Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Requests for a World to come in TS4 Seasons!

the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
edited February 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
So, if / when we get Seasons, I would love for there to be a world full of hills and ponds so that we can go skiing, sledging, snowboarding, and ice skating. I'm not asking for massive mountains (but that would be awesome) just small hills in the world, so that we can perform these Winter Activities! Also hopefully this would be a great way to include terrain tools, so that we can create hills and ponds on our lots as well!

maxresdefault.jpgAurora-Sledding-Hill.jpg

Also, I'd love for there to be an ocean that has the proper terrain, unlike the sea in Windenberg, so that we can swim in them in the Summer (This could also come with a beach venue)

Edit: Just to clarify, this is only a world that comes along with the expansion pack, I'm still expecting seasons and weather to come to every other world as well, this just helps to show off what new features comes along with the expansion.

Comments

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    While I would like a new world with seasons, I'd say seasons in the existing world is even more important to me. :)
  • Options
    Neia wrote: »
    While I would like a new world with seasons, I'd say seasons in the existing world is even more important to me. :)

Oh sorry, I probably should have clarified, this is just a world that comes with the Seasons Expansion Pack, I'm assuming that Seasons and Weather would be in every world too, this world is just here to show off what you can do in the expansion pack! :smiley:
  • Options
    CountFavCountFav Posts: 352 Member
    @dansneller From what I've read a terrain tool doesn't sound possible :( but I was thinking, imagine if there was a mountain/hill object to use for winter sports?

This object would be quite big like 20x20 or 30x30 and the same height as a 3 or 4 level building (etc) it could have different flavours, "ski slope, sledging hill, snow board slope etc" and a chair lift maybe? Simply place it on a lot and send your sims off skiing!

And in a similar way to apartments, maybe there could be a mountain with 5 or so flat ledges to build cabins and houses on. So the bulk of the mountain would be like an 'apartment shell' but not have apartment rooms more the penthouse style where you can build what you want. The open areas could be a twisting mountain path to each lot/viewing areas.

You could then combine these two things and have one part of the mountain as a ski area, above that a natural spring for swimming, and the next ledge as a log cabin over looking the little village below (etc). The village could be like like a mini ski resort, hotels b&b's, sports equipment shop etc etc.

Instead of a man made ice skating ring, how about a frozen pond/lake to skate on.

Also, a hidden area could be a beautiful ice cave, (hidden easter eggs in the ice haha hello freezer bunny) it could have a thermal spring, collectables, a build-able area maybe stuff to explore?

I wouldn't mind if seasons came with two new worlds, each with two neighbourhood/areas.

1- Snowy mountain ski town (area 1 is the mountain stated above, area 2 would be the village below by a lake or whatever) [hidden ice cave]

2- Sandy beach resort (area 1 community beach front/boardwalk with hotels, surf school, beach huts/bar volley ball, area 2 could be private beach front homes or little islands?) [hidden under water cave?]
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited February 2017
    I'm two-sided about this.
    I'd prefer that the devs focus all their time on creating really great weather for all worlds (and not the same in every world - it could be snowing in Windenburg but sunny in San Myshuno; Oasis Springs should never get snow etc.), and creating amazing gameplay for each season and the weather in general. Seasons on its own isn't enough, because it's just scenery - we need tons of stuff to do (including family play like playing catch and playing in the ocean together etc.), detail and deeper gameplay. If they divert a lot of their resources to making a world, we might end up with a cool world and relatively flat play...
    BUT there would need to be an ocean for summer, a festival lot and places to enjoy the new things to do, like skating on ponds, thus they would probably need to bring a new world into the EP.
    Thus, to meet my two thoughts in the middle, I'd say they should include a smallish world that offers places to try out the new stuff, but not go too extravagant so they can focus mostly on making the EP fun. When I think of this world, I see a cute sea-side town with a white-sand beach, a few palm trees, surfboard fences and small colourful huts and houses across from the sea. In the center of the town, there is a library that resembles Sunset Valley's City Hall, as well as a few community lots such as little colourful coffee shops, a pub and a breezy gym. (A laundromat here would also be cute and thus the return of laundry.) A neighbourhood with middle class houses facing the beach is to the right of the center, and on the left, there is a neighbourhood with mansions facing the ocean. Throughout the world and both the residential neighbourhoods, there are small and medium-sized open grass stretches that are neatly fenced by rows of trees. These public spaces create lovely places to play games and sports (soccer!!!), have picnics and enjoy the day. Maybe there could be neighbourhood grills or cooking competitions here sometimes, and when Pets come, you could see sims walking their dogs here.
    At the back of the world, there would be a big neighbourhood with two lots. On the left, there is a normal park lot (about 30x30), and on the right, there is a bigger lot (about 40x50) which is the festival grounds. This is where the seasonal festivals take place, so as to 1) not destroy a park by overriding it and thus having sims never be able to actually go to the park because the festivals are for the whole season *cough Sims 3* and 2) since "festival grounds" would become a lot type, you can build your own in other worlds. Both of these lots would be fenced by neat rows of trees. On the left-hand side of the park lot, in public space, there is a lake where sims can swim and fish in the summer and skate on in the winter.
    This world isn't very large, but it offers enough space to be able to comfortably live in and take full advantage of all the features of Seasons. The world is also a perfect place to have families, so it would be fun to have.

I got so carried away with describing the world that I drew a map. Yeah, I like creating worlds in my head.
    map_zpscyaji1tu.png
    Key because my drawing is awful:
    Dark green circles = trees
    Brown circles = houses/community lots
    White squares = park and festival grounds
    Blue = water (ocean and lake)
    Beige around the water bottom right = beach
    Colourful dots around beach = small colourful beach houses and beach-side community lots (shops/restaurants/cafe's)

Lol well okay yeah I vote for a world to come with Seasons :lol: *thumbs up*
    Post edited by Louise_G0325 on
  • Options
    CountFav wrote: »
    @dansneller From what I've read a terrain tool doesn't sound possible :( but I was thinking, imagine if there was a mountain/hill object to use for winter sports?

This object would be quite big like 20x20 or 30x30 and the same height as a 3 or 4 level building (etc) it could have different flavours, "ski slope, sledging hill, snow board slope etc" and a chair lift maybe? Simply place it on a lot and send your sims off skiing!

If we can't have terrain tools, then I'd be ok with just an object - I guess that would make it easier to animate! I really hope if that's the case, that we would get loads of winter activities like tobogganing, skiing, snowboarding, (snowmobiling?)
    I'm two-sided about this.
    It could be snowing in Windenburg but sunny in San Myshuno; Oasis Springs should never get snow etc.

I hope that we have the option to choose what seasons / weather occurs in each town, rather then per save. Because although I would want winter in Windenberg and Willow Creek, like you said I would hate to have snow in Oasis Springs!
    map_zpscyaji1tu.png

I love the sound of this town, it has such a Sims 3 Styled World vibe! We definitely need more worlds like this in The Sims 4!!
  • Options
    @dansneller Obviously I'd like terrain tools too, I miss being able to make hours on hills etc.

I remembered finding this fan made map of the old Vacation world, ironically it covers my idea 'sort of' by having the big snowy lots where we could have 'snow mountains/hills' and cabins, and the village below the mountain.

And yeah I hope we get to choose the weather too, I think in Sims 2 you have the four seasons dial, and for places like strange town I always chose sunny weather, Three Lakes it always rained, Belladonna Cove had all four seasons etc. I'd like to have the option again.

15b_by_filipesims-dao5pqh.jpg
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member

In thinking about the way Sims 3 was done, there should be no conflict
    You could do a handful of things outside of the designated festival lot but the "fun stuff" was all tied to the lot.

Umbrellas, trick or treating and snowball fights aren't that labor intensive.
    There should indeed be a new world that changes with the Seasons

All other places basically just get weather,
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I would Like a world that gets a little bit of everything.

100ºF hot Summers, to Below 0ºF Winters.
    in neighborhood 1 I want a Downtown with a Tower that is the focal point.
    1ab2331b281c72fbb06bcef4cd62bf7a.jpg
    and lower level apartments all in one building
    -A large park in the Square probably have the size of Central park in New York.
    -and lined around the park are venues and retail/restaurant and more apartments. on the south end of the Park is a Sea wall.

For the other neighborhoods that surround Down town I want a Suburban
    latest?cb=20160911214509

a more rural neighborhood.

and a more Woodsy Private Neighborhood where the lots are spaced out, I want a huge lake and mountains in the distance, but close enough that sims can traverse the mountainous terrain Look up Canadian Lakes and thats kind of what I want.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    MasonGamer wrote: »

-and lined around the park are venues and retail/restaurant and more apartments. on the south end of the Park is a Sea wall.

latest?cb=20160911214509

and a more Woodsy Private Neighborhood where the lots are spaced out, I want a huge lake and mountains in the distance, but close enough that sims can traverse the mountainous terrain Look up Canadian Lakes and thats kind of what I want.

Do you live in Boston or just like the John 🐸🐸🐸🐸 building?

EDIT:
    Signers of the Decalartion of Independence are censored on the Sims forum?

The irony.
  • Options
    @MasonGamer A down town with a big tower like that would be cool (it would a nice touch if it was styled off the Sims 3 towers)

latest?cb=20101108025158
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Uzone27 wrote: »

latest?cb=20160911214509

Do you live in Boston or just like the John plum building?

EDIT:

The irony.

It's actually The Woolworth Tower in New York City... and I'm obsessed with it!!!
    I would love to design a penthouse in the sims on the top floor.
    @MasonGamer A down town with a big tower like that would be cool (it would a nice touch if it was styled off the Sims 3 towers)

latest?cb=20101108025158

Plasma 501, now there was a crown jewel, I loved the base architecture not so much the actual tower. but I would really want them to design a tower based off Woolworth. That's why I don't Like San Myshuno it's too modern.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options

latest?cb=20160911214509

Do you live in Boston or just like the John plum building?

EDIT:

The irony.

It's actually The Woolworth Tower in New York City... and I'm obsessed with it!!!
    I would love to design a penthouse in the sims on the top floor.

latest?cb=20101108025158

Plasma 501, now there was a crown jewel, I loved the base architecture not so much the actual tower. but I would really want them to design a tower based off Woolworth. That's why I don't Like San Myshuno it's too modern.

How embarrassing. I grew uo in Manhattan and have lived in Boston for years.
    I must be going senile. B)
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited February 2017

You could do a handful of things outside of the designated festival lot but the "fun stuff" was all tied to the lot.

SimGuruGraham has explained once why TS3 Seasons didn't have a new world, and it was because of the amount of work needed to make Seasons work in all the other world. They had to make a choice, and they chose Seasons in all the worlds. If they have to make the same kind of choice for TS4, I would like them to choose the same one, because Seasons in all the worlds is more important for me than a new world.
  • Options
    @Neia I could live with that (And hopefully a world would be added with a future game pack/free update)
  • Options

SimGuruGraham has explained once why TS3 Seasons didn't have a new world, and it was because of the amount of work needed to make Seasons work in all the other world. They had to make a choice, and they chose Seasons in all the worlds. If they have to make the same kind of choice for TS4, I would like them to choose the same one, because Seasons in all the worlds is more important for me than a new world.

Makes sense if the focus is seasons you would choose seasons before anything else
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    dansneller wrote: »
    So, if / when we get Seasons, I would love for there to be a world full of hills and ponds so that we can go skiing, sledging, snowboarding, and ice skating. I'm not asking for massive mountains (but that would be awesome) just small hills in the world, so that we can perform these Winter Activities! Also hopefully this would be a great way to include terrain tools, so that we can create hills and ponds on our lots as well!

maxresdefault.jpgAurora-Sledding-Hill.jpg

Also, I'd love for there to be an ocean that has the proper terrain, unlike the sea in Windenberg, so that we can swim in them in the Summer (This could also come with a beach venue)

Edit: Just to clarify, this is only a world that comes along with the expansion pack, I'm still expecting seasons and weather to come to every other world as well, this just helps to show off what new features comes along with the expansion.

Agreed.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

That was in TS3 though. TS4's engine is different but if they have to choose for TS4 I choose seasons in every world.
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    I'd like an alpine style world with high mountains and a skiing resort that would be a great place to celebrate Christmas, buy things at the local Christmas Market, and drink hot wine and eat gingerbread in front of a warm fireplace. And in other seasons, sims could go there for hiking and fishing.
    And there would be seasons in all worlds too, but I'd like a European inspired world that looks magical in Winter.