. It'll take a lot of time to code for Sims 4, sure, but it'll clearly be worth the effort.
  • Options
    blugar44blugar44 Posts: 229 Member
    edited March 2017
    Yup, attraction system a la TS2 style is sorely missed... Without chemistry, building romances for Sims is so stale. No heat of the moment kisses or finding love in unexpected places -- you have to choose out the Sim, flirt with them a set amount before kissing is accepted, kiss a few times, woohoo is unlocked, propose, marry. They always use the tagline 'weirder stories' but there's almost no way to go a surprising route when it comes to romance... Personalities too get stale since there's set traits and similar idle animations for every sim. If we had a few more defining characteristics like favourites and dislikes a little more interest might be created. Maybe interests like in TS2 where if 2 Sims have similar levels of interest in topics, chatting will be more successful?

Same with memories. Life changing events aren't really recorded at all unless you use the 'make a memory' photo system. Your parent might die, but in 3 days when the sad moodlet wears off, it's as if it never happened. A simple but effective system would be similar to TS2. My ideal memory system:
    - major events are automatically saved in a memory UI like TS2 and have a different emotion & icon assigned to them. eg. a parent's death would be a strong sad memory, a marriage would be a strong happy memory. On a random basis, a thought bubble might appear with a specific memory's icon, triggering a corresponding happy/sad/angry etc. moodlet no matter how long ago the event occured.
    - custom memories can be made this way. Save and describe an event that occurred in your Sim's life that might not be recognised by the game as momentous, assign an emotion, assign an icon (like assigning club icons) and then that memory will have a chance to appear in one of the random occasional thought bubbles or dreams.

That way Sims are shaped a little more by their past experiences, and you have the chance for a moodlet you weren't expecting. Sick of being able to so easily game the system eg. needing to be 'Playful' at a party, so dropping down a MySims doll and allowing an emotional aura. If a Sim all of a sudden recalled their break-up, stories might truly becoming a little weirder.
  • Options
    HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    What do you guys think if they gave traits for inner, and outer beauty, for them to be attracted to also, with the other stuff too, Like maybe your sim cares more about the personality then looks. Or you have a sims more focus on outer beauty and more shallow. They could add a new system of what personality and look traits they like, and don't like. And If they gave you the option of if you sims are more concerned for inner or out beauty. You can control how beautiful you sim is on the inside and out. Because I feel like the way it is now, It doesn't matter how beautiful or nice or mean your sim is, along as you flirt with them long enough you can marry any of them.
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Mmmmm why was this moved to speculation when it's obviously an idea. Trying to hide something, EA? :wink:

For reals though, I'd love a TS2 styled attraction system. I never played 2, but when other simmers talk about it, it sounds soooo amazing and fun. ]TS3's attraction system was kind of wacky, and for some strange reason my sims only ever got attracted to sims I find unattractive and elders. Lol my sims were killing me. i think that TS2 style attraction system would also help many simmers to feel that their sims are more unique, as they would have personal tastes that differentiate them - most simmers complain that all sims are exactly the same, and this could help A LOT to fix it.

I agree that TS3 was really random in the "attraction" department. I didn't even know it was considered a system because every Sim I came across was all "Wow you're so hot let's get together!"

I'm dying for some uniqueness in Sims 4. I rarely turn on Autonomy because my Sims end up driving me mad by doing pointless things, and never what matches their personality. They seem to do things based on their emotions and not their traits.

aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    GoldilockGoldilock Posts: 80 Member
    SSDSSDSSD2 wrote: »
    I don't like it too much, what if your sim is a really attractive Brunette, but the other sim only likes blondes? People in real life are more accommodating to different types of attractive people, (well past high school that is), will the other sim just reject them for one thing? Or a really attractive blonde but the other sim only likes redheads and gives blondes a turn-off. (To people who prefer this, just make your own mate for your sim).

It would make sense that unless you specifically set "blond" as a turn-off, they wouldn't necessarily reject that sim, but they would be naturally attracted to redheads, for example (if you chose it as a turn-on in the first place). That way you could prevent romantic interactions where you really don't want them (with mean or jealous sims or something), while leaving all the other options open. I assume you wouldn't have to choose a hair color preference, if you don't want to.
  • Options
    EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    Speaking of Sims 4 attraction system, is there one!?
    I think there is no attraction system in this game?
    Or it's just me who doesn't know until now!?
  • Options
    JanoJano Posts: 100 Member
    I miss the sims 2 attraction system and I wish sims 4 had something like the blind dates you could get from the fortune tellers.
  • Options
    jedipwncesjedipwnces Posts: 85 Member
    taffy550 wrote: »
    I really wish EA would bring the attraction or zodiac signs back. It was fun when your sims would become attracted to a random sim.

Yes!!! It seems like I can pretty much brute-force my way into a relationship with anyone at the present... which is awkward. If you're persistent enough, you can make it happen. That's a weird vibe to have in a game where relationships are a huge component of gameplay. I'd really like some content to improve the interactions between Sims in a more realistic way... natural attractions, common interests, that sort of thing. I liked getting to say that my Sim was attracted to people who wear hats or are bald. Oh, the shenanigans that ensued!
  • Options
    LoracLTLoracLT Posts: 1 New Member
    I was told that SIMS was going to be coming up with an Adult Version of the game and that you will have to be
    An age of 21 or older. I myself would be up for something like that. But like I stated I just heard talk. Is there any TRUTH to this?
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    EpicSims wrote: »
    Speaking of Sims 4 attraction system, is there one!?
    I think there is no attraction system in this game?
    Or it's just me who doesn't know until now!?

I don't know what to call it, but I remember "(in)compatible traits" being mentioned.

Good vs Evil/Mean, Clean vs Slobs, Active and Lazy etc.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif