Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best way to leave University

It's been a while since I played Uni - wasn't paying attention and missed the graduation ceremony - received diploma but now I can't leave... van shows up, sim gets in van, van disappears but no loading screen - still in Uni but Sim's picture is gone. @igazor - is there some magic Nraas fix for this?

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2017
    The grand triple play of mods without which I would never travel my sims in any way, to and from Uni included: Traveler, Overwatch, and ErrorTrap.

If all else fails, I hope you have prior saves while still in Uni you can try reverting play to without having to redo the entire semester.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited February 2017
    I have all of those - and my last save was the prompted save just before leaving - but the leaving is the same each time - sim seems to leave - in any event he disappears. Is there something I should have done differently? If this save is a bust then so be it but I'd like to know how to avoid it or work around it for next time.
  • Options
    Can't say for sure because I've never had exactly this happen. Does ErrorTrap kick up any script error logs or is it totally silent? Are you waiting it out to see if the travel transition appears maybe as much as five or ten real time minutes after the van disappears?

The only other thing I can think of is clear caches (if you don't already do this), turn all of your graphics options down to the bare ugly minimum to reduce stress on the game just to get past the travel home transition, and try again.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Another idea: do you have a save prior to the missed graduation? If you can have your sim return home ("drop out" possibly) from there, you can catch them up with their degree and GPA using DebugEnabler once they are safe at home again.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    Like Igazor when I send one of my Sims to uni now I use traveler to go on 'holiday' to the uni world and then enroll. Seem to have less problems than just enrolling from home world.

I still get the annoying 'no class' bug when I try doing the NRAAS education major though there's a problem with the stadium rug I think. I usually just 'cheat' that major now using MC
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • Options
    Actually no, I don't usually travel my sims to Uni World as if on vacation although that should work too. The presence of the Traveler mod is supposed to protect travel and Uni enrollment transitions done the usual in-game way as well.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Took all graphics down to bare minimum, cleared caches, restarted game - no luck same thing happens. When the game starts my sim's current action is being cancelled and then I receive an option to save, so clearly the transition has started. I cancelled out the save, the van shows up, sim gets in, game goes to map view and the van disappears. Camera is left in Uni world, time is still passing, people are going about their business. I can move around the map but no actions are available when clicking on other sims. Waited a good 15 minutes, no transition screen = nothing happens. And yes, it kicks up an error notice.
  • Options
    Well, it sounds like we do have a clue provided as to what's going wrong then but I can't see from here what it says. ;)

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/How+To+Upload
    (free registration and wiki membership required to upload script logs and open a support thread)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Is that a clever way of telling me to post the error? lol Oh all right... give me a minute *grumbles*
  • Options
    Hope I'm posting the right thing...

-<NRaas.ErrorTrap>

<ModVersion value="100"/>

<BuildVersion value="0.2.0.32"/>

<Installed value="BaseGame, EP1, EP2, EP3, EP4, SP4, EP5, EP6, EP7, EP8, SP8, EP9, EP10, EP11"/>

<Enumerator value="2"/>

<Content> -- Correction Logs -- Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.BakingDish Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.BakingDish Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.BakingDish Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.BakingDish Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.BakingDish Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.BakingDish Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.BakingDish Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.BakingDish Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.BakingDish Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.SnackIceCream Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.SnackIceCream Out of World Object Found 2: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Seating.Mimics.ChairDiningPatioPlastic Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.SnackMicrowaveMeal Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.SnackMicrowaveMeal Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.SnackMicrowaveMeal Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.SnackMicrowaveMeal Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.SnackFruitPunch Out of World Object Found 2: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Tables.Mimics.TableCoffeeDesigner Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.SnackVampireJuice Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.SnackJuice Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.SnackJuice Out of World Object Found 2: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Seating.Mimics.ChairDiningOfficeStandard Out of World Object Found 2: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Spawners.Gem Out of World Object Found 2: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Electronics.StereoMediocre Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.PlateServing Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.PlateServing Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.PlateServing Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.PlateServing Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.PlateServing Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.PlateServing Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.PlateServing Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Pot Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Pot Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Pot Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Pot Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Pot Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Bowl Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Bowl Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Bowl Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Bowl Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Bowl Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Bowl Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Bowl Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Bowl Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Bowl Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Bowl Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Bowl Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Bowl Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Bowl Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Bowl Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Bowl Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Bowl Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Bowl Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Bowl Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Bowl Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Bowl Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Bowl Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Bowl Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Bowl Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Bowl Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Bowl Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Bowl Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Bowl Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Bowl Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Bowl Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Bowl Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Bowl Out of World Object Found 2: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Insect.NormalTerrarium Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.CookingObjects.Plate Out of World Object Found 2: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Decorations.Mimics.PaintingHomeSweetHome SimDescription Removed: Trevor McGhee SimDescription Removed: Greggory Wynn SimDescription Removed: Jennifer Rockefeller SimDescription Removed: Cindy Hong SimDescription Removed: Candy Mullis SimDescription Removed: Ted Luxx SimDescription Removed: Derek Khan SimDescription Removed: Shea Hollis SimDescription Removed: Nathanael Steed SimDescription Removed: Tasha Cortes Destroyed: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Seating.Mimics.ChairDiningPatioPlastic (ID=0xf8120082bc460fb0) Destroyed: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Tables.Mimics.TableCoffeeDesigner (ID=0xf8120082bc3a1fc0) Destroyed: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Seating.Mimics.ChairDiningOfficeStandard (ID=0xf8120082bc3a0d10) Destroyed: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Spawners.Gem (ID=0xf8120082bc4f85e0) Destroyed: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Electronics.StereoMediocre (ID=0xf8120082bc36bfb0) Destroyed: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Insect.NormalTerrarium (ID=0xf8120082bc4f9010) Destroyed: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Decorations.Mimics.PaintingHomeSweetHome (ID=0xf8120082bc460ac0) Loaded Assemblies: NRaasErrorTrap: Version 100 NRaasMasterController: Version 133 NRaasMasterControllerCheats: Version 133 NRaasOverwatch: Version 122 NRaasRegister: Version 80 NRaasRelativity: Version 23 NRaasStoryProgression: Version 267 NRaasStoryProgressionExtra: Version 266 NRaasStoryProgressionMoney: Version 267 NRaasTraveler: Version 86 ScriptCore SimIFace Sims3GameplayObjects Sims3GameplaySystems Sims3Metadata Sims3StoreObjects StoreObjectsBakersStation StoreObjectsCowPasture StoreObjectsCraftersConsignment StoreObjectsHotTubGrottoGeo StoreObjectsPhoneTableMidCModsuite StoreObjectsStoreHarvestables StoreObjectsTreeOfProsperity System System.Xml UI mscorlib </Content>

</NRaas.ErrorTrap>
  • Options
    Well no, it was a clever way of saying you should consider zipping up your recent, especially around the time of the travel home transition failures, script logs, upload them to NRaas, and open a support thread over there. Preferably without the grumbles, if possible.

We can't always read them properly when pasted into a message board. And if we need more advanced help, our developers are over there not on this forum.

The one you did copy/paste I can see though is merely a routine Correction Log, not errors, and is not showing anything that would get in the way of travel.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    I figured it was going to be something like that and I was doing the wrong thing... but I'm inappropriate in a good way! ;)

OK, I'll work on doing that - thanks lol
  • Options
    Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    Maybe because you missed the graduation ceremony it corrupted up your save. If you have a save prior to that, you will have to go from there but make sure you go to the ceremony. I usually wake up on that Saturday morning, and around 10 am (or earlier if needed), head to the lot. I will read some books until I get the prompt to go to the ceremony then be the first in line through the door. Try not to get into that bottle neck at the door for it will cause you to miss the ceremony also. I hope this helps in addition to Igazor's amazing help :D
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    It's also perfectly okay to sleep late, have a not-burned by the silly roommates brunch, meet up with some friends to go bowling, and forget all about the graduation ceremony. I rarely send my sims to that unless I really want the photo ops. The speeches are boring and yes, the crowds can be a bit much. Then I use DebugEnabler once back home to take care of any pending degrees that should have been granted.

Provided the sim can even get home, that is. Hope we can figure out what's going wrong here.

Exactly what I wish I could have done on my real life graduation day. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    @igazor - UPDATE! lol

Kept trying different things like resetting the sim, resetting everyone, blah blah blah. Finally, went into edit town, picked up the dorm, rotated it, set it back down and viola! Sim was able to return home and everything is peachy again. Silly sims.
  • Options
    Dear Mom and Dad,

We won't be coming home from Uni when the term is over, we can't leave because...uhm, the dorm is facing the wrong way?

Love,
    Your kids

That was a creative solution, whatever the original cause was I guess should best be left unknown. Glad you can finally play forward. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    I still have the error logs @igazor, if you really want them lol But I'm glad it worked too. :) It's my son's save and I know how he gets - if it starts acting funny, he just stops playing. The only reason we even thought to move the dorm was because I saved his sim to the bin, thinking if the save is a loss, it's a loss - but at least he wouldn't have to level up all those skills again. Then I thought, hey... why not move the house - it works for lots of other problems. And here we are. :)
  • Options
    Would be happy to take a look at those logs, either at NRaas or if you want to upload them someplace else and provide a link (PM is fine for that). Can't say I'll be able to interpret them properly all by myself, depends on what they are reporting on.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!