Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires: Blood (plasma) Doll trait, Reward Trait or Social Interaction...

I don't usually play different life states, but I like having them in my game. Right now all my NPC vampires are waiting until their thirst has bottomed out before attempting to drink. Then they stop after the one drink and wait for it to bottom out again.

Basically, I'm just looking for something to help my Human NPCs to feed vampires.

The Withered Stomach weakness makes Plasma Fruit Salad useless.

The Plasma Jane drink does very little to help out with thirst. It takes about 20 Plasma Janes to get a Vampire back into the green with thirst. That is a full game day of work even with a modded cloning machine that doesn't fail.

Npc Vampires cannot drink Plasma Packs autonomously and there is no social interaction to offer one.

The Blood Doll Trait or Reward Trait.

Allow Vampires to feed on a Sim without a negative social impact.

The vampire would refresh more of its thirst from drinking from a Sim with trait.

The Sim the vampire is drinking from will take less of a negative hit.

Sims with the trait could be fed from more often.

Social Interactions

Friendly Interaction: "Have a drink on me" Offers to let the vampire feed.

Friendly Interaction: "Offer Plasma Pack" Give the vampire a Plasma Pack (Requires Plasma Pack in the sims inventory).

Romantic Interaction: "Dark Embrace" Just the "Kiss Neck" Interaction plus it replenishes a small amount of thirst.

Mischief or Mean Interaction: "Have a Taste" Offers to let the vampire feed. This interaction allows a vampire to feed and only becomes available if a sim has eaten garlic recently.

Comments

• Options
    sihTeMelddiRsihTeMelddiR Posts: 8 New Member
    I understand this post was made in 2017, but I recently purchased Sims 4: Vampires and had a similar question.

I was taking the route of asking sims for a drink while feeding my vampire and was trying to figure out if I befriended a human Sim, if they would be more comfortable letting my vampire drink from them. I thought that would make logical sense considering it would prevent the vampire from violently uncontrollably drinking from them which would happen eventually, and it seemed reasonable that friends would learn to trust each other not to kill them. I quickly found out this is not the case. Asking for a drink doesn't usually go well, regardless of their relationship. As the first post points out, a human Sim cannot offer a vampire a drink on their own, which seems like a reasonable friendly interaction between friends, even if their relationship status had to be pretty high before they could do so.

The other idea I had about unlocking this interaction is through learning Vampire Lore, considering both vampire Sims and human Sims can learn about vampires through research. The Vampire Lore stuff explains how vampires live their lives including how satisfying thirst works. Human Sims could learn how to offer a drink to a vampire and maybe even how to cope with being bitten better, instead of just learning how to use garlic to keep vampires away.

Either way, it would be awesome if human Sims and Vampires could get along like this. Right now it's like human Sims are only tolerant of vampires if they act like humans, which is basically asking them to just not be a vampire at all. It's a reasonable reaction for just meeting a vampire, or not knowing much about them, but it is as if human Sims can't ever really accept vampires for being different.

Recap of helpful additions between vampires and humans:

Allowing human Sims to be more open to being asked for a drink based on friendship level or Vampire Lore knowledge

Allowing humans to offer vampires to drink from them based on either friendship level or Vampire Lore knowledge
  • Options
    sihTeMelddiRsihTeMelddiR Posts: 8 New Member
    [quote="sihTeMelddiR;c-16778872"]
    I was taking the route of asking sims for a drink while feeding my vampire and was trying to figure out if I befriended a human Sim, if they would be more comfortable letting my vampire drink from them. I thought that would make logical sense considering it would prevent the vampire from violently uncontrollably drinking from them which would happen eventually, and it seemed reasonable that friends would learn to trust each other not to kill them. I quickly found out this is not the case. Asking for a drink doesn't usually go well, regardless of their relationship.
    [/quote]

After finding out a lot more about how this interaction works, I have found the success rate is indeed based on friendship level already, I just wasn't doing it right.

Your vampire must make pleasant conversation with their befriended prey before the will agree to be bitten. Asking a sim for a drink while they are having a pleasant conversation with each other will usually end in successfully getting a drink.

I didn't even think of the type of conversation being a factor at all and this attention to detail impresses me. I am thankful there is a community to turn to or I would have never figured that out.

My apologies for my ignorance before making this post.