Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ways to disable Sim Smartphone/other annoying occurences?

Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,936 Member
Sorry if this is the wrong part of the TS3 forum to post in. But I've always been trying to set up a world where technology is spare and basic with there being very few Sims that live in the neighborhood.

As such I've always found it an annoyance for my Sims to pull out their smart phone and text everyone or recover needs like Social without abiding to my worlds' lore. Same with things like time portals that appear on new worlds, weather stone on realistic words and the university mascot on my world (As well as the camera zoning in on them).

Is there a mod that can disable these and hopefully restore the feeling that I was going for in my world?
L9q8VGi.png

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I think mods like this one and this one are your best shot.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    For the phone issues, there are the NoAutoAnswerPhone & NoAutoSmartPhoneTasks mods from the first link JoAnne posted.

AFAIK, there’s no mod to stop the time portal from appearing. I delete or sell the time portal when it shows up.

For the weather stone, NRaas Traveler has an interaction where you can set the stone to not respawn after you delete it.

For the University mascot, there’s the No Mascot Intro Situation mod at http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/5693-no-mascot-intro-situation-requires-university-ep (free registration required to dl/view).
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I use tons of Mods like NRaas to control my town's growth so it dosen't fill up with sims overnight and I use other Mods to stop other issues in the game like AM with a config file to stop automatic school assignments in my 100 baby challenge set in the later half of the 16th century.I've got other legacies taking place in the 17th century and that helps with them too.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,936 Member
    TadOlson wrote: »
    I use tons of Mods like NRaas to control my town's growth so it dosen't fill up with sims overnight and I use other Mods to stop other issues in the game like AM with a config file to stop automatic school assignments in my 100 baby challenge set in the later half of the 16th century.I've got other legacies taking place in the 17th century and that helps with them too.

Which Nraas module in particular? Master Controller (Cheat modules and others with it), Register, Trafficker, Woohooer, Porter/Mover and Go Here are all in my possession but Master Controller didn't really have many settings to help with it.
    I can cull the population easily already though using the Nraas Story Progression, selective Sim breeding and my lack of home lots already. So population isn't much of a concern
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2017
    The NRaas mod that would allow for the blocking of autonomous smart phone usage of various kinds would be Retuner. But that probably wouldn't accomplish anything different than Mikey's tuning mod from MTS already mentioned, it would just be a more flexible (and potentially complicated) way to do it.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got story progression set up to have it running like the Sims 2 story progression where you have to do story progression mostly manually and manage the entire town which stops it from exploding into an overpopulated and overcrowded mess overnight.I've had that happen before when playing Modless and it messed up those saves.I can grow the town more slowly and realistically like the settlers come in once every year or two.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg