Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    Thanks for the heads up. :)
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    I seem to have mix opinions on whatever they nerfed the Event or buffed it.

For the buffs, the Resource Spins now always give you Coins removing Banana and XP rewards, and the Resource gains are increased.

For the nerfs, the last Resource Objects require Social Points (5-15 SP depending on object) to purchase a la SimTown Health Spa and The Prince & The Pocket-Sized Princess. Previously when the Event was introduced in 2016, the objects only required Simoleons. Also the requirements were increased; The Sea View Bungalow in 2016 only required 9800 Bananas, 5000 Pineapples, 2200 Passion Fruit and 95 Constructor Coins but the same building in 2017 requires 24,000 Dragon Fruit, 24,500 Pineapples, 28,500 Passion Fruit, and 275 Constructor Coins.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    I guess they realized that most participants unlocked most of the prizes last time and they didn't want to make it too easy. I was able to unlock everything but was unable to purchase the bungalow. It shouldn't be too difficult this time around because the only thing I'm using the bananas for is for the coin flower patch to get constructor coins. I only need 375 and already have 61 collected today with 13 more days to go.
  • Options
    Is the Passion Fruit Vine unlocked for anyone? I was immediately able to use the banana tree, dragon fruit cactus, and pineapple plant but the passion fruit is locked.
  • Options
    Well it looks like with 10 days remaining I'll get that Sea View Bungalow this time. I've gotten enough Dragonfruit and Pineapple, and I only need about 7,000 Passionfruits and 60 constructor coins.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Well it looks like with 10 days remaining I'll get that Sea View Bungalow this time. I've gotten enough Dragonfruit and Pineapple, and I only need about 7,000 Passionfruits and 60 constructor coins.
    I am sure they that I'll get it too because I only need about 6,000 passionfruits and only because I forgot to let 2 of my sims harvest them for a few days in the beginning :)
  • Options
    Just collected enough constructor coins. Now to get 6000 Passionfruits. Not sure if I'll continue with the community event.
  • Options
    bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member
    Is there a way to get more constructor points? I have yet to complete an event like this because I am always short on coins. I spend the whole week without my sims working and still can't get enough of the items to complete it...drives me crazy
  • Options
    Is there a way to get more constructor points? I have yet to complete an event like this because I am always short on coins. I spend the whole week without my sims working and still can't get enough of the items to complete it...drives me crazy

Unless you want to spend money on social points you'll probably have to wait until this one returns. I wasn't able to complete it the first time but I've just finished this time around.
  • Options
    Well I just used the spin flower and earned 125 constructor coins. Too bad I never earned that many when I actually needed them. Anyway, I have 483 constructor coins, and will probably get more before it's over, and I really wish we could carry them over to the next event.
  • Options
    Well I just used the spin flower and earned 125 constructor coins. Too bad I never earned that many when I actually needed them. Anyway, I have 483 constructor coins, and will probably get more before it's over, and I really wish we could carry them over to the next event.
    I have 430 constructor coins without ever having had the luck to get more than at most 20 coins from the spin flower for this event :)

I am still doing the event with the maximal number of sims although it feels a little unnecessary now (because we have done it before and built everything on the island). I am just too advanced now to really need my sims for anything else until we get a new event. So why not just go on? ;)
  • Options
    Yeah it does feel a bit unnecessary but I'm continuing for those who are trying to unlock all the community prizes.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Since i'm doing this the first time through and am working on other timed challenges at the same time I doubt I'll get everything unlocked. My main goal is to add to the community pot since I would really liked to get the clothes options unlocked.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Since i'm doing this the first time through and am working on other timed challenges at the same time I doubt I'll get everything unlocked. My main goal is to add to the community pot since I would really liked to get the clothes options unlocked.
    Understandable. I didn't build everything on the island either the first time. But now I have already built the only thing that I missed a few days ago. Therefore I have no use for fruits anymore and only harvest them because I haven't anything else important to do.

I only need a few more upgrades in the movie studio and to build the last workstation (the ward) in the hospital. But I have other sims working on this :)
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I have most of my sims collecting things for this challenge and one working on another timed challenge I have going and one that I am at the moment sending to work/having grow normal crops to generate some money. I might ignore future community events until I get caught up with where I need to be with normal quests (my poor neglected hibernating baby lol) but I've committed to this one so I'll probably see it through at this point though I'm not sure I'll waste the money on actually purchasing the pineapple patch at this point. It's going to be a while before my sims actually have free time to enjoy anything on the island anyway probably my backlog of quests at this point is immense.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    My problem with this island is that I don't use it because there are no hobbies or other important things to to there. We build a lot of places. But they don't have any purpose except that they can be a little fun to use for the very first time. After that I don't use them.

One of the reasons probably is that the max 34 sims (at lvl 55 which is the top lvl for this game) is very low and my sims usually are all occupied in quests, jobs and hobbies to give me important resources. I still have some lots where I could build more houses. But I don't build them anyway because I already have enough empty houses and no sims to move into them. I am sure that my iPad Air 2 could easily handle a bigger population. But I am not allowed to have it because this game is meant for cheap phones too and EA alas doesn't allow us to have more sims just because we have a better device to play on. (The reason probably is that getting a bigger population is something EA wants us all to pay real money for if we want it.)
  • Options
    Yeah I figured I'd get very little use out of it since it's mostly a way to get EP or give them "fun" which I can do just as easily by having them plant which also gives me money. I wasn't sure if it might be used for a weekly quest items but that's probably not likely since participation isn't mandatory. So finishing it is not a high priority and why possibly getting the clothing set from the community part of the event is much more interesting to me.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    MusicMeg222MusicMeg222 Posts: 163 Member
    There are only a few days left of the tropical romance island event and I'm almost to the end of the global progress. I visited the island earlier and unlocked the sunbathing option, but am not able to open it because I don't have enough fruit. How in the world can I collect enough fruit in time to open all of the sections of the island? I was excited that it came back into the game, but now it's almost over, and I'm not able to get enough fruit. Should I plant as many fruit trees and vines that I can and have sims collect as much as possible?

How does everyone else unlock the sections of the island? Any hints or suggestions? Thanks!
  • Options
    I had 11 sims working on collecting. 4 banana trees, 3 dragon fruits, 2 passion fruits, and 2 pineapples. I wasn't able to get the additional dragon fruit cactus and pineapple plant because I didn't have enough social points. But I still managed to collect enough fruit and constructor coins to complete the event. How many sims do you have collecting?
  • Options
    I had 11 sims working on collecting. 4 banana trees, 3 dragon fruits, 2 passion fruits, and 2 pineapples. I wasn't able to get the additional dragon fruit cactus and pineapple plant because I didn't have enough social points. But I still managed to collect enough fruit and constructor coins to complete the event. How many sims do you have collecting?

I only have four sims collecting. I think I can purchase a few more plants to try and collect more, but not sure I will even make it since it ends in 4 days.

• Options
    I bought as many plants as I could and collected as much fruit as I could already the first time I had this event some months ago. I missed a couple of plants anyway though. But I was able to build everything on the island except the Wedding Arbour.

So this was the second time I had the event and I immediately bought the remaining plants and was also able to quickly build the Wedding Arbour.

The community events I see as fake events because we always succeed in them just before the whole event is over. They don't know how much we will be playing. But they have still timed the community events such that we always succeed in them near the end. How could this be possible unless they are cheating and just pretend that the events depend on the whole community even though they probably don't? ;)
  • Options
    queenomeanoqueenomeano Posts: 90 Member
    Aw I don't think I'm going to get enough fruit to finish everything :( I miss timed it a few times and didn't get a chance to put them on collecting over night so fell behind, do you think it will be back again again? Lol
    Add me on twitter and twitch: plusle28
  • Options
    Erpe wrote: »
    I bought as many plants as I could and collected as much fruit as I could already the first time I had this event some months ago. I missed a couple of plants anyway though. But I was able to build everything on the island except the Wedding Arbour.

So this was the second time I had the event and I immediately bought the remaining plants and was also able to quickly build the Wedding Arbour.

The community events I see as fake events because we always succeed in them just before the whole event is over. They don't know how much we will be playing. But they have still timed the community events such that we always succeed in them near the end. How could this be possible unless they are cheating and just pretend that the events depend on the whole community even though they probably don't? ;)

It seems like you always progress pretty far in the game especially when there are events going on. How often do you play and what are your secrets? Haha. I have my sims collecting as often as I can have them collect, but I'm still not even close to building everything on the island.
  • Options

It seems like you always progress pretty far in the game especially when there are events going on. How often do you play and what are your secrets? Haha. I have my sims collecting as often as I can have them collect, but I'm still not even close to building everything on the island.
    I play this game almost all the time which means that I enter the game about 2 to 3 times every hour to update things except when I am sleeping or not home at all. I play a couple of other similar realtime games on my iPad too because I like the variation. Earlier SimCity BuildIt was one of those other games. But now I have found better games from other game companies to play instead. (I love the Sims Freeplay. But generally I am not a fan of EA's games except for the Sims games.)
  • Options

I play this game almost all the time which means that I enter the game about 2 to 3 times every hour to update things except when I am sleeping or not home at all. I play a couple of other similar realtime games on my iPad too because I like the variation. Earlier SimCity BuildIt was one of those other games. But now I have found better games from other game companies to play instead. (I love the Sims Freeplay. But generally I am not a fan of EA's games except for the Sims games.)

Ahh. That's how you are able to progress so far in the game. I definitely don't have as much free time as you do. You're not working or going to school? I'm doing both and just don't have extra time to play a lot. Sometimes I like to open the game really quick during my lunch break, but not for too long since I'm not using Wifi.

Any other suggestions for the game so I can progress faster? Haha.