Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Organ and music career.

Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
I hesitate to criticize this marvelous pack, but I do wish that the music part of the entertainer career allowed you to substitute organ for the piano. But I guess that they are different enough. Any piano and organ players out there? Obviously reading music is common to both, but does one carry over or does a piano player have to unlearn some piano to play organ and vice versa. I do know that for organ you have to learn to use your feet.

Comments

• Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    I've played piano a bit in real life (mostly, when I was a kid). Also, at school, we went to an educational visit to a church, where someone showed us a huge organ with a lot of pipes, and how it worked.

What I know, is that basically, I suppose, if you can play piano, you would also know something about playing an organ. The keyboards are similar enough. But then, at least that organ I saw, had a lot of different buttons and pedals, too, so to really be able to play the organ, you'd have to know how to use those, too. Which obviously would make it a lot harder than playing piano.

But in this game the organ just seems like a piano with pipes. There doesn't seem to be any pedals or buttons, so I think sims, who have the piano skill should at least learn the organ skill faster and the other way around. I don't know if this happens, but I doubt it.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png