Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Employees

I own a very successful art emporium and I have decided it is time to add some employees. Based on this I watched a few videos on YouTube re: employees in Sims 4 and they did not give much information. I am watching a let's play type series regarding setting up a business and the person running the series is new also to employees, so I have come to the forum to ask for help.

When I looked into hiring a new employee, the choices I was given all had horrible work habits. It said they would all mostly talk on the phone, talk to each other and just chat with the customers. In other words they seemed worthless to hire. Is there a way to train sims to be good employees? Can they be rewarded if they do a good job? It seems like the only things that you can ask them to do are answer the customers questions, or ring up sales, and they all seem horrible at that. So I am not looking to immediately hire anyone when I can do all the sales myself and keep all the profits.

How do I get a hard working employee? Can they be trained? Just over time? Can I do anything to increase my chances of getting a better choice of employee? As you can see I am in desperate need of help re: Employees in my art emporium. It is not for a bakery, or a restaurant, or any other retail business except to sell paintings.

Thank you all for any help you can offer...Employees, worth it or not???

Comments

• Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    A couple of things I have learned: employees do better and gain skill faster when you actively interact with them. Also, skills gained in life carry over. For instance waiters need strength. So my boss sim makes a workout club and everyone goes to the gym on off hours. My boss sim invites them over to hang out and build their charisma skills. And if you can hire them to make meals and bartend it will increase their skills there too.

In retail, I never trust them with ringing up customers. I just have them answer questions. And give them praise often. I also give them raises often. Reprimand for slacking only if they are playing on their phone.
  • Options
    ThePoeticPreacherThePoeticPreacher Posts: 531 Member
    I own a very successful art emporium and I have decided it is time to add some employees. Based on this I watched a few videos on YouTube re: employees in Sims 4 and they did not give much information. I am watching a let's play type series regarding setting up a business and the person running the series is new also to employees, so I have come to the forum to ask for help.

When I looked into hiring a new employee, the choices I was given all had horrible work habits. It said they would all mostly talk on the phone, talk to each other and just chat with the customers. In other words they seemed worthless to hire. Is there a way to train sims to be good employees? Can they be rewarded if they do a good job? It seems like the only things that you can ask them to do are answer the customers questions, or ring up sales, and they all seem horrible at that. So I am not looking to immediately hire anyone when I can do all the sales myself and keep all the profits.

How do I get a hard working employee? Can they be trained? Just over time? Can I do anything to increase my chances of getting a better choice of employee? As you can see I am in desperate need of help re: Employees in my art emporium. It is not for a bakery, or a restaurant, or any other retail business except to sell paintings.

Thank you all for any help you can offer...Employees, worth it or not???

there is a cheat code to max out the skills of your employees...you can find the code online somewhere...just google it...but the trick using the cheat and getting them to show up when you try to hire the ones you increased the skills for...another little trick you can is created your own employees put in the cheat to max out all there skills and then save them to gallery...then open the game you are playing and add them to your game then go to your business and click the hire button and they should show up for hire...
    pO5uos8.jpg