Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why can't our Sick Sims go to the hospital?

Comments

• Options
    PhreshxxxBearPhreshxxxBear Posts: 14 New Member
    I'd also like to see the entire doctor career reworked. I love being a doctor, but I hate that my sim is the only sim actually doing anything when they go to work!
  • Options
    MerrierSimmetryMerrierSimmetry Posts: 38 Member
    Ordered the cure all panacea via computer, but then my sim was dazed for awhile because the sim took the whole bottle ...what?!
    How can I get sims to take only the proper amount?
  • Options
    BooV7227BooV7227 Posts: 282 Member
    I'd love to see an option in the second trimester to go to the hospital for a sonogram/ultrasound! You could see ahead of time whether it was 1, 2, or 3 babies, and what the gender(s) was.

If illnesses progressively got worse without treatment, it would be a compromise for players who want to cure their sims with oj/tea/cough syrup quickly, while players who want it to mean more could just ignore the initial symptoms until their sim was sick enough to require hospital care.
    tCTe03l.png
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I think this should be in feedback as well as here great idea
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Yes! Would love this!

I'm also one of those sickos who kind of wishes some illnesses wouldn't go away, or were even fatal, if not properly treated...
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I'd like to be able to visit all the GTW lots, especially the science venue which is a collector's paradise. We don't always want to play those careers, but that's no reason why we shouldn't have access to those lots.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    I'd like to be able to visit all the GTW lots, especially the science venue which is a collector's paradise. We don't always want to play those careers, but that's no reason why we shouldn't have access to those lots.

Exactly
  • Options
    mesonwunemesonwune Posts: 13 New Member
    > @PhreshxxxBear said:
    > I'd also like to see the entire doctor career reworked. I love being a doctor, but I hate that my sim is the only sim actually doing anything when they go to work!

This is an example of my many frustrations with this game. It should all be intersecting (do you get what I mean?). Like if I can work at a police dept, I should be able to go to a police dept.

Also, make it less happy. Like I feel like I'm trapped in some fairy tale and a talking animal is gonna pop out and say they love me or somethin'... give me ANGST, SADNESS, DEATH, FEAR (not tense, FEAR), etc....
  • Options
    TubbieHeadTubbieHead Posts: 48 Member
    One of the reasons I hate the Get to Work EP. In theory it would have been awesome (and I loved the equivalent in Sims 2), so I had high hopes for it but it ended up just so unfinished and lacking detail/usefulness.
  • Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    Like that is the purpose, we have a hospital and they should be able to go there and get medicine.

agreed, that's why I love CC it shows everything they could have made it be :( if someone was capable of making a fully functioning school mod in TS2 then the sims should be able now to patch this in somehow.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    Diegato314Diegato314 Posts: 7 New Member
    Yeah man, i dont know if this is stupid but i created a single sim without family because its easier. My sim friends came to visit me but when i was talking to one he had smoke coming out from his ears. i know that is illness and i cant even get him to hospital. that friend of my sim is part of another sim family and i tried to control him to go to hospital but no i cant get him to hospital i hope they allow people to go
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The medical career and hospital are created and programed for the Doctor career, not being a patient.

I would love a human clinic similar to the new vet career where we are the doctor, we buy the clinic, we hire/fire staff and we treat patients. We have everything we need but a little programing fix. We have the illnesses and equipment. We have the programing.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,759 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    The medical career and hospital are created and programed for the Doctor career, not being a patient.

I would love a human clinic similar to the new vet career where we are the doctor, we buy the clinic, we hire/fire staff and we treat patients. We have everything we need but a little programing fix. We have the illnesses and equipment. We have the programing.

"not being a patient"? might I point out our PREGNANT sims that we're PLAYING *can* go to the hospital when they're in labour. So there's no reason why are *sick* sims can't go to the hospital.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ari100ari100 Posts: 74 Member
    Yes, it's these kinds of things which I wonder why they were not put in the game in the first place. It's so obvious.
  • Options
    LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    edited November 2017
    If enough people nag about it, then maybe it might happen... maybe.. probably not.

But seriously this should already be an option!!

Edit: I'd also like to be able to run a little home clinic sort of like a gp no surgery or major things like that just shots and medication. Have a functional doctors office.

Also not one medicine fits all kind of thing. Go to the gp to find out what's wrong then buy the right medicine. Or just let us go to the hospital. Referrals!?

I love the doctors career it's a shame it's being neglected.
  • Options
    Mels123Mels123 Posts: 8 New Member
    I think it’s so silly this isn’t already an option. I definitely agree we should be able to send sick sims to the hospital and get check ups for pregnant sims! Great ideas!
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    Mels123 wrote: »
    I think it’s so silly this isn’t already an option. I definitely agree we should be able to send sick sims to the hospital and get check ups for pregnant sims! Great ideas!

Pregnancy would be perfect. Like sims could take vitamins, learn the sex of their baby and ect.

Also if we can order medicine, sims should be able to get shots or ect. it was part of The Sims 3 if they worked in the career.
  • Options
    storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    I didn't even think about that disconnect until I saw this thread, and it makes complete sense. I wonder why it wasn't already like that?
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I'm a little irritated that pets can go to the vets but Sims can't go to the doctors when sick I really need an explanation.
  • Options
    aria34556aria34556 Posts: 26 Member
    on top of that with GTW i feel like there should have been house robberies since we had a police station and maybe our sims could do some jail time?i mean come on.
  • Options
    JaysimsJaysims Posts: 209 Member
    I don’t know if anyone mentioned this yet but—

All sims should be able to go in for check ups as well.

And I don’t like the way Sims give birth at the hospital lol it’s so bizarre. I mean I know this is the Sims we’re talking about but still something needs to be done.

• Options
    jessthesimmerjessthesimmer Posts: 15 Member
    I also wish the game had a bigger chance of death. Like I don't really understand the point of your sim being able to get sick if it's nothing more than an uncomfortable moodlet. You would think that if you let it go untreated they would get deathly ill and maybe even die, but that's not the case.
  • Options
    UzumakiBrandonUzumakiBrandon Posts: 20 Member
    Yea,buying medicines and just completely curing is unrealistic.I would like to also have more severe illnesses such as leg injury doing school time,and alot more,i would not want to mention as its probably too inappropriate.Probably add a option like visit sim in hospital to cheer them up!