Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My first legacy challenge.

I decide to give this challenge a try. I dunno if I will be able to stick with it for TEN generations. It does change how I play the game a lot.

My founders are now adults. My heiress is a teen who is promised to her high school sweetheart. He comes over every night after school and they do their homework together.

There are two little brothers as well. Part of my play strategy is to make sure they have an inheritance too. I had my founders purchase one of my gardens from the gallery. They are not using this for income at all. The harvest are going to each of the children. The boys are carrying them in their personal inventories. The heiress is storing hers for her future children in her hope chest.

When I move the boys out (which will probably be when the middle son becomes a young adult, and his teen brother will move in with him) what happens in the timeline? If I take some time to play them and get their house built and careers going, will my Legacy Sims continue to age? If so, I don't think I will be able to take the time away.

How do other plyers deal with the siblings that are not part of the challenge?

Comments

• Options
    Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member

When I move the boys out (which will probably be when the middle son becomes a young adult, and his teen brother will move in with him) what happens in the timeline? If I take some time to play them and get their house built and careers going, will my Legacy Sims continue to age? If so, I don't think I will be able to take the time away.

Yes, they would continue aging unless you have it set up so that only lots you don't play are automatically aging. Then your legacy sim would not age unless you are playing that Household. However once or twice I have gotten someone from another household to invite a sim to their birthday party if you go then they will age up but if you don't go they wouldn't. Also, a pregnant sim's pregnancy will still progress even with that option.
    How do other plyers deal with the siblings that are not part of the challenge?

So far I haven't done a legacy for Sims 4 in my TS2 Legacy Family I would move siblings out and then just rotate playing each household. I'm sure there are simmers that just move people out and don't really interact with them that much (sometimes not at all) unless that sim comes to visit or they have a sim go and visit. At least in TS4 they will age up by themselves

The Lockwood Family Tree

• Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Marry/knock/adopt them up and maybe occasionally check on them and see how their descendants do. Fortunately I got a mod so I don't have to invite the next gen over to make sure they continue breeding like the main heirs, but originally I was going to if only just to ensure they would. I like having the extra family lineage going along. <3
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Which aging setting should I be using?
  • Options
    You mean for a REAL legacy challenge or just a general/at your own pace kind or w/e?

If it's for the legit challenge, it'd be normal setting.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    I keep trying to start a legacy but I lose interest before the fourth generation because my sims have too much money.
  • Options
    I actually didnt mean that. I meant the age setting not length.

And I'm playing long life, which I see is going to make this a looooooong challenge. The beauty of Sims is I can make my Challenges my way.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Someday I would love to try doing a Legacy-family on Long. My current family (which is being played very casually barely following the rules at all lol) is being played on Short. I've never gotten past Generation 3 but I'm hoping to break that tradition this time around. Generation 3 was just born into the game so I'm almost past that point at least lol.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    Since the game doesn't do a great job of spawning kids, what do you guys do about that? I put a bunch of kids in Oasis Springs so my kids could have choices.
  • Options
    LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    I have a couple of sims that I saved that are pregnant, 1 with triplets. I generally place these 3 families in my world and then I at least have a few choices.
  • Options
    If you're up for mods, mc command center is a great one to keep your town alive. Otherwise I'd look for the gallery for kids/teens/eligible spouses.
  • Options
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    If you're up for mods, mc command center is a great one to keep your town alive. Otherwise I'd look for the gallery for kids/teens/eligible spouses.

Would it continue to generate families throughout the challenge?
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    I've been playing my legacy for almost 10 months and i'm only on Generation 5. You might reach 10 generations quickly if you play regularly but I mostly play on the weekends because of school and sometimes I won't play, just build.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »

Would it continue to generate families throughout the challenge?

Yes, its really cool to see other families especially the premades grow up with your sims and have children of their own in their own mini legacy.
  • Options
    The families continue their own lines and worse comes to worse spare house spots can get filled by drafting generated townies.
  • Options
    I will look into it, thanks!
  • Options
    LaceyroseLaceyrose Posts: 587 Member

I play Pinstar's Legacy .. which has some strict rules .. but I love my Legacy games.. because Sims gets boring for me otherwise. @Inna Minnit
    As a result of the culling of the population in the Sims world, Pinstar has opened and allowed for certain sims to be ok to move from the gallery to re-populate empty non-played households. In my legacy game, I play Strict Patriarchy, which means that only the males are heirs.
    Pinstar has other options different from what I play too. Right now, my 2nd generation has just became a teen.
    And when and if there are brothers and sisters born along with the heir.. they are called ' spares ' .. I normally grow up ' spares ' just like I do with the heir..
    I let them marry.. have a kid, then move them out and, nor I do rotate and play them..
  • Options
    I'm too much of a rebel to play strictly by someone else's rule :)
  • Options
    KianaisloveKianaislove Posts: 126 Member
    Legacy's are by far my favorite! and now that they've added toddlers... OMG I could just about die!!!!!!! :)
  • Options
    NimieNimie Posts: 206 Member
    For me it's too difficult to stick 10 generations, in my actual legacy I'm in the 5th one but switch between my game saves
  • Options
    So my heiress is promised to her high school sweetheart. He has aged to young adult a few days before she will. What happens now? Are they still promised?
  • Options
    Yeah but fyi there might be a glitch that prevents you from marrying them once they're both YA. If that happens, just "ask to be just friends" and start the romance again.
  • Options
    LaceyroseLaceyrose Posts: 587 Member
    Ive had the same thing happen in my Legacy.. my teen / heir became romantic with his sweetheart .. they became BF/GF .. and she is in the family club.. but, she has aged to young adult now.. he has no romantic notions for her.. but she still does... in fact, she kissed him after turning YA.. and will even flirt with him, but to him, there is nothing special going on between them now.
  • Options
    I made him with a soulmate aspiration and romantic trait so hopefully he will get with the program. If not, I made a few options for her.
  • Options
    My founder was abducted and came back pregnant. I am not happy.
  • Options
    LOL. You can always just send the alien back to its own kind if you don't want it. Game just deletes it from the family line.