Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Release date for bowling pack?

Comments

• Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    edited February 2017
    @Dreamie209 Nope I remember having a a place that had a photobooth/bowling alley/ arcade and somewhere to eat at. It was called stars and strikes. I used to love going there <3 Although I mostly went for the arcade :D . I went bowling one time and was horrible at it. They also had lazer tag.
  • Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    @SimGuruGraham If the Bowling Stuff Pack isn't coming out until the Spring quarter, why the heck did you announce it in the Winter quarter release trailer?

Business quarters are not divided by season. Quarter one (the one we're in now) spans from the start of January (Winter) until the end of March (Spring). Second quarter starts in April.
    So since the trailer said it was going to be in spring, the release date has to be somewhere between March 20th (the first day of the spring where EA is based) and march 28th, since that would mark the end of this quarter.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    @SimGuruGraham If the Bowling Stuff Pack isn't coming out until the Spring quarter, why the heck did you announce it in the Winter quarter release trailer?

Late March is still this quarter :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    LadyJester wrote: »
    @Dreamie209 Nope I remember having a a place that had a photobooth/bowling alley/ arcade and somewhere to eat at. It was called stars and strikes. I used to love going there <3 Although I mostly went for the arcade :D . I went bowling one time and was horrible at it. They also had lazer tag.

good to know :smiley: . I thought my local bowling alley was the odd one for a second :lol:
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,432 Member
    Linamints wrote: »

Business quarters are not divided by season. Quarter one (the one we're in now) spans from the start of January (Winter) until the end of March (Spring). Second quarter starts in April.
    So since the trailer said it was going to be in spring, the release date has to be somewhere between March 20th (the first day of the spring where EA is based) and march 28th, since that would mark the end of this quarter.

It can be as early as March 1.
  • Options
    MaddisMaddis Posts: 137 Member
    edited February 2017
    Linamints wrote: »

Just a little Funfact...we're inside Quarter 4 2017 right now :smiley: Next Quarter (starts 1st April) is Q1 2018 :wink:
    The EA Fiscal Year starts in the beginning of April and ends in March.
  • Options
    altkt075altkt075 Posts: 97 Member
    I hope toddlers can bowl. They can have them use that rack that you put the ball on top and it rolls down. That would be so cute!!!!
  • Options
    chrstal27chrstal27 Posts: 75 Member
    Conclue wrote: »
    I don't understand why people are complaining about bowling for a stuff pack! :o I really don't get it. Stuff Packs used to be just packs of stuff for 20 bucks now for 10 it adds some gameplay item (or items depending on their complexity) and it suits a purpose.

To make a bowling alley what do you really need? The object. That's really it. There's already other things released that would go with it (bars, clubs, restaurants...) I think it's a perfect idea for a Stuff Pack!

Eh, we got bowling, dating/outings, turn offs/ons, attraction, night clubs, cars, karaoke, Vampires etc with Nightlife in one expansion for $35-$40 in Sims 2. Perhaps I am spoiled but I feel more like I'm being ripped off.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited February 2017
    chrstal27 wrote: »
    I don't understand why people are complaining about bowling for a stuff pack! :o I really don't get it. Stuff Packs used to be just packs of stuff for 20 bucks now for 10 it adds some gameplay item (or items depending on their complexity) and it suits a purpose.

To make a bowling alley what do you really need? The object. That's really it. There's already other things released that would go with it (bars, clubs, restaurants...) I think it's a perfect idea for a Stuff Pack!

Eh, we got bowling, dating/outings, turn offs/ons, attraction, night clubs, cars, karaoke, Vampires etc with Nightlife in one expansion for $35-$40 in Sims 2. Perhaps I am spoiled but I feel more like I'm being ripped off.

I think the end result is that you get a much better vampire, because that is where their focus is. It is not split between other supernaturals and other things. I think that will also be true for bowling.

The Sims, with the exception of Sims 1, who only offered EP's, has always been costly. It is more of a hobby then a game. But I feel that the 10 dollars for a SP or 20 dollars for a GP seem much more reasonable then the SP's and the store in the past. EP's, GP's, and SP's can be found on sale frequently. That is a option. I have paid 20 dollars for a EP just by waiting a little bit after it came out.
    Post edited by Katlyn2525 on
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member

but just bowling? why not make it a Sports/recreational pack?

Like, is soccer going to get it's own pack? Archery? Volleyball? Football? Baseball? No... just bowling. like what's so great about bowling besides you being able to ogle some eye-candy.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    MasonGamer wrote: »

Like, is soccer going to get it's own pack? Archery? Volleyball? Football? Baseball? No... just bowling. like what's so great about bowling besides you being able to ogle some eye-candy.

Volleyball + Football + Baseball = a team sports pack, and big enough as a concept for a GP. SP gameplay is stuff that isn't big enough for a GP or that they don't necessarily see a cohesive GP for it coming up in the schedule for but this way, we can get the gameplay now, not maybe three years from now if ever. GPs are a six-month development schedule. SPs seem to be a lot less, so we can get more of them.

And if all you see in bowling is eye-candy, don't get it? I see social fun, party ideas, probably skill development. Bowling can be a regular thing for Sims who take it seriously, or a one-off for a bunch of workmates out for "team building". (For the record: My husband's company goes bowling maybe once a year. He comes home confused because he won. I laugh at him.) It could be a family activity. You could focus on the bowling itself or on hanging at a venue. Way more than eye-candy potential there! But yeah, if that's all you think bowling is good for, then maybe it's good that it's an SP and easier to avoid. A GP with the things you want would be cohesive and not watered-down with bowling.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    The only thing I have seen is the basketball hoop, which cannot be played as a team sport. If soccer could be played as a team sport, it would be worth the money. I would spend it without a problem. Same goes for the rest. We have never really had team sports in the sims game, with the exception of bowling. I imagine it reguires a lot of coding and animation to make it work. So if it comes out individually or in a EP it might be worth the price. No one knows that at this point.
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    Hmm. Well, FWIW, I have never seen a photo booth outside of either a carnival or a shopping mall, and quite rarely at that. I guess they're just not really a thing around here.

As for 'Why bowling?' -- I think that's actually fairly easy to explain. Bowling lends itself to a game like The Sims much more than most other sports that have been mentioned here. It's confined to a specific area, the lanes, and involves basically the same motions for each participant, over the same area. Get ball, take stance, walk forward, swing ball, release. That makes it a whole lot easier/more practical to animate than say, soccer with teams of people on an open field running all-over the place, kicking and bouncing a ball all over.

There's much more 'certainty' in bowling and a much more limited set of motions. Soccer is so much more chaotic. Likewise, that's why we have a basketball hoop, but no team basketball. US football has the same issue. Baseball is actually a bit more predictable, so more feasible than soccer or football, but still . . . I don't know if I'd expect it to come to the Sims anytime soon.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »

That is kind of what I'm wondering. What is in the bowling pack besides the bowling alley itself that makes this pack worth it. I rarely used it with S3, because well it came with University, which can take up all your time if you want it to. I hope they go ahead and make a bowling alley for it and if they released it with an empty world to fill up then that might make things more interesting since it would be nice to have more space. I actually was wondering about if anyone had posted a link or knew kind of anything that is in it besides the alley? :)
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Ayradyss wrote: »
    Hmm. Well, FWIW, I have never seen a photo booth outside of either a carnival or a shopping mall, and quite rarely at that. I guess they're just not really a thing around here.

As for 'Why bowling?' -- I think that's actually fairly easy to explain. Bowling lends itself to a game like The Sims much more than most other sports that have been mentioned here. It's confined to a specific area, the lanes, and involves basically the same motions for each participant, over the same area. Get ball, take stance, walk forward, swing ball, release. That makes it a whole lot easier/more practical to animate than say, soccer with teams of people on an open field running all-over the place, kicking and bouncing a ball all over.

There's much more 'certainty' in bowling and a much more limited set of motions. Soccer is so much more chaotic. Likewise, that's why we have a basketball hoop, but no team basketball. US football has the same issue. Baseball is actually a bit more predictable, so more feasible than soccer or football, but still . . . I don't know if I'd expect it to come to the Sims anytime soon.

What if at some point they add many of the sports and then later add an arena and add to the sports we already have and cause more interactions and cause the sports career to be more interactive than in S3? It would be neat. I'm sure they could put something together.
  • Options
    Ayradyss wrote: »

Plus bowling is a great date night activity.
  • Options
    Next week is the last week of February. Maybe we ll get the trailer and announcement then.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    When MH came out I was ecstatic because I thought we would be able to functional movie theaters. I was dead wrong. I no longer do makeshift lots because they are not functional in the way I want them to be. So I hope that this time around they include a bowling venue so we can have functional bowling alleys.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    When MH came out I was ecstatic because I thought we would be able to functional movie theaters. I was dead wrong. I no longer do makeshift lots because they are not functional in the way I want them to be. So I hope that this time around they include a bowling venue so we can have functional bowling alleys.

Surely this will include an actual bowling venue
  • Options
    TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member

Surely this will include an actual bowling venue

I don't know about "surely", but I seriously hope it is included, or I might have to rethink whether or not to buy it.
  • Options
    RedRose112RedRose112 Posts: 11 New Member
  • Options
    RedRose112RedRose112 Posts: 11 New Member
    Oops Cat stood on the keyboard, I really hope they bring out a pets expansion I really liked that one from the sims 3
  • Options
    simmisammisimmisammi Posts: 63 Member
    This is the first time I'm hearing of a bowling stuff pack... It does sound a bit interesting, but at the same time slightly disappointing to me that there isn't something else with it (but isn't that how stuff packs normally go?) Also: what do the quarters mean? What do they have to do with when things are created/and or released? :|
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    simmisammi wrote: »
    This is the first time I'm hearing of a bowling stuff pack... It does sound a bit interesting, but at the same time slightly disappointing to me that there isn't something else with it (but isn't that how stuff packs normally go?) Also: what do the quarters mean? What do they have to do with when things are created/and or released? :|

We don't know yet if something else will be included with it. All we know is that it's bowling, released in Spring but this quarter, so probably late March.

Each fiscal quarter (January-March, April-June, July-September, October-December), we get a "teaser" to give us a heads-up on what packs are coming out that quarter, how big they are (EP, GP, SP), and about when, so Simmers can plan ahead a bit. It comes out near the beginning of the quarter, and is really just barebones: a bit of CAS, a sense of the theme, etc. They get posted in the Sims 4 blog and picked apart here :smiley: