Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More items for Toddlers? Expansion pack for it?

Considering that now there are toddlers in the game, perhaps more content may be released for them, such as newer playground equipment.
Perhaps EA could be doing a Generations-esque expansion/ stuff pack that could give more for toddlers, such as playground equipment, training pants and underwear that is unlocked through the potty training skill. small tricycles, changing tables, and other items for toddlers and children.

Comments

• Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    Well they did have that survey on Twitter not long ago about what objects you would like to see in future...
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    My guess is we'll get a stuff pack for them, and the odd new hair/clothing items in other future packs.

--T
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I can see maybe a Stuff Pack but anything bigger than that just isn't needed. We already got a lot of stuff in the free download. A sandpit for toddlers would be nice for the public areas where a parent might have a toddler, but I'd rather have playground equipment for kids that are big enough to enjoy it.
  • Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    more likely it will be stuff pack for them or unless they add a generation ep.
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    I think it's possible we'll still see a Generations EP at some point. Perhaps because it's key feature would've been toddlers, they'll tie it in with the Back to School EP that was mentioned in a survey awhile ago. Personally I'd like an SP or GP for toddler things considering we don't have nearly the volume of CAS items and activities for them that other stages who've been around from the beginning have.
  • Options
    Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
    I need a stuff pack for toddlers. Pretty please?
    Jar Jar Binks is a Sith Lord
  • Options
    landonsmithlandonsmith Posts: 81 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I can see maybe a Stuff Pack but anything bigger than that just isn't needed. We already got a lot of stuff in the free download. A sandpit for toddlers would be nice for the public areas where a parent might have a toddler, but I'd rather have playground equipment for kids that are big enough to enjoy it.
    zubrowkas wrote: »
    I think it's possible we'll still see a Generations EP at some point. Perhaps because it's key feature would've been toddlers, they'll tie it in with the Back to School EP that was mentioned in a survey awhile ago. Personally I'd like an SP or GP for toddler things considering we don't have nearly the volume of CAS items and activities for them that other stages who've been around from the beginning have.

It is true that the toddler download was more than enough, however there are two things I think should be added further into the games. More content at lots to allow for Toddlers to have more use in a playground such as sandboxes and swings. But also an update to Dining Out so Toddlers can eat with their families.

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    If we get a stuff pack for toddlers, I hope they focus on the stuff. Toddlers are great, but there's barely anything for them there. They suffer from the same problem as kids; a lack of content made worse by shared assets.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I don't believe that they are preparing any kind of Generations EP because then they almost certainly would have included the toddlers in it instead of releasing them for free. I also don't know if they are preparing a pure toddler SP or just other SPs which now also can have a few toddler items included. If I was EA then I don't think that I would aim a toddler SP purely on the simmers who love toddlers because a more general SP would likely get better sales numbers.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    We just need a Generations EP with Toddler stuff in it. Also lot's of stuff for all the other life stages and maybe, just maybe, they manage to squeeze in Pre-Teens with that one.

Probably won't happen anytime soon though.
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    I think a "Kids" Game Pack is a good idea. There's more animation budget, so there would be more interactive objects and things to do for each age group.

I'm not opposed to a stuff pack either on toddlers, or any age group really. I mean, there is already a Kids one. Did those objects offer gameplay to teens?

Really love the play pin back, and the stroller. Those would be my top 2, if it were a SP and only two gameplay items lol
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,924 Member
    If they do bring back potty training I hope they include a cheat that allows to skip it. I love not having to worry about.

What I want: seesaws, swingsets, slides, sandboxes, toy trains, power wheel type cars, amusement park rides, etc.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Why not equipment that can be used by both toddlers and children? In Sims 3, children could ride the spring rides, and so could toddlers with the help of an older Sim (Teen+); it could build Motor skill for children and Movement for toddlers. Or a sandbox/sandpit could build Creativity for children and Imagination for toddlers. You could even have a toddler and child play together at the same time -- that would be quite cute I think. Since toddlers and children can both play with the dollhouses and small toys/toybox, it shouldn't be too hard to program an item to be used by both age groups. Playground equipment might be beyond the scope of a stuff pack (we know that swings are) but maybe a Generations-type GP or EP could include them. And more ways to build toddler/child skills are always welcome in my games. B)
    AthenaOnyx wrote: »
    If they do bring back potty training I hope they include a cheat that allows to skip it. I love not having to worry about.

What I want: seesaws, swingsets, slides, sandboxes, toy trains, power wheel type cars, amusement park rides, etc.

You could probably use the set skill level cheat to add Potty Level 2 (max level):
    Stats.set_skill_level <skilltype> <level>

but I'm not sure what the skilltype name is. Maybe someone else knows?
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    As mentioned I would really love to have Dine out updated to accommodate toddlers, as they dont seem able to dine with their families.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I think that a toddler Expansion Pack would be a tremendous waste of resources that I would prefer to see spent on things like weather and pets. I understand that to most of the forum posters toddlers are the most important and central element to The Sims franchise, but I think that devoting an entire expansion to them would be very disappointing.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    @stilljustme2
    Perhaps a bit late but to answer your question, the skilltype should be "Potty" and the max level is 3
  • Options
    Neia wrote: »
    @stilljustme2
    Perhaps a bit late but to answer your question, the skilltype should be "Potty" and the max level is 3

That was mainly for @AthenaOnyx so I'll tag her in this "thank you" post. B)
  • Options
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    I think that a toddler Expansion Pack would be a tremendous waste of resources that I would prefer to see spent on things like weather and pets. I understand that to most of the forum posters toddlers are the most important and central element to The Sims franchise, but I think that devoting an entire expansion to them would be very disappointing.

not just for toddlers of course, what I mean is a Generations-esque expansion, or simply more updates for toddlers
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I would like to see a stuffpack aimed at toddlers with fun things but nothing greater than that.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,094 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    I don't believe that they are preparing any kind of Generations EP because then they almost certainly would have included the toddlers in it instead of releasing them for free. I also don't know if they are preparing a pure toddler SP or just other SPs which now also can have a few toddler items included. If I was EA then I don't think that I would aim a toddler SP purely on the simmers who love toddlers because a more general SP would likely get better sales numbers.
    You do know a large portion of the Sims 3 store top 20 sellers are toddler objects people are desperate for toddler content.

Premium Content 3 of the top 5 objects are for toddlers

Sets 2 of the top 5 are toddler objects
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Erpe wrote: »

As I've said before, including an entire age stage in a pack that costs money would have been a nightmare for future programming. For example, how do you account for alien and vampire babies (and future supernaturals) aging up if some players have toddlers and some players do not? For that reason I doubt we'll get pre-teens in any sort of Generations pack, but it may be something they'll consider for a future iteration of The Sims.

A Generations EP (or possibly a GP) would add additional items and interactions for all the age groups. It could provide more objects and activities for toddlers and children to build their respective skills, give teens the greater definition they desperately need, create more delineation between young adults and adults, and make the elder life stage about more than just waiting for Grimmy to show up. Now that we have toddlers, all the other age stages could use a bit of filling out.