Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Useless Butlers

Comments

• Options
    konajavakonajava Posts: 47 Member
    I've used the Butler management tool however there is no command to direct him or her to clean. Not that I can see anyways. The upstairs bathroom tub has been filthy for a good sim week
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    i guess i got lucky ;o
    i've had the same butler since VG came out and i love him, he's amazing :p
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Yeah, I'm not bothering with them anymore. All they do is drinking, reading, and the dust checking thing. They completely ignore toddlers and broken objects and are very inconsistent cleaning dirty plates/toilets/training pots etc.
    And, they never sleep! That drives me mad!!!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    Golden_Simmer27Golden_Simmer27 Posts: 16 New Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if everyone else is having this problem but my butler is plum. She does nothing I ask her to do. She will do the surface swipe animation, stand there and rarely clean up a plate and if she does it's a whole day after the plate was used. Number 2, the butler doesn't sleep. Yes I have assigned a bed to the butler, yes I have assigned butlers quarters but she won't sleep so time goes painfully slowly when the whole household is asleep. I eventually fired the butler because there was no use for her but anyway I needed the butlers quarters for another bedroom. Am I doing something wrong? I have assigned them the responsibilities I want but nothing. Please help.

I have given up with butlers. My butler just sat in the bath :D
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Create a club that cooks, cleans and repairs. Works so much better.
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

Who do you have as members? The active family or is the club made up of butlers?

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    That certainly would be an interesting club to be in. In fact I just created a new club in my game just a short time ago. It's called The Rich Fellas, and all they do in this club so far is bowl, play bar games, drink bar, and mixed drinks. And the one requirement that this club has in order to join is have 30,000 + simoleons in the household funds
  • Options
    Tierra588Tierra588 Posts: 8 New Member
    My butler, maids, and nanny use to be so good, and now they all suck. My infant can be in the room screaming their head off, or my toddler can be hungry, but the nanny just ignores them. I look in the house for them, only to find that they're in one of my rooms watching TV or doing nothing. I don't mind them taking a break every once in a while, but at least care for the children. I learned that one of my maid's trait was that she hated children. I have a house full of children so I got rid of her immediately. It's not her job to watch the kids, but my toddler would some times chat with her, and I just didn't trust her around them since I know about her trait. She was a good maid and actually do work unlike some people, but maybe she shouldn't be around kids.
  • Options
    In my opinion, the house servants in the game needs an overhaul. At least in my game anyways, they all seem to have become very lazy all of a sudden. Either that, or they have all decided to go on strike.
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Just now, I told my butler to cook a family meal, and what did he do? He took the ingredients from the fridge, prepared the meal, placed it on the stove, then walked off.

I also wish there was a command to clean when needed because he never does that, and when the family goes for swim he invites himself, which is sometimes fine but I don't consider it very butler-like.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Haven't had too many problems with butlers. Other than one cooking something for me and then eating it for himself right in front of my sim ( Priorities were in order). I had more problem with nannies than anything. Seems they can't handle the awesomeness of toddlers compared to babies for some reason, especially if you have more than one toddler.

Says she had no problem cleaning, but doesn't clean up anything form the child or herself. D: $175 simmoleans gone.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    edited April 2017
    In my game the butlers always apear randomly. This really is a pain in the b*.
    I hired one butler for my specific household the first day Vintage Glamour arrived. I even customized my butler in CAS to make him special.
    But every time my Sim travels to another lot and come back, a new butler will arrive! WHY?!?!
    I've already started a discussion with the Admin on the Butler Page last year in December.

carls-sims-4-guide.com/stuffpacks/vintageglamour/butler.php?cmtx_page=1#cmtx_comments

Very annoying phenomen. I would like to keep my butler that I first hired for the specific household and not a random "foreign butler" generated by game every time you travel and come back.
    Of couse you can fire the new one but you can call yourself "Lucky" if the old one is coming back right after. Sometimes I have to fire 3-4-5 game genereated butlers until my custom butler finally arrives. And after you got him back you are scared to travel again because for 99% sure once you come back you will get a new buttler again.

I have already posted this in the EA bug-thread
    answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Butler-Issues/m-p/6020175#M37303
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    ZoreloraZorelora Posts: 54 Member
    I'm about to buy Vintage Glamour Stuff. So the butler is completely broken, right?
  • Options
    Zorelora wrote: »
    I'm about to buy Vintage Glamour Stuff. So the butler is completely broken, right?

I wouldn't say "broken" but it sure has allot of bugs!

• Options
    ZoreloraZorelora Posts: 54 Member
    @LuvMySimz so it is very buggy? Can I still make some use of him/her?
  • Options
    Well, I do like the pack. It has nice stuff in it, but the butler glitch itself is something that sure needs a fix!

• Options
    I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    edited April 2017
    I had the same problem. She kept quitting after my vampire suck on her neck too many times. Even a good relationship wouldn't repair that damage. The only way to fix this was to remove her from the world via CAS. The ONLY way. After that, I hired a great butler who has been around for a while and I made sure my vampire doesn't even look at her neck.
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • Options
    I8PIKACHU wrote: »
    I had the same problem. She kept quitting on my after my vampire suck on her neck too many times. Even a good relationship wouldn't repair that damage. The only way to fix this was to remove her from the world via CAS. The ONLY way. After that, I hired a great butler who has been around for a while and I made sure my vampire doesn't even look at her neck.

In my game I had Vlad turn his Female Butler into a Vampire LOL and she still works as a Butler in two of my households :)

• Options
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    I8PIKACHU wrote: »
    I had the same problem. She kept quitting on my after my vampire suck on her neck too many times. Even a good relationship wouldn't repair that damage. The only way to fix this was to remove her from the world via CAS. The ONLY way. After that, I hired a great butler who has been around for a while and I made sure my vampire doesn't even look at her neck.

In my game I had Vlad turn his Female Butler into a Vampire LOL and she still works as a Butler in two of my households :)

Great solution. So many ways to penetrate a neck in The Sims.
    soul-glo.gif
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    I have avoided the butler in TS4. The butler in TS3 drove me crazy and I decided I just can't have anyone in my household that I don't have direct control over. In TS3, my butler was an over-achiever and took over the family. I couldn't develop a relationship with my babies or toddlers because the butler was always there first when they had a need. Every time I threw a party the butler cleaned up all the food before the guests could eat. And even though I built a beautifully appointed butler's suite with it's own kitchen and living area (and assigned her bed ownership), she never went in that area. She slept in the family beds. When she crawled in bed with my Sim's husband I had to let her go.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I have avoided the butler in TS4. The butler in TS3 drove me crazy and I decided I just can't have anyone in my household that I don't have direct control over.

The Butler in TS4 is FANTASTIC! Just treat him/her like a real sim -- don't let your vampire take advantage of its neck, and don't do anything weird. If you have a garden, the Butler is phenomenal and will make you lots of simoleans.

soul-glo.gif
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    mebagl15 wrote: »

Who do you have as members? The active family or is the club made up of butlers?
    Anyone who has advanced skills in cooking and handiness.
  • Options
    I play with several families with butlers. So has to not be confusing as to which butler is which. I'm going to named the butlers by household. The Crumlish family butler prepared a family size meal of what looks like spaghetti dish, and just left on the counter. It sat there on the counter right next to the fridge until green cloud of gas started rising up from it. And did the Crumlish family butler come to clean that up, no. I had Kate clean that up. The lady of the house had to clean that up. It's a good thing that rich sims know how to keep their own houses clean in the game. There's suppose to be a way to get the butlers to do better at their jobs through the manage butler or what ever that is in the game. But it appears not to be working very well. Because every time I have one of my sims get on their butler's case for not doing their job very well. The butlers keep right on doing the same old lousy work that they have been doing all along.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    You are just now realizing how incompetent they are?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    You are just now realizing how incompetent they are?
    It's funny that you should say that because I had learned some time back that butlers are suppose to start their duty with all the basic skills maxed out. But that same butler that I was just talking about, the Crumlish family butler. That same butler nearly burned down the Crumlish family mansion while trying to cook something on the stove. That butler, I should've gotten rid of him a long time ago. Right after he had cost the Crumlish family nearly 15 k simoleons with that little fire in the kitchen that he had started with his incompetence.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top