Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Love the game, BUT jobs in TS4? :-/

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    edited March 2017
    ts1depot wrote: »
    So let me start off by saying that I've been switching back and forth between Sims 1, 3 and 4 and every time I return to 4, I fall in love with it. I love the visuals, the immersiveness, the character design, the lighting, the EPs and SPs you've offered so far. I think that Clubs are the best and most underrated addition to the sims franchise. I'm also happy to hear that the political career is back.

BUT...

I am kind of disappointed in the job aspect of the game. It's not just because staples like the military and education track are still missing. Something about jobs in this iteration feels underdeveloped. AFAIK, unlike previous Sims, adults have no option to work at part time jobs like they used to in the past. I can't speak for anyone else, but I've always had adults in my games working those types of jobs as well and I feel like my gameplay is being limited now that they're missing.

Some of the job offerings seem redundant, like variations on or extensions of a preexisting career track. Critic, IMO, should've been branches of the Writer career, IMO.

I'm also not fond of how heavily skewed everything is towards web 2.0./social media/creative, etc. I get it. This is the Facebook/Instagram/Twitter generation but how about bringing back more traditional professions for the rest of us or for people who want to play sims in more traditional jobs? And please bring back military and education.

I like the idea of multiple branches because I have a household of sims and the Father is in the theatric career and he got to the point where he could choose the comedy or musician career and I had in mind for him to be a musician. My problem with it is he seems like he's going to be a symphonic musician and not a rock star like the tattoos all over his body sugest he should be. Does he get another chance to choose to be a rock star at some point I'm getting the impression he isn't because for his work requirements he had to reach level 2 in the piano skill? (I wasn't rich enough to buy a piano so had to have him visit the gallery and I multi-tasked and had him take a date along) I'm asking cause I've just been playing for a few days now as I just got the game earlier this week.
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Supringsly or to no suprise: Why didn't we get the base games careers as all of them active ones? That would have made the game at least somehow a good hit in gameplay aspect. Get to work has too very little jobs. I wish'd too see workplaces, but no... broken emotions and flawed multitasking is way more important.

Good question that would have been awesome. I have just the base game and I do like how we have more control over their jobs because we have more options like have them talk to their coworkers and depedning on their mood be flirty or even joke with them. I also like the choices they give for different sceanarios they are different and harder than the ones in 3. That being said though, like you, I'd like to actually be in the office of my busines career Sim or see my culinary sim get in a fight with the other cooks (I'm thinking like Hell's kitchen). I'd like to see if I could figure out who to make friends with to start climbing that corprorate ladder. I think it would be cool to take a nap and see my sim get busted for doing it. I also would like to see part time jobs cause I'd like to give a sim two part jobs.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Blargian wrote: »
    @MidnightAura I love the daily tasks! Makes the careers much more realistic and immersive :)

I only have the base game but I'm loving that my criminal in the criminal career track can walk up to people and pick pocket them. I love going to different lots and picking the pockets of the other sims in the lot and this also helps her build her career skills. I just wish I could corrupt my other family members in the household and set up a scam and con somebody out of their money. It would be neat if there was a pool hall and I had my sim pretend to suck at pool and then challange some hot heads to a game and beat them then if they'd want to fight id send in my jock sim to beat them up and shake them down for the money. lol If there was an open world id be able to easily lot hop so i could change up my sims location so as not to get caught when picking pockets.
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    I do miss part time job. I often use it as a challenge, a single mother/father with at least 1 child and 1 toddler move in a empty lot and the single parent have only a part time job. Really challenging but i love that.
  • Options
    I do miss part time job. I often use it as a challenge, a single mother/father with at least 1 child and 1 toddler move in a empty lot and the single parent have only a part time job. Really challenging but i love that.

Cool so is this the sigle parent challange? Too bad we dont have a few part time jobs I'd try this out.
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    Jenzup wrote: »

Cool so is this the sigle parent challange? Too bad we dont have a few part time jobs I'd try this out.

So i've checked the single parent challenge, it's a bit like that ^^
    Most of the time i take the biggest lot, so they don't have lots of money to start with, just enough for a small house and the single parent take a part time job and have to deal with the toddler and the child, the bills and upgrading the house the best as they can.
    i really like playing this way, so i really miss part time job, mostly because now my sims must take a normal job and i must make sure that they don't get promoted (and this is even harder :D )
    I had try the same thing but with only a teen with a child to take care, so no parent, it's a bit hard too (my sims didn't manage to pay her bills most of the time :D ) Now that toddler are here, i will try with a teen, a child and a toddler ^^
  • Options
    ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    I could do with more jobs to choose from, not least because of the excruciating and time consuming homework.

I know it's not essential to do it but I like to see my Sims getting promoted reasonably quickly, so I persevere. BUT, so many of the little home projects involve the use of a computer which my Sims can't always afford at first and it's not much fun sitting watching a Sim playing about on one. Plus the little wretches might decide to donate money to 'charity' when I'm trying to save up to buy them a decent oven.

As for the amount of cooking, painting and working out required for some of the other careers - there just aren't enough hours in a day.

I'd welcome some of the bog standard careers that we had in Sims 1 and 2. Especially the career that included Shepherdess in Sims 1. The outfit for that was so cute :)

My Sims never worked in Sims 3 because I could take them out all day to play in the open neighbourhood and make a fortune collecting and fishing. In Sims 4 it can be a relief to be able to pack them off to work because there's less for them to do in their free time, so decent and varied careers could make a heck of a difference to a player's enjoyment of the game.

Don't feed the trolls
  • Options
    YellebYelleb Posts: 156 Member
    I miss having a wide variety of jobs to pick from, too. I don't use cheats, so my Sims have to work for their money, and grinding to get promotions in the same career twenty different times with twenty different Sims is pretty excruciatingly boring.
  • Options
    LostSaintLostSaint Posts: 8 New Member
    I do miss the military job. The only Sim I remember playing from earlier games was a military man. I wish we would have had military instead of astronaut!
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Yes, More new jobs are needed so much in this game. I appreciate they added critic, politician & social media careers with City Life. I believe with every E.P/G.P more jobs should come with it. Get to Work was a huge let down for me with only 3 new jobs?! lol
    Sure, you can follow your sim to work and do the same redundant tasks for eternity but with only 3 choices.. it got boring real quick. I want more blue collar jobs so badly. There are not enough options for all the sims I have. I don't want more then 6 played sims doing the same job, but there isn't enough to choose from.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3