Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• Options
    MypilotMypilot Posts: 60 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    nani wrote: »
    No matter how hard they try to push it in the future I will not eat insects. Nope nope n o p e nopety n.o.p.e
    I'd rather eat vegetables

What if there's limited vegetables in the future? 😅

What if you were paid a MILLION dollars
  • Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    Mypilot wrote: »
    No matter how hard they try to push it in the future I will not eat insects. Nope nope n o p e nopety n.o.p.e

You can buy ground dried crickets at the grocery store near me. They recommend adding them to a smoothie. I guess you wouldn't be able to taste them in there. I supposed that wouldn't be the worst way to eat bugs, but I dunno man.
  • Options
    Lyoufln wrote: »

You can buy ground dried crickets at the grocery store near me. They recommend adding them to a smoothie. I guess you wouldn't be able to taste them in there. I supposed that wouldn't be the worst way to eat bugs, but I dunno man.

I've heard that chocolate covered what-have-you apparently tastes just fine, but I think at that point its really just that notion of eating bugs altogether lol
  • Options

I've heard that chocolate covered what-have-you apparently tastes just fine, but I think at that point its really just that notion of eating bugs altogether lol

I agree with you. I can't imagine eating bugs either, even if they were covered in chocolate!
  • Options
    ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member

They aren't too bad.
    unknown.png
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member

To eat the limited vegetables or the insects? I'd eat cooked insects. Just not raw. Haha.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    My Aunt’s cat learned to open doors. Yay.......
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • Options

To eat the limited vegetables or the insects? I'd eat cooked insects. Just not raw. Haha.

To eat the buggies, yes :D
  • Options

Yes, for a million dollars? Even better.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Yeah, I'd prolly do it for a million too. That kind of money can pay for something to wash the nastiness down lol
  • Options

Yeah, I'd prolly do it for a million too. That kind of money can pay for something to wash the nastiness down lol

Hahaha, yes. 1 million is like too nice tho. XD
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I added too much cayenne pepper to my food :s

There is no such thing as too much cayenne pepper.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    gameplay9098gameplay9098 Posts: 7,895 Member
    Yay I did my Algebra and Geography homework
    TS4_x64_2019-06-08_14-58-15_copy.png?width=400&height=203
    Everywhere i go
    I feel the hearts beating
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member

Yay
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    citysimmer wrote: »
    I added too much cayenne pepper to my food :s

There is no such thing as too much cayenne pepper.

There is for me, I guess. I still ate it though.
  • Options
    gameplay9098gameplay9098 Posts: 7,895 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »

Yay

Now for trigonometry, grammar, physics, biology and the last one I don't remember
    TS4_x64_2019-06-08_14-58-15_copy.png?width=400&height=203
    Everywhere i go
    I feel the hearts beating
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member

I went to a "talk" about eating bugs (proved to be a waste of time, unfortunately. The PBS documentary Can Eating Insects Save the World is much better) The speaker did, however, offer a sample of an energy bar made with cricket flour. I ended up spitting it out, although I don't know of that was because it was one of those nasty chewy energy bars, it was really weird flavors (lemongrass and... fennel? I think?) or if it was the cricket flour. I would be open to trying something made from cricket flour again though, but it is very expensive. I'd never bother with those silly novelty insect treats though, according to people who regularly eat insects in the documentary I mentioned, fresh is key. Even in their own counties, there are insects sold by street vendors who are mostly trying to attract tourists for the novelty and even the insect eaters won't eat those.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options

I went to a "talk" about eating bugs (proved to be a waste of time, unfortunately. The PBS documentary Can Eating Insects Save the World is much better) The speaker did, however, offer a sample of an energy bar made with cricket flour. I ended up spitting it out, although I don't know of that was because it was one of those nasty chewy energy bars, it was really weird flavors (lemongrass and... fennel? I think?) or if it was the cricket flour. I would be open to trying something made from cricket flour again though, but it is very expensive. I'd never bother with those silly novelty insect treats though, according to people who regularly eat insects in the documentary I mentioned, fresh is key. Even in their own counties, there are insects sold by street vendors who are mostly trying to attract tourists for the novelty and even the insect eaters won't eat those.

Yeah, the bag of ground crickets was very expensive, and lemongrass mixed fennel does sound pretty bad. I'd spit it out too. I hadn't given it much thought, but freshness of the insect(s) in question sounds like it would make a lot of sense since it applies to most other foods too!
  • Options

Yeah, the bag of ground crickets was very expensive, and lemongrass mixed fennel does sound pretty bad. I'd spit it out too. I hadn't given it much thought, but freshness of the insect(s) in question sounds like it would make a lot of sense since it applies to most other foods too!

That's true, makes sense when you put it like that!
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

Would you want a 6 day work/school week with shorter hours by 2 hours per day or a 4 day work week with 3 more hours per day?

The 6 day one.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

Would you want a 6 day work/school week with shorter hours by 2 hours per day or a 4 day work week with 3 more hours per day?

Well, typically here a work week is 40 hours, with the majority of those being 8 hours, 5 days a week (usually referred to as "the 9-5"), although some places have positions that are 10 hours a day 4 days a week (4 10s). Working three additional hours a day 4 days a week, would put you at overtime, which for 4 additional hours, would be time and a half(in Washington and I believe most other states). So yes, I would down for working 4 extra hours a week if it meant getting 3 days off and time and a half for 4 hours.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Today's Q Q is:

Well, typically here a work week is 40 hours, with the majority of those being 8 hours, 5 days a week (usually referred to as "the 9-5"), although some places have positions that are 10 hours a day 4 days a week (4 10s). Working three additional hours a day 4 days a week, would put you at overtime, which for 4 additional hours, would be time and a half(in Washington and I believe most other states). So yes, I would down for working 4 extra hours a week if it meant getting 3 days off and time and a half for 4 hours.

I like how you did all the math for that. But I never said anything about you getting over time money for that or whatever this time and a half means. XD
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

I like how you did all the math for that. But I never said anything about you getting over time money for that or whatever this time and a half means. XD

It doesn't matter what you say, it's the law here :p
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

But what if my question says in this situation, there's no over time cuz this is the new timing for work? 😂
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

But what if my question says in this situation, there's no over time cuz this is the new timing for work? 😂

It doesn't matter what the new timing is? The law states you can either work no more than 8 hours a day or 40 hours a week before you have to be paid for overtime.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top